Grow! or Metabolic Drive?

I am interested in these 2 protiens Grow! and Metabolic Drive, but don’t really know which one to buy. I am on a budget. I was taking that GNC crap, I am ready to get something that gives results and not crap it all out…

no protein supplement really gives results, it just supplements your diet.

Metabolic Drive= any time shake b/c it’s slow digesting

Grow is faster digesting, usually better post-workout or when a quick influx of protein is needed

I LOVE Grow! Whey. Making recipes with it is great, and it’s “college budget” friendly, too.

It may not be a slow releasing protein mix like Metabolic Drive is, but I just add natural peanut butter or something if I want to slow down the absorption rate.

Stick with Grow! if you’re on a budget, and as suggested earlier you can add fats and fiber to slow down the absorption. Add powdered Gatorage to it and you have poor man’s Surge.

Yes, with a pure Whey protein you can`t be wrong.
More component protein is also an opinion and these protein products are also not very expensive.

Well, that answers my question, I will go with Grow!. What kind of stuff mixes well with it to make it a slow absorbtion if i need too?

[quote]stevemaynerich wrote:
Well, that answers my question, I will go with Grow!. What kind of stuff mixes well with it to make it a slow absorbtion if i need too?[/quote]

Natural peanut butter, olive oil, milled flax seeds, heavy cream, or make a shake in the blender with all of this along with some fruit. The possibilities are endless.

Yup I secound that Just toss in some natural Peanut Butter and/or Milled flax seed! I dont really like the taste of Olive oil in my shakes but that will work too! I also throw in an egg or two!

What about PWO? Whats the difference between Surge and Grow! ? Isn’t Surge better for a PWO shake?

[quote]BeforeIforget wrote:
Isn’t Surge better for a PWO shake?[/quote]

Yep.

[quote]BeforeIforget wrote:
What about PWO? Whats the difference between Surge and Grow! ? Isn’t Surge better for a PWO shake?[/quote]

That depends on whether or not you have fat to lose. Straight whey triggers an insulin response just like the carbs in Surge, only without the extra calories.

I don’t think it triggers the same magnitude of insulin, though…

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I don’t think it triggers the same magnitude of insulin, though…[/quote]

Exactly.

Nor does it replenish glycogen supplies.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
I don’t think it triggers the same magnitude of insulin, though…

Exactly.

Nor does it replenish glycogen supplies.[/quote]

Which may or may not be a bad thing depending on the individual.