T Nation

Grow!, Why Low-Carb?

Yo, Ttewell,
Some guys are just dicks in here. Forget about 'em. Their probably fat and work out with stretch bands at their stupid desk in their small cubicles in their meaningless, redundant jobs. That was a legit question, bra.

Making a new powder would be too much i see that but wouldn’t a complete P+F+C Grow! bar be awesome?

For someone that doesn’t buy into the idea of nutrient timing - you are probably in the wrong place.

If you can’t tell the difference betweeen Grow! and Low-Carb Grow! by reading the nutritional data, then maybe you should re-think posting a question like this in the first place.

Some people may be dicks, but others are just fucking lazy. Which is worse?

rainjack, good question. I know, I have just been at the receiving end of the same bs lately. You ask an innocent question and get snubbed. I shouldn’t even bother piping up. The only person I can change is myself, so I’ll be more open-minded from now on, even when some know-it-all opens his probably triple-chined yapper. However, I know some guys in VA that are t-dudes and are yacked the f’ out.

[quote]TTewell342 wrote:
Making a new powder would be too much i see that but wouldn’t a complete P+F+C Grow! bar be awesome?[/quote]

They do make one!

6g of fat
22g of protein
22g of carbs

Don’t know how much more you can ask for…

I still don’t see what’s so hard about adding oats of flax meal or both to a fucking shaker bottle. Takes two extra seconds, then you know you’ve got good stuff instead of just some extra sugar.

Some people…you know, you remind me of an Atomic Dog TC just wrote…

[quote]Michael C wrote:
rainjack, good question. I know, I have just been at the receiving end of the same bs lately. You ask an innocent question and get snubbed. I shouldn’t even bother piping up. The only person I can change is myself, so I’ll be more open-minded from now on, even when some know-it-all opens his probably triple-chined yapper. However, I know some guys in VA that are t-dudes and are yacked the f’ out.[/quote]

why would you assume that everyone who reads and contributes to this site is a fat fuck?
If that were true, why would you want to come here and read the training info here that lead to us all being triple chinners?

I’m a triple chinner. Actually, I could crank-out more like 30. Is this over-hand grip or under-hand grip?

I’m afraid I only have 5-7 chins at the moment. Maybe if I just shut up and lift I can do better eventually.

Anyhow, as I’ve been told, everyone knows wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than me, so I’ll just assume there is good reason not to add carbs to Low-Carb Grow!

. o O (Damned good point Joe, its nice to see you make a real point now and then)

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
I’m a triple chinner. Actually, I could crank-out more like 30. Is this over-hand grip or under-hand grip?[/quote]

Chins are palm facing you, pull-ups are palms facing away. Either way I’m above a dub.

[quote]vroom wrote:
. o O (Damned good point Joe, its nice to see you make a real point now and then)[/quote]

I CAN you know…I just usually prefer not to.
TC hired me for comic relief, not hard facts. He’s got Thibs and Shugs etc for that.

(well I keep getting these PM’s accusing me of working for Biotest…).

Besides, it’s easier for me you YOU make the points. Then all I have to do is criticize.
:wink:

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
vroom wrote:
. o O (Damned good point Joe, its nice to see you make a real point now and then)

I CAN you know…I just usually prefer not to.
TC hired me for comic relief, not hard facts. He’s got Thibs and Shugs etc for that.

(well I keep getting these PM’s accusing me of working for Biotest…).

Besides, it’s easier for me you YOU make the points. Then all I have to do is criticize.
;)[/quote]

But Joe… you do work for Biotest.

What else would we need money for?

Hey, T-Mod, thanks! I was thinking the way things were going lately that post where I was kidding about TC hiring me would get bounced b/c heaven forbid someone might really believe it.
You’re a true gentleperson and scholar!
And my new favorite mod!

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:
vroom wrote:
. o O (Damned good point Joe, its nice to see you make a real point now and then)

I CAN you know…I just usually prefer not to.
TC hired me for comic relief, not hard facts. He’s got Thibs and Shugs etc for that.

(well I keep getting these PM’s accusing me of working for Biotest…).

Besides, it’s easier for me you YOU make the points. Then all I have to do is criticize.
:wink:

But Joe… you do work for Biotest.

What else would we need money for?[/quote]

shhh…be vewwwy vewwwy quiet.

[quote]TTewell342 wrote:
Why is the Grow! protein powder low carb? Ever think of making a macrobolic mix type Grow!? Maybe the carb source would be oats and flax for the fat source. That kind of protein powder would fit me better. Anything in the works?[/quote]

Is there any way you can keep your supplies in your car and pop a shake or grab a bar between classes?

Weider’s advice of adding additional additives could be done before you leave the house. Mix the P+C and P+F shakes before you leave and put them into seperate drinking bottles. That way you only have to carry 3 or so 16.9 fl oz bottles in addition to your books and folders and shit. Those bottles are a lot more portable than a tub O’ Low-Carb Grow!/Classic Grow!/Macronutrient Stylate(spelling) tubs of Protein and a shaker! Just prepare your crap before you take your shit to school.

Shhhhiiiitttt…

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
vroom wrote:
. o O (Damned good point Joe, its nice to see you make a real point now and then)

I CAN you know…I just usually prefer not to.
TC hired me for comic relief, not hard facts. He’s got Thibs and Shugs etc for that.

(well I keep getting these PM’s accusing me of working for Biotest…).

Besides, it’s easier for me you YOU make the points. Then all I have to do is criticize.
;)[/quote]

Even a broken clock…

Sasquatch, I was trying the carrot approach discussed not too long ago, I don’t think it had any effect.

Sasquatch and voom:
God I love you guys!
Not in a weird Powda type way either.

why would you assume that everyone who reads and contributes to this site is a fat fuck?
If that were true, why would you want to come here and read the training info here that lead to us all being triple chinners?
[/quote]

You’re right. I am just pmsing. Thinning hair, acne, I hate myself!! My bad, again.

I agree that Classic Grow! should be more of an MRP.

if you think of it the amount of carbs in Classic Grow! isnt enought to matter a whole lot of anything, sure you get a few extra calories but what is it like 80 more per serving?

My point is the two protien products are too similier and don’t think the Classic Grow! serves a whole lot of a purpose since you still need to add to it if you want an MRP… might as well gte more protien for the dollar and get Low-Carb Grow!.

Just to add fuel to the fire I don’t particularly like the taste of chocalate Grow! so ha!