T Nation

Grown Men That Talk Like Babies

Lately some of the idiots I work with have started talking like babies. Sample blurbs:

“Do 'gin”

“How dat work”

“Me do”

And anytime they have to say an “L” sound they pronounce it “W”…“R” too…and pronounce ‘th’ as d…

“I weaww(l)y weww(l)y want one of dose”

Am I the only one encountering this?

Yes. Only crazy people live in the insane asylum. I suggest you find a new roommate who is a mute.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I suggest you find a new roommate who is a mute.[/quote]

Man…that would be great ! Wish I knew some mutes.

Unfortunately the baby talkers include my current boss and my former boss…it’s bizarre.

I think people think they are either a) being cute or b) trying to be nice or c) following a fad habit.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Lately some of the idiots I work with have started talking like babies. Sample blurbs:

“Do 'gin”

“How dat work”

“Me do”

And anytime they have to say an “L” sound they pronounce it “W”…“R” too…and pronounce ‘th’ as d…

[/quote]

oh my god … no one should have to endure that … combat pay is in order.

It’s George Bush’s fault. Stick it in their pooper

awwwwww da puty liddle baby no like goo goo gaa gaa?

Yes. Only crazy people live in the insane asylum. I suggest you find a new roommate who is a mute.[/quote]

Yall…dentz no…illiteracy is the “it” thing. Just yesterday one of the college professors was addressing students who are sending her emails like they’re on Myspace…or on the “corner.” Why would you do that??

Leave soiled diapers on their desks until they desist.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Yes. Only crazy people live in the insane asylum. I suggest you find a new roommate who is a mute.

Yall…dentz no…illiteracy is the “it” thing. Just yesterday one of the college professors was addressing students who are sending her emails like they’re on Myspace…or on the “corner.” Why would you do that??[/quote]

All “text message speak” needs to be outlawed unless specifically used in a joke that is actually funny.

I heard a guy actually say, “LOL!” to his girlfriend. I then threw up.

Big_Boss wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Yall…dentz no…illiteracy is the “it” thing. Just yesterday one of the college professors was addressing students who are sending her emails like they’re on Myspace…or on the “corner.” Why would you do that??

All “text message speak” needs to be outlawed unless specifically used in a joke that is actually funny.

I heard a guy actually say, “LOL!” to his girlfriend. I then threw up.[/quote]

I thought the commercial making fun of text talk was clever.

However they are now incorporating text talk into commercials, I overhead this commercial the other day when my son was watching tv “Once you get this you’ll have an O-M-G moment.” All I could think was WTF!@#!

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
However they are now incorporating text talk into commercials, I overhead this commercial the other day when my son was watching tv “Once you get this you’ll have an O-M-G moment.” All I could think was WTF!@#!

[/quote]

Wait…you used text talk in your outrage over the use of text talk…that’s ironing.

Its prevalent in the UK too (unfortunately).

In particular, I hate this way the ‘yoot’ here speak - from the back of the throat (sort of like you’re trying to contract your throat and speak out of your nose at the same time).

“Nah bruv. Just been kotchin’ at my yard innit.”

Really winds me up. Elocution lessons need to be taught from a young age me thinks.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:

Wait…you used text talk in your outrage over the use of text talk…that’s ironing.[/quote]

Iconic.

The word is iconic.

let’s not confuse the two
Text talk outside of texting is bad, but baby talk is faaarrrr worse.

It’s like two people that can never stop kissing, cuddling and saying I love you around their friends.

[quote]sen say wrote:

“Do 'gin”

“How dat work”

“Me do”

[/quote]

The appropriate response in this situation is to cry, soil yourself, and then throw up on them.

Big_Boss wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I heard a guy actually say, “LOL!” to his girlfriend. I then threw up.[/quote]

Proof that ignorance is really trying to take over the world:

My poor mother, (who is a saint by the way ;))moved to Virginia almost a year ago, and I dont get to talk to her much with my work schedule and the time difference.

Anyway, I was talking to her last night and told her that I thought she should get text messaging on her phone. I told her to have someone teach her how to do it. (She is not the most tech savvy person, she just recently got a laptop and a digi cam and can email pictures.) Anyway, this woman who can barley operate her phone and computer, says, oh that should’nt be too hard its just abbreviating right?

OMG thank you society for screwing with my poor moms head. I informed her no, I write in coherent sentences and use full words and she should do the same.

An hour later I am getting great messages from my mom. I think I saved one soul.

Having said that, any grown adult speaking in baby language should be grounds for a be-heading. Unless you are talking to a baby, in which case I think you should just get bitch slapped if you are a man.

Ugh.

Think of this as a good thing. They are speaking their mental ability. So when you see an adult speaking this way, you already know their mental capacity before actually having to interact with them. Sounds like a potential blessing to me.

Sen, if you are cereal you need to kick those guys in the face pronto.

Maybe they’re born that way and you should be more tolerant of their lifestyle at work. Your displeasure, your Adult Babyphobia, reveals your own closeted Adult Baby preference. And, there is no Adult Baby agenda.