Groin Strain

I get a mild pain between my upper thigh and groin in the bottom position of a full squat. Its only in my left leg and I have had it for a few months now. I got it after one particularly gruelling squat session.

I have only been squatting for about a year in total, including time with with this injury.

Its stopping me from stepping up the weight as I feel like if I push it too much something is gonna break!

I dont get it on box squats to a higher depth but I still want to get the problem sorted if possible.

I only ever feel this pain at the bottom position of a full squat.

Any ideas?

a few months? go to the doctor…

Groin strains take a long time to heal. I strained mine nearly 6 months ago and it’s still not 100%. Granted, I most probably added to the recovery time by continuing with my squating routine which in itself was a poor decision.

So, the first plan of attack should be to rest the muscle. If it hurts, don’t do it. It might also help to use some ice to help alleviate some inflammation; freeze a small styrofoam cup of water, peel back some of the styrofoam, and massage the area for about 15 minutes. Try and do this 3-4 times a day. You can also use some mild heat (such as warm bath water) to releive some pain. Anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen help as well.

I don’t know what you do to warmup but you should incorporate some dynamic stretches into your routine before you hit the weights. I purchased the “Magnificient Mobility” DVD and it has really helped me in the weight room. I’m pretty certain my groin injury was related to the muscle not being properly warmed up before training.

a few weeks ago i started to feel the pain during a heavy deadlift when my form got a little sloppy, and after that i had problems with o-lifts and squats and such. i thought it was a hernia at first because of the placement of hte pain but turns out i had torn a ligament that connects to my hip. my advice is to go to the doctor and get it checked out. becuase of this injury i am scheduled for 6 weeks of physical therapy to get my hip back into working order as mine would hurt during a lot of things. so in short, GO TO THE DOCTOR! like the other poster said, it will take a long time to heal. since i started doin what my doctor told me to the pain has been getting less and less and im quite impressed with how i have been feeling lately. hope everything works out well for you.
Kasomak

Yes,
Go to the doctor as the others have suggested.
However, even if it happens to be a groin pull and nothing more…ut takes some time to come back from those injuries. Better to take it easy now and squat big another day!!