Grow! Question

Does the new Grow! with micellar-casein have a thick consistencey like a shake? If it is watery like the old Grow! formula what can I put in it to make thick like a shake? Thanks in advance.

Reformulated Low-Carb Grow! still has a thin consistency. It is very similar in texture to the original Low-Carb Grow! (or “Advanced Protein,” for those of you that have been around for a while). Classic Grow! (w/ carbs), however, is rather thick. As far as I know, Classic Grow! does not yet contain micellar casein. TC hasn’t said anything about reformulating Classic, and I haven’t ordered it in a while, as I prefer the thinner consistency of the Low-Carb.

Anyhow, if you are looking to make your shake thicker, use very cold water, or allow the shake to sit in the fridge for a little while, post-mixing. Other than that, you could mix it with Hood brand reduced-carb milk or use half water/half pasteurized egg whites. The egg white trick is an easy way to bump the protein content and make the flavor of the shake considerably stronger.

Hope this helps.

~Terumo

I use a spoonful of dry JELL-O Brand Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding and a little ice. Depending upon the amount of water used, it can make a shake thick enough to eat with a spoon.

One thing I forgot:

You can also add Benefiber to increase the thickness of a shake (and obviously, to get a fiber boost). Benefiber consists of guar gum, which is a soluble fiber. Don’t use Metamucil or any psyllium-based fiber product unless you feel like masticating your shake. Not pleasant.

Terumo

Put in less water and put a handful of ice cubes in, this assume you are using a blender. This will make it thicker like a smoothie.

I’ve mixed my Grow! with vanilla pudding before it is incredibly good!

Word. I forgot about the pudding trick. Sugar-free Jello French Vanilla with vanilla Low-Carb Grow! is simply amazing on a carb-restricted diet.

Amazing.

Really… It is…

~Terumo