T Nation

Grow! + Metabolic Drive?

I’m trying to lose fat right now. According to one of the articles I read here, I should be consuming about 2400cal a day. I weigh 200lbs and I work out 3-4 times a week with Muay Thai/Boxing training, running, and also weights.

I’m thinking of using Grow! and Metabolic Drive together. Maybe mixing 50/50 in the morning and at night before bed. Is this a good idea for my purposes? I don’t want to gain mass/weight as I need to drop down in weight class for Muay Thai.
I’m also taking HOT-ROX right now.
Thanks for your help.

Id use the Metabolic Drive ALONE pre bed and anytime during the day you will be waiting a longer period of time and need a GOOD sustained protein source. Then the Grow! during the day when you can have it with something else like real food but still need a boost in protein.

When would I need a sustained protein source during the day? When I don’t have time for real food during the day? What kind of difference does slow protein absorbtion from Metabolic Drive as compared with quicker absorption from Grow!? Does quicker absorption mean it is less effective?

Thanks.

[quote]jdub1107 wrote:
When would I need a sustained protein source during the day? [/quote]
When you go for hours without food.

[quote]
When I don’t have time for real food during the day?[/quote]Yup

Easiest thing for you to do is read the product threads and note the difference in casien and whey.

[quote]
Does quicker absorption mean it is less effective?[/quote]
No it means its digested faster. Doesnt stick around as long.

Hope that helps, might also search and read the “Protein Roundtables”

Phill

Thanks Phill.
I think I’ll probably buy both and try it out.
Also, I’m reading the Carb Cycling Codex and it says to take Surge after workout. But since I’m not going to take Surge, should I still take Metabolic Drive after a workout or wait until a little before bed?
Thanks again!

[quote]jdub1107 wrote:
Thanks Phill.
I think I’ll probably buy both and try it out.
Also, I’m reading the Carb Cycling Codex and it says to take Surge after workout. But since I’m not going to take Surge, should I still take Metabolic Drive after a workout or wait until a little before bed?
Thanks again![/quote]

Which Grow! product are you going to be using? Classic Grow or Grow Premium Quality Whey?

Grow! Premium Quality Whey.

I may be way off here, but is the only difference between Classic Grow! and Grow! Premium Whey is that Classic Grow! has more carbs and also contains casein? It if is, I get plenty of carbs from my whole wheat bread in the morning, and I can get casein by mixing in Metabolic Drive - right?
Thanks.