Ground Beef as Main Protein Source: Bad?

For taste and simplicity im having ground beef as my main protein source for lunch and dinner on a daily basis… is this much beef bad for health? Everyone keeps saying that so im kinda worried! Hate chicken breasts and thighs are too hard to measure on a scale because of bone… egg whites sucks and have to eat too many to reach a 200gr equivalent of beef… help

1 Like

Bad for health based off what markers?

2 Likes

You can get boneless, skinless chicken thighs FYI

1 Like

It’s hard to filter all the bullshit and scare tactic crap that’s out there. Personally I eat over 2kg of mince beef each week, along with some chicken, pork and other flesh.
I think the whole ‘meat is bad’ bandwagon is for the typical couch and beer junkie population that eats fuck all vegies, sucks a heap of piss multiple nights a week and calls walking to their car adequate exercise each day.

6 Likes

Apart from not being so great for the cow, it’s fine.

4 Likes

Meat grinders are dirt cheap off amazon. Ground beef is great if you do the grinding.
Look for the sales at the grocery store. Also look into chicken breast. They are dirt cheap and have a ton of protein.

DSC01625

1 Like

Also offal. People often overlook it, bit you can mix in stuff like liver, kidneys and giblets into your meat. Plenty of protein and liver especial has a ton of vitamins and minerals.

4 Likes

People who eat more red meat tend to get ailments that kill them more than those who eat less red meat. Now it isn’t that simple because the red meat eaters are also more likely to be doing a bunch of other things that also result in death.

Live a healthy lifestyle, eat plenty of fibre, keep away from highly processed meat and you can have meat. If you are really concerned, limit it to 3x per week.

2 Likes

Do you have kidney problems? if not, eat as much beef as you want (within a reasonable caloric intake and overall diet free of processed crap).

Sorry to chime in but I’d like to see scientific paper on your claims about red meat killing more people. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Red meat eaters drink more, smoke more etc.

Didn’t realise I was posting to an academic journal but regardless:

and countless others.

1 Like

Hogwash

The oldest people i know ate red meat all there lives

5 Likes

Yep, my grandpa who lived till 100, basically lived on meat (lamb and beef) and veg, with muesli for brekky, and my grandma who cooked it all made it to 93. He was the fittest bloke I’ve known with more testicular fortitude than some 20 year Olds.

2 Likes

My mom never lets beef in the house. She’ll bring home fast food and allow that. I’m like “mom if I cook it it’ll be healthier”. My mom said no cause beef is unhealthy. I’ve tried many times to convince my mom with my siblings but we all failed in the end. I even asked her if we were vegan/hindu as a joke.

1 Like

Ground turkey isn’t a bad alternative. Less tasty tho

1 Like

That’s what we always eat. Always wanted to try home cooked beef. :frowning:

Eat meat, eat vegetables, eat fruit, don’t eat processed garbage, lift weights, stretch, go for a run, play a sport, laugh a lot, don’t stress, don’t smoke, enjoy time with family and friends.

Do those things and health will be as good as it can be!

If you are really worried limit red meat to 2x a week and add more fish into your diet. Eat more veggies!

2 Likes

Don’t get offended cuz I don’t believe simple claims, books or posts before doing my own research. Thats the way I roll. Regardless thank you, will look into them. And basically the studies you provided are regarding processed red meats to which I agree. Else theres nada just anecdotical evidence that red meats are linked to mortality.

1 Like

lol ok, but that doesn’t mean red meat is harmful, and we’re talking about unprocessed read meat.