Gross Injuries You've Had or Seen

[quote]samky wrote:
Lets see…
Franco’s leg injury in the world strongman contest still makes me queezy.
I managed to turn my foot around completely backwards while running an obstacle course and slipping on wet grass. lots of shredded ligaments and bone(s).

Saw a guy who had comitted suicide by sitting on the edge of his bed and taking a 12 ga. shotgun, placing it in his mouth and pulling the trigger,

He fell towards the doorway and the open skull and brains were everywhere. His ball cap with its split bill, had flipped up and was on a celing fan blade, that was slowly turnung.
Watched a guy (2 feet away) with a .38 revolver at his temple, squeeze the trigger, shooting himself through his head. He spun, fell face first to the flooe and bled out.
Lots more stories…[/quote]

Jesus man! Are you in a line of work that puts you in these situations(police) or are you just that lucky.

I retired July 1, 2005 from my cities police department after 21 years.
Now I can be Mr. Nobody, lol.
You wouldn’t believe some of the things I’ve seen such as injuries/wrecks; trains v pedestrains,suicides, murders vehicle wrecks etc.
But, it was a hell of a career…

[quote]animal4life wrote:
I just wanted to know, what are some of the most aweful injuries you guys have seen in the gym or anywhere? On TV, heard about, or experianced.

My worst injury was a torn ACL playing hockey.

At the gym im seen a dude rip his quad off the tendon and it rolled up his leg.

The worst injury i saw on TV was the sid vicious leg break in WCW, and the Joe Namith leg break.

The worst one i saw on the internet was a pic of a dude doing a squat, and he ripped his pants and his bowels came out through his ass. true story. If u guys can find the pic, post it. its gross.[/quote]

It was Joe Theismann. And while that was nasty, the Napoleon McCallum leg break, knee dislocation, artery sever was worse (also on MNF, but I believe a pre-season game) circa 1994? Totally disgusting as Ken Norton Jr was on top of his lower leg, but under his upper body. They held up McCallum’s upper body, while a guy slid Norton off of his lower leg. Apparently, he was very close to getting the leg amputated at the knee.

Dave Dravecky’s arm break was nasty too. His did get amputated.

DB

When I was a kid, I threw a “Jart”, or “lawn dart” and it stuck in my friend’s calf. He panicked (understandably) and ran around the yard with it stuck in him. We got a hold of him finally and pulled it out. It was in about 3 ". Tough sport, lawn darts.

I personally think I’ve been damn lucky not to have had some hellish injuries. I’ve had stitches twice, set myself on fire once in highschool, and have had 5 or 6 broken fingers and God knows how many broken toes and assorted cuts.

As for the worst I’ve seen o other folks…well…

as a firefighter, I’ve seen some seriously destroyed people in car crashes. We had a double head on last summer, and the driver of the car I was working on survived, ending up with both ankles, knees, and femurs, all broken, along with multiple pelvic fractures. One ankle was compounded. Other driver was equally thrashed.

The worst may be when you have a collision between an 18 wheeler and a car. I’ve seen it where the body is intact, no visible trauma, but when you go to move them they’re like a bag of jelly, massive amounts of internal fractures.

We also had one memorable one where a guy rearended a parked log truck. the logs came through his windshield and literally decapitated him. Head was in multiple parts around the car.

[quote]magyar wrote:
When I was a kid, I threw a “Jart”, or “lawn dart” and it stuck in my friend’s calf. He panicked (understandably) and ran around the yard with it stuck in him. We got a hold of him finally and pulled it out. It was in about 3 ". Tough sport, lawn darts.[/quote]

I remember Jarts. You could kill someone with one of those things.

gotta love the toys of yesterday.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:
I drank drano once(some dumb ass put it in a wiskey bottle), and barfed my esophagus into the toilet. Also did some serious upper respiratory damage. One week in the I.C.U., another in regular care. Couldn’t eat for 2 weeks in hospital, got back on solid food in about 3, but it took 6 months for my taste buds to return.

Gross enough for ya?

One guy that witnessed it still turns white as a ghost when he sees me- 13 years later.

Did you beat the fuck out of him for almost killing you?

[/quote]

No silly, you get in trouble for stuff like that. I just told everybody that they get a free 1/8 o.z. for whatever they deemed fit. That dude had a hard time for a long time.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
I drank drano once(some dumb ass put it in a wiskey bottle), and barfed my esophagus into the toilet. Also did some serious upper respiratory damage. One week in the I.C.U., another in regular care. Couldn’t eat for 2 weeks in hospital, got back on solid food in about 3, but it took 6 months for my taste buds to return.

Gross enough for ya?

One guy that witnessed it still turns white as a ghost when he sees me- 13 years later.
[/quote]

Ouch.

Probably the grossest I’ve seen (I don’t know where the clip is, but it’s somewhere) of a Muay Thai fight, where the guy kicked another dude, broke his lower leg in half, and them fell down on it. You couldn’t see the bone pop out, so it just looked like his shin turned to rubber.

i got in a bad car wreck about three years ago. i got thrown out the rear window. when i woke up, i looked at my arm, bones were thru there skin everywhere from my elbow to my wrist, there was blood pourin out from it. it was bad… i also broke my back but couldnt quite see that one. when i was trying to walk to get help, id keep falling right on the already shattered arm, ahhh god its achin talkin about it. but yea that was some gnarly shit there :S

Umm…lets see if I can remember:
-Broke my right ankle playing basketball
-Smashed my nose playing rugby (one of my coaches was a ex-pro boxer who had broken his nose 17 times and even he said mine was an ugly break!)

-Distally dislocated my left thumb (I tore the UC ligament and the entire thumb slid into my palm. Apparently very rare and wicked ugly).
-Ruptured the deltoid ligament in my left ankle, twisted the tip off my fibula and tore three other ligaments in the that ankle (caught my foot in astroturf). I’m several surgeries and almost 3 years out from that injury and I still can’t run correctly.

-Lastly I’ve broken my hands and fingers playing various sports and working as a bouncer.

My biggest regret is that I don’t have pictures of my major injuries. They were awesomely disgusting.

C

This was more gross than serious. I had an umbilical hernia. One morning I woke up with blood on my stomach. I had been bleeding out my navel. It hurt a little for a couple weeks and healed without surgery. I didn’t even have to stop training. But it was scary.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Gross enough for ya?

[/quote]

Are u serious?!?!?
Im curious as to what happened to the guy who put the draino in your drink.Even more to the point , why did he put the draino in your bottle?

I was playing shortstop and a runner was trying to steal second. My catcher oevrthrew the bag too far into the baseline and with my arm extended I basically clotheslined the girl…she was fine, but the force dislocated my shoulder backwards and I was stuck laying on the ground with my arm in the opposite direction.

A few sugeries later I still almost puke when I see/hear the pop of a dislocation…

Oh, I did puke when I got hit by a car on my bike and dislocated my clavical too…

e

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
animal4life wrote:

The worst one i saw on the internet was a pic of a dude doing a squat, and he ripped his pants and his bowels came out through his ass. true story. If u guys can find the pic, post it. its gross.

Do you mean this?

Enjoy![/quote]

thats the one mike. thanks. looks like he blew out his O ring, lol. make me wanna make sure i can still take a dump after heavy training.

Lee Priest’s father training at the old Gladiators gym in Newcastle, Australia. Super heavy leg presses and left the safety pins out. Dropped the lot…result 2 snapped femur’s and 2 sets of broken tibia’s and fibula’s. Ouch!

[quote]animal4life wrote:
michael2507 wrote:
animal4life wrote:

The worst one i saw on the internet was a pic of a dude doing a squat, and he ripped his pants and his bowels came out through his ass. true story. If u guys can find the pic, post it. its gross.

Do you mean this?

Enjoy!

thats the one mike. thanks. looks like he blew out his O ring, lol. make me wanna make sure i can still take a dump after heavy training.
[/quote]

Now at least one man on the face of this earth knows something about how it feels to give birth.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
animal4life wrote:
michael2507 wrote:
animal4life wrote:

Do you mean this?

Enjoy!

Now at least one man on the face of this earth knows something about how it feels to give birth.
[/quote]

that has to be the most wrong, and possibly funniest thing i’ve ever read on here…

I didn’t see this, but this is pretty fucked up. My brother was a fireman/EMT in Mcallen Tx. The nearest “domesticated” city is Harlingen. To get to Harlingen you’ve got to take a turn on a very narrow, very sharp turn on ramp. A women was driving her astro van on the ramp and took it too fast. Her car toppled over. Her window was open and she wasn’t wearing her seatbelt.

As her car was falling on its side, she fell out her window. She got pinned between her car and the pavement. She was doing about 60 or so, so she was dragged on the pavement under the weight of her car for 20 -30 yards. My brother said when they got there it was the first time he had ever seen one of his coworkers unable to do their job. He said they had to roll her over in shifts, because her body was like a raw hamburger/pudding hybrid. I think that’s probably the grossest thing I’ve heard.

[quote]wesstangl wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

Gross enough for ya?

Are u serious?!?!?
Im curious as to what happened to the guy who put the draino in your drink.Even more to the point , why did he put the draino in your bottle?

[/quote]

Yes. Completely serious. A police investigation couldn’t prove malicious intent, just an exceptional degree of negligence- the negligence being placing a harmfull chemical in a mislabeled container. Found out later the reason was that the kid who was having the partys brother didn’t like us drinking there, and left a wiskey bottle full of drano on the bar as a booby trap of sorts. Definitely put an end to all partying.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
animal4life wrote:
michael2507 wrote:
animal4life wrote:

Do you mean this?

Enjoy!

[/quote]

So that’s why mom’s squat suit has a hole in it…