T Nation

Group Combat Sport: Calcio Storico

This is pretty much the coolest combat sport I've ever seen. I have no idea how it's played. It really doesn't make any sense at all but wow! there is a lot of ass kicking going on.

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Ok, so a friend of mine who speaks Italian said this after watching it:

"The players have 50 minutes 27 players per team … The ball is thrown at the center line and each team has to do whatever it takes to get the ball into the opponents goal … 1 point each goal … There are 4 goalies. From this moment on, the players try (by any means necessary) to get the ball into the opponents goal. The teams change sides with every point scored.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

"The players have 50 minutes 27 players per team … The ball is thrown at the center line and each team has to do whatever it takes to get the ball into the opponents goal … 1 point each goal … There are 4 goalies. From this moment on, the players try (by any means necessary) to get the ball into the opponents goal. The teams change sides with every point scored.[/quote]

That sounds absolutely brutal. They certainly took “by whatever means necessary” to heart lol. It looks like they show zero sportsmanship whatsoever because the sport you just explained is called rugby but this… this is something else entirely.

[quote]Loftearmen wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

"The players have 50 minutes 27 players per team … The ball is thrown at the center line and each team has to do whatever it takes to get the ball into the opponents goal … 1 point each goal … There are 4 goalies. From this moment on, the players try (by any means necessary) to get the ball into the opponents goal. The teams change sides with every point scored.[/quote]

That sounds absolutely brutal. They certainly took “by whatever means necessary” to heart lol. It looks like they show zero sportsmanship whatsoever because the sport you just explained is called rugby but this… this is something else entirely.[/quote]

I love it.

But it needs tigers.

At least one.

Maybe two.

Definitely two.