T Nation

Grow! WHEY Premium Quality Protein

Has anyone tried it? What did you think?

[quote]themechanic55 wrote:
Has anyone tried it? What did you think?[/quote]

I like it. It has a neutral taste which is good for adding your own flavors to it.

I’m one of those guys who can build muscle without special protein formulations. This is a very decent protein at a great price.

I do admit liking the Metabolic Drive Super Protein Shake the most due to the fantastic flavors and protein profile but like I said I can build muscle off of steak & eggs too.

I use the protein powders for the convenience and I like the taste.

Yup good simple no frills taste like maybe coffee creamer just kind of slightly milky great to add to about anything

Phill

ok thanks guys, i think im gonna pick some up.

another thing i was wondering about…when i looked at the supplement info it says its only 46 servings. shouldnt it be more like 80 servings? since it contains 2267 total grams at 28.5 a container?

Use it all the time. Metabolic Drive is too sweet for my taste.

I only like Lady Lumps.

How does Grow WHEY mix?
This is really important to me as I only use a shaker cup.

Previously tried:
AllWhey Chocolate by ALLMAX, great taste and instant mixing

Whey Maxx Chocolate by PVL and it sux, too chalky and LUMPY

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
I only like Lady Lumps.

How does Grow WHEY mix?
This is really important to me as I only use a shaker cup.

Previously tried:
AllWhey Chocolate by ALLMAX, great taste and instant mixing

Whey Maxx Chocolate by PVL and it sux, too chalky and LUMPY
[/quote]

If you have enough liquid, it mixes well. However, if you like the flavored stuff (chocolate, vanilla), you may not like Grow! Whey.

[quote]Arioch wrote:
TKOWKD1 wrote:
I only like Lady Lumps.

How does Grow WHEY mix?
This is really important to me as I only use a shaker cup.

Previously tried:
AllWhey Chocolate by ALLMAX, great taste and instant mixing

Whey Maxx Chocolate by PVL and it sux, too chalky and LUMPY

If you have enough liquid, it mixes well. However, if you like the flavored stuff (chocolate, vanilla), you may not like Grow! Whey. [/quote]

Depends what you’re looking for. Grow! Whey is essentially unflavored (Natural flavor), so I find it works best in baking and other recipes. It makes a wicked pancake, especially with flax meal and cinnamon.

Also, TKO, I know you said you use a shaker cup, but I’ve found that if you stir with a fork instead of a spoon for 20-30 seconds, and use enough water like Arioch said, you should be golden. I’ve also heard that throwing an ice cube or two into a shaker cup (if that’s feasible) helps to break things up.

It mixes fine for me in a shaker – no lumps.

I mix with water and use it in my cereal.

Taste is somewhat like milk, so it works well on cereal.

[quote]themechanic55 wrote:
Has anyone tried it? What did you think?[/quote]

I actually just ordered some and awaiting my shipment so I can try it. Most people say it has a natural/coffee creamer flavor to it.

On a side note, I know this sounds kinda dumb, but is there any way Biotest can raise the price on Grow! Whey by $0.01 to make it $30 even, so you can buy 5 containers of it at a time and qualify for free shipping ($150), without being $0.05 short?

Just a thought.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
themechanic55 wrote:
Has anyone tried it? What did you think?

I actually just ordered some and awaiting my shipment so I can try it. Most people say it has a natural/coffee creamer flavor to it.

On a side note, I know this sounds kinda dumb, but is there any way Biotest can raise the price on Grow! Whey by $0.01 to make it $30 even, so you can buy 5 containers of it at a time and qualify for free shipping ($150), without being $0.05 short?

Just a thought.[/quote]

Ha, great observation. ZMA is cheap and really helps with sleep I find, so maybe this could be added to your order to take you over the top. Kinda funny though.

I just switched to it last week after a year of using ON…Wow! what a differance, tastes better, mixes better, and is cheaper. I’ll be doing a big order in the coming days…

I just got my shipment and tried it and WOW!!! it’s tasty!! To the OP, I highly recommend purchasing it, I’ve been missing out for a while, don’t do the same. Well worth the investment.

[quote]themechanic55 wrote:
ok thanks guys, i think im gonna pick some up.

another thing i was wondering about…when i looked at the supplement info it says its only 46 servings. shouldnt it be more like 80 servings? since it contains 2267 total grams at 28.5 a container?[/quote]

its mislabeled I am pretty sure, it is really 76 or 79 servings I think.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
I just got my shipment and tried it and WOW!!! it’s tasty!! To the OP, I highly recommend purchasing it, I’ve been missing out for a while, don’t do the same. Well worth the investment.[/quote]

Yeah buddy, Grow! is one of the best deals around.

To your other post, lol that much Grow! would last forever!

I like this Biotest purchase

1 tub of Grow!
2 tubs of Surge
1 tub of Metabolic Drive Complete
1 bottle of ZMA or creatine

[quote]Kalle wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
I just got my shipment and tried it and WOW!!! it’s tasty!! To the OP, I highly recommend purchasing it, I’ve been missing out for a while, don’t do the same. Well worth the investment.

Yeah buddy, Grow! is one of the best deals around.

To your other post, lol that much Grow! would last forever!

I like this Biotest purchase

1 tub of Grow!
2 tubs of Surge
1 tub of Metabolic Drive Complete
1 bottle of ZMA or creatine

[/quote]

Solid purchase bro.

Kalle = stud

tmoney1 = working on it

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
I just got my shipment and tried it and WOW!!! it’s tasty!! To the OP, I highly recommend purchasing it, I’ve been missing out for a while, don’t do the same. Well worth the investment.[/quote]

We must have very different taste buds. I tried it and didn’t like it and even traded extra bottles of it with another T-Nation member for Metabolic Drive!

I believe in terms of whey protein, it is the best tasting for being natural. It has that creamer type flavor to it. Not something I’d drink like water though.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:

We must have very different taste buds. I tried it and didn’t like it and even traded extra bottles of it with another T-Nation member for Metabolic Drive!

[/quote]

Yeah you’re right Nate Dogg, could be different taste buds. It was my first time trying it, and I wanted to try in plain mixed in water with nothing else to get the taste, and I really liked it, even for being natural.

And I ordered some chocolate Low-Carb Metabolic Drive and was even tastier than the Grow! Whey. Glad I am using Biotest now, it’s worth it.

Grow! is the best value I have found.If you dont like the taste as is,try adding a packet of splenda to your shake.Also it mixes well in a shaker if you put a couple of ice cubes in with it.And its great too for homemade protein bars,