Grow! Whey and Cinnamon

I just did this. 1 scoop of Grow! Whey and a bit of cinnamon. Probably one of the best tasting shakes I’ve had in a while.

In close second…
2 scoops Grow! Whey
1 banana
natty PB to taste

Today I did…

1/3 c. Coconut Milk
Tray of Ice Cubes
1/4 c. C. Countdown Milk
1 Scoop Whey
A little crystal light powder

In the blender. Its a rip off of Shugart’s 30 kcal crushed ice concoction. It came out pretty close to ice cream consistency. I enjoyed it, in fact, I make go make some more, watch tv, and eat it.

I just chug Grow! Whey and instant coffee, usually regular, sometimes flavored.

i love any vanilla flavored protein and i always dump a generous amount of cinnamon in with a tiny dash of ground clove for a very pleasant and aromatic effect. i’ve also read that cinnamon may aid in controlling blood glucose levels and insulin sensativity.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

[/quote]

ON whey does not dissolve in hot coffee for me. I get little rice sized things in my teeth.

Does Grow! Whey dissolve? I’m talking, not even a teaspoon full in 16 ounces of coffee will dissolve, shaking my ass off.

when i was bulking i would put chocolate syrup in my Grow! Whey, not too shabby.

my favorite of all time though is adding chocolate and/or banana protein to pancake mix… gives you alot of protein to start the day and theyre goddamn delicious

Try adding a little bit of cocoa to your shakes.

Delicious

:slight_smile:

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

ON whey does not dissolve in hot coffee for me. I get little rice sized things in my teeth.

Does Grow! Whey dissolve? I’m talking, not even a teaspoon full in 16 ounces of coffee will dissolve, shaking my ass off.[/quote]

I don’t even use hot coffee. At my desk I dump my scoop (or scoops) of Grow! Whey in an almost empty bottle of water, I put in 2 spoonfuls of instant coffee, I fill the rest of the bottle with water and shake.

I have never felt anything grainy in my mouth with Grow! Whey.

I’ve also added Superfood to Grow! Whey but I would put the Superfood in first and shake that up with a little water to get it all mixed up and then add the Grow! Whey.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Does Grow! Whey dissolve? I’m talking, not even a teaspoon full in 16 ounces of coffee will dissolve, shaking my ass off.

I don’t even use hot coffee. At my desk I dump my scoop (or scoops) of Grow! Whey in an almost empty bottle of water, I put in 2 spoonfuls of instant coffee, I fill the rest of the bottle with water and shake.

I’ve also added Superfood to Grow! Whey but I would put the Superfood in first and shake that up with a little water to get it all mixed up and then add the Grow! Whey.

[/quote]

I do the same with instant coffee when I want some caffeine. It’s so bitter though.

Chocolate protein powder and instant coffee? delicious.

[quote]Flow wrote:
Try adding a little bit of cocoa to your shakes.

Delicious

:)[/quote]

I’ve done that before, I wasn’t a huge fan. It’s a good way to change things up.

When I got my first tub of grow I couldn’t stand the stuff. Thought it tasted bad. Now it’s just good. Better than anything else I’ve tried.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
i’ve also read that cinnamon may aid in controlling blood glucose levels and insulin sensativity.[/quote]

Wikipedia says that’s the case. There’s also a few abstracts on PubMed that allude to the same thing. Apparently it’s a specific type of cinnamon, though.

[quote]boyscout wrote:
1morerep wrote:
i’ve also read that cinnamon may aid in controlling blood glucose levels and insulin sensativity.

Wikipedia says that’s the case. There’s also a few abstracts on PubMed that allude to the same thing. Apparently it’s a specific type of cinnamon, though.

[/quote]

I’ve heard that as well, but I mainly put cinnamon in my Grow! Whey simply because it tastes good. :slight_smile:

[quote]boyscout wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

I do the same with instant coffee when I want some caffeine. It’s so bitter though.

Chocolate protein powder and instant coffee? delicious.

[/quote]

I’m a big fan of mixing a spoonful of instant coffee with either Grow! Whey or some Chocolate Low-Carb Metabolic Drive. It gives me a nice pickup on the weekends, especially since I don’t really drink coffee anymore during the week.

I also sometimes like to put a little bit of whipped cream or ReadyWhip in the shake to sweeten it up a bit. It gives the shake a creamier texture.