T Nation

Grouppe Kurosawa: Muscle Atrophy

Anyone heard of this GROUPPE KUROSAWA

http://grouppekurosawa.com/blog/2005_11_19_

Free fatty acids released from fat cells in obesity are not harmless. They damage the pancreatic beta cells and prevent proper insulin release, and they block the activity of hypothalamic growth hormone releasing factors in their ability to stimulate growth hormone release.

The anti-aging medical community, which is a pseudo scientific group of doctors who are only interested in making money, are passing out bogus information to their clients.

A “natural” reduction of growth hormone release as we age is NOT the cause of obesity, poor muscle development, lack of sexual libido, and decreased life span. They have everything backwards.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/queryd.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=11134132

The first link is incomplete and I do not agree with your conclusions.

What is your point and supporting argument?

[quote]KSman wrote:
What is your point and supporting argument?
[/quote]
sry … must have copied and pasted the wrong portion.

Anyway this doc (a professional medical student - what I can tell from all those degrees from Berkeley and elsewhere) has some contrarian views on lots of things.

The thing is the site offers a paid consultation option to have your protocols critiqued and questions clarified - questions that need more medical know-how than broknowledge.

Not to be jerking anyone here. but how many here knew this explanation for why cortisol’s bad for your fat stores?
(More importantly how many would sit down to write a lengthy piece for free.)

**** You need to block the activity of an enzyme called 11-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1. This enzyme converts inactive cortisone to active cortisol. Excess cortisol in the body, due to stress or excess 11-B HSD1 activity, promotes the development of fat stores in the body. ****

so did anyone try this or a similar paid service by professionals in the medical community.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Well I’ve known that cortisol causes central obesity, for about two years now.

You only have to look at people with cushings disease (caused by over-secretion of ACTH (adrenocortictrophic hormone) from the pituitary, or over-secretion of adrenalin from a tumor of the chromafin cells - a phaeochromocytoma - of the adrenal glands). They exhibit central obesity and muscle wasting.

People suffering from chronic stress (a chronic over-production of cortisol and adrenalin) also seem to put fat on their abdomen, as do people with cushings syndrome which is just like cushings disease but caused by over-administration of corticosteroids.

Bushy[/quote]

You remind me more and more of Gregory House each day. lol

C1ipse

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]dintymoored wrote:
Not to be jerking anyone here. but how many here knew this explanation for why cortisol’s bad for your fat stores?
[/quote]
(More importantly how many would sit down to write a lengthy piece for free.)

[quote]
**** [/quote]
bushido,
Say I’ve done my reading on Serostim or Nutropin Depot or Jin or what have you and still have a nagging question on some specifics.

Reading up more stuff is not really going to add much.

What you need is a solid, unwavering, non-sugar-coated, action-oriented answer from a professional.

Coz
When shit hits the fan, you either

1. Take Serostim or
  2. Take Nutropin or
  3. Take Jin

Coz the cost of doing nothing is stellar (as pricey some of the cycles may be). The pressure to jump one way or the other is immense.

{Do I sound like the Brazilian doc who harvests organs in ‘Turistas’? hehe)

Anway the problem with folks offering some bonafide advice on issues is that it usually runs out after a couple of back-and-forths unless

1. The issue at hand interests the answerer or
  2. The answering party seizes the opportunity to exhibit his prowess on every unrelated subject to a glib audience.

yep. people need to be compensated for doling out professional, bonafide and medically prevailing advice.
Most people dont mind paying a fiver or two for sound advice.
I was speaking on those lines when I mentioned Grouppe Kurosawa. But they do blogs and sell access for like $35 a month on a whole host of issues (all of which may not pique the reader’s interest).