T Nation

Growing past puberty

I know this might sound weird asking on a bodybuilding forum but I know a lot of you guys are knowledgeable about the body moreso than anyone else I’ve come across. I’m a pretty short guy (66.75 inches) at 18. I finished all my growing at about age 13 including body hair etc… My father is 3.25 inches taller than me. I’m 18, going on 19 soon and wondering if there is anything I can do to grow maybe 3 more inches? Any supplements or drugs I can get from a doctor? I take calcium supplements each day with a multi-vitamin/mineral plus anti-oxidant. Anything else I can do aside from proper sleep and diet? Thanks.

I feel for you!!!
The answer is no.
Unless your not done growing, then all you have to do is pick up some HgH. (real prescription stuff) Throw pretty expensive, and hard to find.

Some men have a growth spurt in their early 20’s, just hope for that!!! And don’t you worry, there are women out there who love short guys, I’m 5’1" and I LOVE to look a guy right in the eyes!

Learn to love being short. I did, and strangely enough, tall (5’11" and up) women hit on me a lot more than women of average height. Besides, short legs often make for impressive squats.

DUDE!?! You’re a little under 5’ 6". That isn’t short.

Hey T-Bro, don’t worry about it. Between the ages of 18 and 23 I grew at least 2 inches so it ain’t no big thing. Just focus on your training and everything else will follow. Trust me on this one. Oh, and I’m taller than my old man;)

I am THE SAME HEIGHT and like you I was as tall or taller than others in 6th grade and pretty much stopped there. So I didn’t become a pro football player but I never thought I was short until I read your post…
One of my friends went from 5’8" to about 6’4" in college so you can hope.

nope you can’t realy do anything about it just hope your not done growing, but I would say DON’T touch hgh, I have a family member that had a doctor put them on it when they were very young( I think around 10yrs old) and they had nothing but negative effects (very blocky, very short, very thick, I know some of this might sound good on a bodybuilding site but trust me it is not a very asthetic look) also if you are not done growing I would be carefull about very heavy wts. in any exercise that puts alot of pressure on the spine (squats, deads, olympic lifts,ect.) also,and I wish someone would have told me this when I was 18, be real careful about your joints in general at that age, your joints are looser at that age than they will be in 3-4 yrs. good luck, and hey, you will have an easier time building an impressive body at 5’6&3/4" than you would at say 6’4". just keep yourself lean 'cause it is real easy to look blocky and shorter than you are at that ht. if you let your wt. get out of control