GROW! Old vs. New

I was looking at the Nutrition Facts on both classic and low-carb Grow! The results were interesting, I thought.

Per 2 scoops, the classic Grow! has 200 calories, 2.5g fat, 27g protein, and 15g carbs.

Low Carb Grow!, on the other hand, has (per 2 scoops) 220 calories, 4g of fat, 40g protein, and 4g carbs.

So, two things: First off, how in hail did those magnificent bastards manage to shove in more protein, cut out all the carbs, and still manage to make this stuff taste good?

Secondly: Since they're brining back Classic Grow! do you think it likely that they improved the formula to at least equal the protein content of the low carb Grow!, if not exceed it? Would make sense. I dunno, just a thought, what do you guys think?

Chris, any idea?

What, no one wants to talk about Grow! ? Fine, I’ll go eat it all by myself. Party poopers.

Trev: Nutrient analysis isn’t a perfect science. Even two consecutive analyses of the same product can yield slightly different results. That said, the total calories and quantities of fat in both versions of Grow are basically the same, and the low-carb version roughly replaces each gram of carbs with a gram of protein. There’s really no voodoo involved.

hehe lemme try to explain what the above poster is trying to convey… since there aina no carbs in it there be more protein in it. Scoop is 20 grams, less carbs in em so room for more protein.

And… since a gram of protein and a gram of carbohydrates both contain aproximately 4 calories that would mean if you take out the same amount of carbs as the same amount of protein you add, you will negate any or very little change in the calorie content.