Grow!, Why Low-Carb?

Why is the Grow! protein powder low carb? Ever think of making a macrobolic mix type Grow!? Maybe the carb source would be oats and flax for the fat source. That kind of protein powder would fit me better. Anything in the works?

You could just buy regualar Grow!.

Ttewell (Tool, I love it!),
Classic Grow! has carbs. Check that shit out. I am the same way. The only time I prefer to not have a carbed shake is late at night. Otherwise, I’m down with carbs (I am lean, too, not some fat piggy who posts nutrition advice all day). Later, Piiiiimp!

Regular Grow! is out there, problem is it isn’t the fancy kind of protein like Low-Carb Grow!. For most people the reason is that it gives you more flexibility with their diets. You can always add milk or oats to Low-Carb Grow! and get a carbs if needed.

The more stuff you add the bigger the serving… the bigger the bottle… the more expensive. Its not that hard to find or add your own carbs to a shake or meal but it can be difficult to find a good quality protein powder. I’n some cases, I wish it were more of an MRP, but I can’t complain about 2 lbs of solid protein.

My question is, why not low-carb? I’m not really sure why anyone would buy a protein powder that wasn’t low-carb, except in instances where they literally have no access to other foods. Maybe a trucker or something.

With a low-carb protein you have a building block that you can mix and match with oats and oils as you see fit to create any macronutrient ratio possible. Why would you want to lock yourself into a macronutrient ratio if you don’t have to?

My Low-Carb Grow! makes the perfect P+C AND P+F meals.

[quote]Moriarty wrote:
My question is, why not low-carb? I’m not really sure why anyone would buy a protein powder that wasn’t low-carb, except in instances where they literally have no access to other foods. Maybe a trucker or something.

With a low-carb protein you have a building block that you can mix and match with oats and oils as you see fit to create any macronutrient ratio possible. Why would you want to lock yourself into a macronutrient ratio if you don’t have to?

My Low-Carb Grow! makes the perfect P+C AND P+F meals.[/quote]

I agree with you for the most part. But as a college student, I can see where it would sometimes be good to be able to have a P + C shake. Carrying whole-food carbs around during a day of classes can get annoying. That’s why I’m planning on ordering some Classic Grow!. I’m glad the Grow! bars are back too. I’ve been bringing protein bars and bananas on days I have class (2x per week). But the Grow! bars are better quality than the protein bars I’ve been able to get my hands on.

Mixing with oats and taking a tablespoon of flax and a tablespoon of olivie oil is usually what i do now. It’s not very convenient. What I was really thinking of was maybe a Grow! bar formulated like that. A COMPLETE meal on the go. BTW I don’t buy into that whole P+C AND P+F meal thing, all of them together makes more sende to me unless it’s postworkout.

Just keep in mind that the differences aren’t just in the carbs. Low-Carb Grow! is a much more advanced protein formulation, with potentially better benefits. Read the Low-Carb Grow! product thread for more info.

Just as others have pointed out, you can always add some carbs, or use the Grow! bars in combination, but don’t completely omit Low-Carb Grow! just because it’s low carb.

Wow, this is good stuff. I see both sides. I like the ‘why not low-carb?’ question. It is legit, just add the shit you want. A banana, there you go. Some peanut butter, there you go. Good shit. Has anyone tried ‘D’s Protein?’

“Why is the Grow! protein powder low carb? Ever think of making a macrobolic mix type Grow!? Maybe the carb source would be oats and flax for the fat source. That kind of protein powder would fit me better. Anything in the works?”

Really that would fit you better? Cool. Maybe TC can come spot you and Shugart can cook your omlette for you each morning.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
“Why is the Grow! protein powder low carb? Ever think of making a macrobolic mix type Grow!? Maybe the carb source would be oats and flax for the fat source. That kind of protein powder would fit me better. Anything in the works?”

Really that would fit you better? Cool. Maybe TC can come spot you and Shugart can cook your omlette for you each morning.[/quote]

Now THAT’S some funny sh$t but just in case they’re reading… I’d be game for TC to come spot me and I like my omlettes with meat AND veggies, please.

I think the Classic Grow! is perfect. If you want more carbs, eat some fruit. If you want more good fat, maybe try Muscle Milk. That stuff is high in MCTs supposedly. But, overall, how can you complain about Grow!???

hey dip shit,
what i was saying was not everyone is on a low carb diet. I think a mix is the best and I’m sure that quite a few people would agree. Why not accomodate those people too?

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:

Really that would fit you better? Cool. Maybe TC can come spot you and Shugart can cook your omlette for you each morning.[/quote]

In that response. Is it easier to add carbs to a shake or remove carbs from a shake?

[quote]TTewell342 wrote:
hey dip shit,
what i was saying was not everyone is on a low carb diet. I think a mix is the best and I’m sure that quite a few people would agree. Why not accomodate those people too?

IL Cazzo wrote:

Really that would fit you better? Cool. Maybe TC can come spot you and Shugart can cook your omlette for you each morning.

[/quote]

Not trying to rag on you, but there’s already the Classic Grow! which I plan to try. I think it would take too much time and money to formulate a third one, and I don’t think the demand would be high enough. Easy enough to add flax or something to the Classic Grow!

Tri,

Apparently it is more inconvenient to carry a shaker bottle with powder and added carbs in it than a shaker bottle with just powder in it.

Weren’t you following?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
TTewell342 wrote:
hey dip shit,

IL Cazzo wrote:

Not trying to rag on you, but there’s already the Classic Grow! which I plan to try. I think it would take too much time and money to formulate a third one, and I don’t think the demand would be high enough. Easy enough to add flax or something to the Classic Grow!
[/quote]

I use Classic Grow! as my morning protein. the taste is very different from Low-Carb Grow! so it took me a few days to get used to it. I like it though.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:

I use Classic Grow! as my morning protein. the taste is very different from Low-Carb Grow! so it took me a few days to get used to it. I like it though.[/quote]

Cool. I’ll definitely give it a try.

Classic Grow! = great pudding :slight_smile: