Ground Beef as Main Protein Source: Bad?

I only smoke the oil pen. Doesn’t hurt my lungs, no smell, inexpensive. Edibles are great but i do mine late at night and if I ate an edible I’d wake up still high, haha.

I like to cite coffee. Coffee has run the gamut from causing cancer to curing cancer, seriously. Due to bullheadness or smarts, take your pick, I am proud to say that my coffee consumption has been pretty steady the entire time.

However, I’m pretty, pretty sure that with the proliferation of coffee all over the place as a high margin business, the causing cancer aspect will not be making a return anytime soon.

1 Like

Living longer increases your risk of developing cancer.

4 Likes

Not if you follow the food pyramid religiously.

I hear it’s a plate now.

I would avoid these if you can. Big scandal in California, where they are sending the pesticides “carts” to the east coast, and elsewhere.

People were getting really sick. Its the wild west out here though.

1 Like

I’d be more worried about the chromium in the canthal coils.

1 Like

I don’t use “vape pens” for that, and other reasons, like the glycols used.

When I see people using the CBD vape, I always get a little laugh.

There are also many factors for past generations living longer, in addition to eating red meat:

1. Lack of processed foods and weird foods. Grandparents never ate “strawberry-flavored whey protein”, they had whole milk and a handful of strawberries. They didn’t eat nacho-flavored cheez-its, take lots of odd supplements, etc… They ate unprocessed meat, whole milk, real fruits and vegetables.
  2. They didn’t obsess over everything. For example, they didn’t start threads wondering “Is ground beef bad for me?”. Also, they didn’t obsess over one of their clavicles being longer than the other, if volume or progressive overload was the main factor of muscle growth.
  3. They didn’t stare at electronics all day. They walked around outside and interacted with real people.
4 Likes

Interesting. I’m kind of doing the opposite these days, and have been a bit old school in going back to smoking. I feel like edibles are unpredictable and take sooo long to kick in. Ever try cannabis-infused drinks? I prefer these over edibles as they are faster acting, and replace the need for “having a drink”.

I wonder this too, but also as someone who likes things in a more unprocessed form, I think smoking (or vaping) the actual flower has to be better. Vape pens are certainly more convenient and less stinky, but just can’t measure up to real flower.

1 Like

Major world conflicts had something of a Darwin effect as well.

1 Like

They also didnt have near the calorie consumption we have today hence why diabetes, heart disease, and obesity are at their highest levels ever. The average Joe in America could probably benefit from starving for a day or two a week.

1 Like

“American women aged 20 years and above weigh an average of 170.6 pounds (lbs), according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Height-wise, the average adult female is 5 feet 3.7 inches, and her waist measures 38.2 inches.”

“The average American man 20 years old and up weighs 197.9 pounds . The average waist circumference is 40.2 inches, and the average height is just over 5 feet 9 inches (about 69.1 inches) tall.”

Yea, I know the statistics. I’m a pharmacist in Louisiana where diabetes and hypertension is rampant. You know how hard it is to make my patients understand this stuff when I’m trying to help them live better quality lives? It’s downright frustrating talking to many of these people.

1 Like

There is a certain sinking feeling when you discover you trained your whole life just to be the average height and weight…

4 Likes

If you cut out the HGH, you wouldn’t be saddled with that blocky 40 inch waist.

1 Like

I’ll leave this salient paragraph here, since it’s obvious no one will read what I linked:

In a 2013 analysispublished in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Ioannidis and a colleague selected 50 common ingredients at random from a cookbook and looked for studies evaluating each food’s association to cancer risk. It turned out that studies had found a link between 80 percent of the ingredients — including salt, eggs, butter, lemon, bread and carrots — and cancer. Some of those studies pointed to an increased risk of cancer, others suggested a decreased risk, but the size of the reported effects were “implausibly large,” Ioannidis said, while the evidence was weak.

1 Like

The biggest factor being that they didn’t lol They’re expecting people to die earlier as we are all becoming fatter as less active but that will still probably be much longer than most past generations.

If they were healthy you would have less customers.