T Nation

Grow!, Why Low-Carb?

I’ll second (or third) the notion that Classic Grow! doesn’t have quite as much versatility as does Low-Carb Grow!. I use the Classic formula, but I buy about 1 jug of Classic for every 3 jugs of Low-Carb Grow!.

This is why I feel Classic Grow! has become almost obsolete, in comparison to Low-Carb Grow!:

1. Doesn’t incorporate micellar casein.
  2. Doesn’t really have enough carbs to be significant. (i.e. Most people will need to add carbs with whole food to get enough for a P+C meal.)
  3. Honestly, it isn’t “classic.” It does not have the same taste or consistency of the old-school Grow!, much of which I figure attributes to the change in carb sources. This isn’t really a reason not to buy it, but just an observation.

On the other hand, however, Classic Grow! does have one defining quality over Low-Carb Grow!, which is the reason for which I still buy it: It is thick as all-hell. This allows the consumer to do some pretty interesting things, such as making pudding, which I think has already been mentioned. Some people like the heavy mouth-feel in the shake itself. I, for one, think that it just makes the shake harder to drink and my shaker bottle harder to clean.

Just my rambling hijack, which I think is perfectly acceptable at this point in the thread…

~Terumo

[quote]JNeves wrote:
I agree that Classic Grow! should be more of an MRP.

if you think of it the amount of carbs in Classic Grow! isnt enought to matter a whole lot of anything, sure you get a few extra calories but what is it like 80 more per serving?

My point is the two protien products are too similier and don’t think the Classic Grow! serves a whole lot of a purpose since you still need to add to it if you want an MRP… might as well gte more protien for the dollar and get Low-Carb Grow!.

Just to add fuel to the fire I don’t particularly like the taste of chocalate Grow! so ha! [/quote]

The additional 20 grams or so of carbs in Classic Grow! is perfect when all I want is an MRP. Besides, it’s always easier to add additional carbs for those who want them.

I’ll place my vote for Biotest not to jack up the carb content.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:

The additional 20 grams or so of carbs in Classic Grow! is perfect when all I want is an MRP. Besides, it’s always easier to add additional carbs for those who want them.

I’ll place my vote for Biotest not to jack up the carb content.

[/quote]

My point is if you want to add carbs just get Low-Carb Grow! Classic Grow! would stand out more and be more convienent (for those times when you need food quick but don’t have time to add carbs)