Grow! Bars & The Velocity Diet

If I’m going on the velocity diet, could the Grow! bars be replaced for 2 meals out of the day? I’m going to be in school and bringing two bars and a bottle of water would be alot easier than bringing two shakers, the powder and water to mix it with.

Can one bar replace a shake during the day as a meal?

I’m eating 5 per week and not having issues per se. I’m happy with my results so far appr 8 lbs gone (tomorrow is scale day so this is an educated guess)

Grow! Bars are great… however you might try just pre-mixing the shake.

If not, try to keep the bars para workout or earlier in the day to keep your losses.

I believe Shugs said the bars would be fine for the Velocity Vixen and 1-meal-per-day Version. They sport a heavy amount of protein with 4g of fiber… so they should be perfectly safe.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
If I’m going on the velocity diet, could the Grow! bars be replaced for 2 meals out of the day? I’m going to be in school and bringing two bars and a bottle of water would be alot easier than bringing two shakers, the powder and water to mix it with.

Can one bar replace a shake during the day as a meal?[/quote]

While a Grow! bar a day on a modified V-Diet is doable, the numbers don’t match exactly for what you’re wanting to do. A two scoop Low-Carb Grow! shake is 40 grams of protein. A bar is 22 grams of protein. Also check the calories and carbs in the store section and you’ll see that they’re different.

Basically, a bar a day can be added for convenience, but a bar does not replace a shake exactly when you look at the macronutrients.

OK I thought I would post this since it was my version of the V-Diet for later.

Macronutrients:
Grow! Bar–
Fat-4g
Carbs-22g
Protein-22g
Calories-220
Low-Carb Grow! (2 scoops)–
Fat-4g
Carbs-6g
Pro-40
Cal-220
Surge–
Fat-1.5
Carbs-49
Pro-25
Cal-350

Feeding Schedule
T/TH/Sun Non-Training Days
1 Grow! Bar
5 Grow! Shakes
Daily Nutrient Intake
Fat-26g
Carbs-52
Pro-222
Cal-1320
M/W/F/S Training Days
1 Grow! Bar
1 Surge
5 Grow! Shakes
Daily Nutrient Intake
Fat-27.5
Carbs-101
Pro-247
Cal-1670

Hopefully that will give you an idea if you use the V-Diet with a Grow! Bar and Surge