Grow! Shakes @ the Office

Has anyone out there used a hand mixer with any success with making shakes in the office?

Does Grow! disolve well enough that the shake-the-sh*t-out of it method works?

I’d rather not use a blender under my desk but I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks guys.

I’ve never had any problems with just shaking it.

I have 3 per day and use a Nalgene bottle - I also add 3 tbsp of Greens+ and Udo’s Choice.

Just be sure you close the top tight. I posted a message a few weeks ago explaining my experience of shaking it with the top unscrewed which resulted in a Grow! shake ALL over my office.

Just put i in a tupperware cup w/a lid and give it hell for 30 seconds.

I also have three per day at the office (V-Diet). The Nalgene bottles work well with the shake the shit out of it method. Friend of mine used to use a mason jar. The top came flying off and he had protien goo 15 feet up his office wall. That was good for some laughs, but not so funny if you have to clean it up.

Grow! works perfect in a shaker bottle! I remember shakes I used in the past that were damn near impossible to drink without a blender, but no worries with Grow!

Dude, just put some of the powder in your mouth, sip a bit of the milk or water you are using and work it around with your tongue and mix it in your mouth. This also works great if your driving and need to get your Grow! in and you don’t want to stop. It’s a bit odd but it works great, plus you don’t have anything to clean up and there is no chance of making a mess (unless you’re a moron and forget to close your mouth).

I have Grow! shakes at my office and I found that a spoon works really well. I use plenty of water and just stir it up. Takes almost as much time as if I were to use a shaker bottle.

You don’t need a blender. Get one of those big plastic bottles with a removable strainer/screen thingy in it. They absolutely work great and are available at pretty much any nutrition store.

They work much much better than a regular tupperware container.

Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11657&item=6163184459&rd=1

Thanks guys, this will come in handy, especially since I’m thinking of giving the Velocity Diet a go.

A good shaker works fine.

[quote]aschy wrote:
I have 3 per day and use a Nalgene bottle - I also add 3 tbsp of Greens+ and Udo’s Choice.

Just be sure you close the top tight. I posted a message a few weeks ago explaining my experience of shaking it with the top unscrewed which resulted in a Grow! shake ALL over my office.[/quote]

Ruined my laptop this way. $150 later I have a new keyboard.

How does it taste with G+?

[quote]michaelv wrote:
A good shaker works fine.[/quote]

I have one of the 25 oz. shakers with a mesh screen and pouring spout - add some ice cubes and it shakes up fine.

I also use a hand/immersion blender that I keep in the office break room for those times I like having the ice blended in for a really cold shake.

[quote]trigwu wrote:
How does it taste with G+?[/quote]

Depends on what I mix G+ with.

If it’s just Grow!, then it does taste different. It’s hard to explain what the taste is, but I don’t find it disgusting.

If I blend Grow! with fruit or something, then the taste is masked over.

G+ does live up to its name and turn the shake a nice dark shade of green, so be prepared for a lot of “WTF are you drinking” comments.

I just use a fork, water, and a styrofoam cup. And then I rinse off the cup and fork, and use it again the next day. No fuss, no muss.