Grow!, Metabolic Drive, & Others

I have a simple question, what makes Grow! or Metabolic Drive a better choice for whey than what I am currently useing? I’m currently using ON Premium Whey, it has 4gs more protein per serving than Grow! and just about the same calories and carbs. .

Also, how is Metabolic Drive better than Grow!? I’m still new to this and have read/researched here but I don’t fully understand. I just ordered myself some HOT-ROX Extreme and some Metabolic Drive Cookie Dough bars, can’t wait to try them.

Semper Fi,Brentt

Well first off, how many grams are the servings. You need to measure gram for gram if you want a fair comparison; otherwise it appears that some proteins have more per serving when in reality they are == per gram.

Secondly, Metabolic Drive is a Low-Carb Protein shake, whereas, Grow! is a MRP…Therefore, you choose which best suits your needs.

Finally, Biotest == quality in my eyes, but I cycle my proteins. So when I run out of one, I try another, then another, etc?So, sometimes it comes down to taste, price, and availability.

To add to the above I will just say the biggest difference in what you are using and the Grow! and Metabolic Drive is the Proteins. These are a blend of Whey, Casien, and milk proteins of HIGH quality giving a sustained release.

Then theres the taste not the biggest factor IMO but along with the quality it simply cant be beat.

Well, I just saw they now have Metabolic Drive Complete, I will be trying that when I use up the rest of my current protein (ON 100% Whey).

Hi wantabs, Here is a woman’s point of view. For me, it is all about the taste, no matter how good something is nutritionally …if it tastes like CRAP, I won’t use it for long. This being the case with Optimum Nutrition Whey. It tastes like chalk to me, but I did use mine up although it was not much fun. I know, I know you guys will put up with alot more, than some of us gals…but if it tastes better, is better quality and less expensive…SOLD!
Need I say more?
Lynne

Thanks for the info guys, I just figured that you all hung out here and were biased to the Biotest products, you know what I mean? I also like to try different protein powders and MRP’s.

I want to know, should I expect more from Biotest protein powders and MRPS than what I can buy at the local health food shop? Not just in quality of the product, but in my performance in the gym, gaining muscle and loosing body fat?

Like anyone else I want to buy the best quality product for least amount of money that I can, if I’m wasting money on this other crap I wanna know!

Semper Fi,Brent

This is a question I was pondering quite a bit there. It seems to me the whey has more uses than the others. If you look at the nutrition tip of the day 2 days ago it stated a fast absorbing protein when you first wake up could be as important as a pwo shake.

So in the morning when you wake up whey is great. If you can’t afford a pwo shake mix the whey with grapejuice and you have decent pwo nutrition. When you go to bed however Grow! and Metabolic Drive are second to none for the slow absorbing proteins.

If you can’t afford Surge or to combine the Casein and whey, the whey would be a much better all around powder.

I think you can trust Biotest more than any other company. I heard the % of protein in the ON sucks and I’m sure the % would be alot better in Biotests whey.

I’m not a protein expert and I could be wrong on some stuff I said but the % in the concentrate of ON blows. That I’m sure of.

I am biased, but I try/use other proteins and then cycle back to Biotest, because they are high quality, taste great, and reasonably priced.

And it depends on where you shop. There is a lot of crap out there. The bottom line, you need a quick fix of protein, go to the local store, otherwise order online no matter what brand it is. Otherwise you are paying for the retail mark up.

As far as performance and the like, I really can’t say, because I make sure I get a significant amount of protein from whole foods as well. But, I love my Surge, IMHO there is nothing else like it, and I looked…So, if you train hard you need to get your Surge on.

[quote]WantAbs wrote:
Thanks for the info guys, I just figured that you all hung out here and were biased to the Biotest products, you know what I mean? I also like to try different protein powders and MRP’s.

I want to know, should I expect more from Biotest protein powders and MRPS than what I can buy at the local health food shop? Not just in quality of the product, but in my performance in the gym, gaining muscle and loosing body fat?

Like anyone else I want to buy the best quality product for least amount of money that I can, if I’m wasting money on this other crap I wanna know!

Semper Fi,Brent[/quote]

[quote]xjayx300 wrote:
I am biased, but I try/use other proteins and then cycle back to Biotest, because they are high quality, taste great, and reasonably priced.

And it depends on where you shop. There is a lot of crap out there. The bottom line, you need a quick fix of protein, go to the local store, otherwise order online no matter what brand it is. Otherwise you are paying for the retail mark up.

As far as performance and the like, I really can’t say, because I make sure I get a significant amount of protein from whole foods as well. But, I love my Surge, IMHO there is nothing else like it, and I looked…So, if you train hard you need to get your Surge on.
[/quote]

Now if they only had Surge in stock I would have ordered some today with my HOT-ROX Extreme and Metabolic Drive Bars. I will try it once it’s in stock.

Ok, I got my shipment of HOT-ROX Extreme and my Metabolic Drive Cookie Dough bars, I have to say these products are by far the best quality supplements I have ever taken. I do have to say I’m hooked and Biotest/T-Nation will be providing all my supplements from here out, unless something is out of stock, like Grow! is right now. I can’t wait to try the powders and Surge. Thanks for all the information.

[quote]WantAbs wrote:
I have a simple question, what makes Grow! or Metabolic Drive a better choice for whey than what I am currently useing? I’m currently using ON Premium Whey, it has 4gs more protein per serving than Grow! and just about the same calories and carbs. .

Also, how is Metabolic Drive better than Grow!? I’m still new to this and have read/researched here but I don’t fully understand. I just ordered myself some HOT-ROX Extreme and some Metabolic Drive Cookie Dough bars, can’t wait to try them.

Semper Fi,Brentt[/quote]

Friend, you have no idea what you got yourself into by ordering those cookie dough bars.