Grow! Recipe Contest

Now that <a href=“Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION”>Grow! is only $23, more and more people are using it and we’re hearing a lot of new recipe ideas.

Reply to this thread with your Grow! recipes. The T-mag staff will try them out and choose their favorite. The winner will receive two free bottles of Grow!, <a href=“Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION”>Classic or <a href=“Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION”>Low Carb, and a T-shirt. The recipe will be published in a future edition of T-mag.

Let’s hear’em!

I have the chocolate classic GROW and this is the BEST recipe I have ever used.

24 oz. water
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 scoops classic (or low carb) chocolate GROW
1 tbsp peanut butter

All you do is mix together and blend and you have a great tasting shake!

Alright,

I only use this on Sundays- a cheat day.

3 Scoops Classic Vanilla Grow, 1-2 cups crushed ice, and a can of pineapple chunks - juice and all.

Don’t add any water!

Blend until smooth.

So good…

Hmm, I think it’s hard not to re-invent the wheel with grow recipes. My favorites are pretty much those I’ve found on this site. However, I can give some general truisims I have found with grow concoctions.

Chocolate goes well with peanut butter.
Vanilla goes decidely well with bananas and some other tropical fruits.

Both go well with cottage cheese and oatmeal.

Both taste strong enough to sufficiently mask the taste of flax and even fish oils.

That said, maybe I’ll go a little further. The Vanilla Pina Colada:

Coconut shavings (natural/unprocessed–actually chopping your own would be best), pineapple (fresh preferred, canned ok), vanilla grow and ice cubes, low-fat cottage cheese and oatmeal for consistency preferences (the cottage cheese and oatmeal also manipulate the carbs and protein of the meal and the oatmeal, if you make the shake big, will prevent you from having too much fructose). Find your own preference with the ratios.

To satisfy a sweets craving, I eat mine with a spoon directly out of the container. You must take small amounts though as you will choke beyond the point of no return if it gets in your throat without enough moisture! Other than that, it’s been just Grow and water for two years now and I still love it.

I usually mix my Grow Concoctions at the beginning of the week. I experiment a good bit, but this is my definite favorite.

2-3 scoops of Classic Vanilla Grow
12 oz. skim milk
8 oz. orange juice
8-10 fresh strawberries
1 banana
1 splash of vanilla extract
desired amount of ice

You can’t beat the taste of this concoction. It would also make a decent post-workout shake. Occasionally, I will add a few spoonfulls of Strawberry Yogurt if I have it laying around.

Sweet Strawberry Grow!

2 scoops of vanilla Low Carb Grow

1 scoop of sugar free strawberry ice cream or frozen yogurt.

1 serving of Benefiber (guar gum) as thickening agent.

1 serving of sugar free strawberry preserves

Blend with ice and small amount of water, then eat it with a spoon. This is a real treat - a high protein, sugar free dessert!

This isn’t a recipe per se, but I like Vanilla Grow! in my coffee.

This recipe kicks butt!

PB Protein Bars
Great For A Bulking Cycle, DOnt go near this on a cut.

Ingredients:
At least 1 and 1/4 cup PB
9 TableSpoons Honey
1 and 1/4 cup Vanilla Grow!
1 cup Old Fashioned oatmeal
Other ingredients to taste

Take 1 and 1/4-1/2 cup All-Natural Peanut Butter
(less or more may be used, less makes the bars crumble more, and more makes it stickier)
And mix it in a large bowl with 9 tablespoons of honey.
Microwave on high for 80 seconds or until melted.
After it is melted add 1 cup oatmeal and 1 and 1/4 cup vanilla grow. (U can use chocolate, but beware of wat it will look like. AND DONT ADD MORE THAN THIS)
Mix these well and pour into a 13x9 inch pan. Let cool at room temp. for at least 20 minutes b4 attempting to cut, more time may be needed.

P.s. you may add raisins, nuts, etc for taste.

Nice and simple snack; take cottage cheese and sprinkle as much GROW! on as you want. Mix it together with a spoon. Mmmmmm

Vanilla grow(LC because the pina syrup/mix will have enough carbs in it) 2 scoops
+shredded cocunt(230 grams),
+ice (about 5 small cubes),
+any pinacolda mix or syrup of your choice
+600 mls of water

Add all to blender and turn it on for 1-1.5 minutes on full. This should give you nearly a 1000 ml of protein jacked pina. Hence making it good for two.

Add your favourite berries or fruits to boost antioxidant or taste even further.

2 scoops of vanilla GROW!
12oz skim milk
1/4 cup of cottage cheese
3 tablespoons of honey
3 splashes of cinnamon
1/3 cup of apples
1/4 cup of ice
Tastes just like apple pie.

2 scoops of chocolate GROW!
3 tablespoons of choc. syrup
12oz of skim milk
1 banana
tons of whipped cream
1/3 cup of ice
mix in 1/3 cup of your favorite nut
Why would you like that recipe? No one likes banana splits.

3 tablespoons of marshmellows (or cream)
1/3 cup of graham crackers
3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
12 ounces of skim milk
1/3 cup of ice
Again, who could possibly like S’mores??!?!?!?

Vanilla GROW! with oatmeal and raisins ain’t that bad either… Hell, liver and asparagus might even taste good with GROW! Don’t worry parents, I’m working on that recipe!

I agree with Burke, to satisfy my sweet cravings I eat grow right out of the container too. However, I do have a cup of water handy and I throw in a tablespoon of GROW!, chug a little water, swoosh it around and eat it clumpy… it’s damn good…

2-3 scoops Low Carb Grow! 40-60g prot
1/4cup Raisins (30g carb)
Cinnamin as Desired
1-2 packets of Oats (depends on your carb needs)25-50 carbs 2-4 g fiber
and tsp of psyllium husk ( gotta have your fiber hehe)- 5 g fiber

great P+C meal

what you get is a nice lil shake with some chewy raisins in it and let you feel like you actually ate something, rather than the real food cravings after 5 prot shake meals on work days hehe.

1 container cottage cheese (60 grams protein)

1 package of sugar free jello (4 serving size)

1-2 scoops vanilla Low-GROW

Key is to blend the cottage cheese by itself for about a minute. While that being done in another dish add just enough water to the jello mix to dislove it (do not use too much water). When Cottage cheese is smooth add the jello/water mix to the cottage cheese and blend. I love to use cherry jello for this. You can eat it right away or put it in the fridge so it go a bit harder. enjoy !

forgot to say add the vanilla Grow last…but i am sure you all can figure that out! Sorry!

vanilla Grow with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, and a banana for good measure. blend until smooth.

sweet nurishing Grow…

jaystyles

Tigerboo’s Special

2 scoops of vanilla Grow
3/4 cup of frozen strawberries ( about 6 or 7 whole strawberries
3/4 cup of frozen blueberries
1/2 cup of skim milk
1 cup of Orange Gatorade

This stuff is so good

3 scoops of choclate LC GROW
14.5 Oz whole milk
1.5 tbs organic REAL peanut butter
.5 cup diced almonds
2 tsp of flax oil.

its the shiznit

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Bars

My girlfriend was always on my case because I never let her bake me any goodies. Until . . .

1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter
1/4 Cup steel cut oatmeal
4 Egg whites
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the egg whites and uncooked oatmeal. Add the remaining ingredients.
Spray a nonstick cooking spray in an 8"x8" baking dish. Spread the mixture in an even layer, over the bottom of the dish. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edge starts to pull away from the sides of the dish.

Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into bars.

If you dont have a girlfriend, don’t panic . . . call your mom!

Note - I have also heard that you can dredge food in GROW! and then fry it in a small amount olive oil. I just have not figured out what to fry yet.

my favorite is 2 scoops chocolate Classic Grow with a cup of oatmeal and 2tbs of peanut butter mixed in.