T Nation

Grow! Whey Protein

I want to know why Grow! Whey Protein is superior to any other whey protein on the market. I cannot seem to find out by searching this website. Metabolic Drive is a product that has an awesome explanation for why it is the absolute best source of protein period. But could someone give me a similar explanation about Grow! Whey protein?

None. It’s just about supporting the people who bring us the other great products. Until the price dropped I refused to buy it. Now it’s a pretty good deal, like it should be.

That’s what I’ve found anyway.

[quote]ostldm01 wrote:
I want to know why Grow! Whey Protein is superior to any other whey protein on the market. I cannot seem to find out by searching this website. Metabolic Drive is a product that has an awesome explanation for why it is the absolute best source of protein period. But could someone give me a similar explanation about Grow! Whey protein? [/quote]

It’s just a basic good quality whey like many other out there. This on is JUST concentrate tho. No isolates or anything.
Truth is most whey comes from just a handful of manufacturers worldwide.

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:
None. It’s just about supporting the people who bring us the other great products. Until the price dropped I refused to buy it.[/quote]

x2

[quote]Now it’s a pretty good deal, like it should be.

That’s what I’ve found anyway.[/quote]

I’m not sure what you’re comparing it to, but unless you are comparing it to $34/3pound ON Whey at GNC, I’m not sure ‘good’ is the word you’re looking for.

And for the record, no one should be buying whey at GNC, unless they love to burn money.

I’m comparing it to the other 2lb tubs on the market. The shit at Walmart comes out to what 15$ a tub. The Grow! whey is just 3$ more now and I’d say it’s a 3 dollars well spent. 5 and 10lb containers are another story. Biotest doesn’t sell them, I wish they did. Also ON whey has helped me alot. I really like it as a product, no complaints. For 6$ a lb it’s a very good product.

I haven’t been inside a GNC store for over 5 years. I order all my supps.

I hate to continue down the off topic road but…I can’t see how GNC stays in business. I just got Animal Flex from a site for $24, GNC wanted $42 or $34 if you had their gold card. lol

And as for protein I like ON. I can get the 5lb Gold standard for $40.

I’ve found that Biotest products are unmatched in solubility (mixes so easily!) and taste. In terms of actual quality of the protein for your body’s use? IDK.

Like one poster mentioned, w/ the price drop, it’s the same as a lot of other brands, so why not support the company that gives us other goodies!?

[quote]Jim W wrote:
I hate to continue down the off topic road but…I can’t see how GNC stays in business. I just got Animal Flex from a site for $24, GNC wanted $42 or $34 if you had their gold card. lol

And as for protein I like ON. I can get the 5lb Gold standard for $40. [/quote]

You should be able to get Gold Standard for $30 shipped/5 pound.

[quote]Mouldsie wrote:
Like one poster mentioned, w/ the price drop, it’s the same as a lot of other brands, so why not support the company that gives us other goodies!?[/quote]

I’m sorry, but the price just isn’t comparable to other brands of whey. At $9 a pound, it just isn’t comparable.

Biotest makes great products, and most of them are cheaper than you will find them anywhere else. Unfortunately, they have missed the ball with Grow!. Maybe if they started offering 5lb tubs for $6 a pound, they would be in the game.

Some of us go through 5-10 pounds of whey a month; overpaying can get very expensive, fast.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m sure its a great product. Everything I’ve bought from Biotest has worked wonders for me. I’ve just never tried the protein. Only one way to truly find out I suppose…order it…

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Jim W wrote:
I hate to continue down the off topic road but…I can’t see how GNC stays in business. I just got Animal Flex from a site for $24, GNC wanted $42 or $34 if you had their gold card. lol

And as for protein I like ON. I can get the 5lb Gold standard for $40.

You should be able to get Gold Standard for $30 shipped/5 pound.

Mouldsie wrote:
Like one poster mentioned, w/ the price drop, it’s the same as a lot of other brands, so why not support the company that gives us other goodies!?

I’m sorry, but the price just isn’t comparable to other brands of whey. At $9 a pound, it just isn’t comparable.

Biotest makes great products, and most of them are cheaper than you will find them anywhere else. Unfortunately, they have missed the ball with Grow!. Maybe if they started offering 5lb tubs for $6 a pound, they would be in the game.

Some of us go through 5-10 pounds of whey a month; overpaying can get very expensive, fast.
[/quote]

where are you buying? one of the cheapest sites I know of sells 10 lbs for like $80 shipped.

[quote]ostldm01 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I’m sure its a great product. Everything I’ve bought from Biotest has worked wonders for me. I’ve just never tried the protein. Only one way to truly find out I suppose…order it…[/quote]

IMO Metabolic Drive is just too much for my tastebuds, but i’ve recently started going through Surge Recovery like crazy. And since the price drop i’ve even invested in some Surge Workout Fuel + 2 More bottles of Surge Recovery.

And so far the only complaint i’ve had with Surge Recovery was that it’s so damn micronized that the taste permeates the blender bottle i have. So i have to wash the damn thing every time i use the Surge powder. But in the end, it’s better than cooking a meal after practice/workout.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
where are you buying? one of the cheapest sites I know of sells 10 lbs for like $80 shipped.
[/quote]

2x Amazon has it cheap.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Jim W wrote:
I hate to continue down the off topic road but…I can’t see how GNC stays in business. I just got Animal Flex from a site for $24, GNC wanted $42 or $34 if you had their gold card. lol

And as for protein I like ON. I can get the 5lb Gold standard for $40.

You should be able to get Gold Standard for $30 shipped/5 pound.

Mouldsie wrote:
Like one poster mentioned, w/ the price drop, it’s the same as a lot of other brands, so why not support the company that gives us other goodies!?

I’m sorry, but the price just isn’t comparable to other brands of whey. At $9 a pound, it just isn’t comparable.

Biotest makes great products, and most of them are cheaper than you will find them anywhere else. Unfortunately, they have missed the ball with Grow!. Maybe if they started offering 5lb tubs for $6 a pound, they would be in the game.

Some of us go through 5-10 pounds of whey a month; overpaying can get very expensive, fast.
[/quote]

Damn straight. Words of wisdom right there, that’s why ON is one of my favs. Biotest needs to do something about this. I mean come on, some of us have been lifting for years, we weren’t born yesterday. The product is sold out and on backorder however. I’d still be willing to bet the mojority of those customers don’t go through as much whey as I do. Like DOH said, even if it is a good product, it doesn’t translate to the hardcore.

I think the cheapest whey I’ve found is 5 dollars a pound for concentrate.