T Nation

Grocery List for 2

Ok so I am going shopping for groceries after work today. I wanted to see what you all get on a regular basis. What are your staple weekly groceries. Also if you include anything a little different, please be sure to add in how you use it. I mean if it’s for a specific meal or recipie or whatnot. I am going looking for chicken and red meat, Raw and frozen veggies, milk and eggs, and thats about it. I can’t think of anything else at the moment so thats why I need your help.

V

Hey mods, can you move this to either SAMA with the title, Caught my shopping list screwing the laundry list, or possibly GAL with the threadt title, Grocery list, I’m calling you out!

I think this is the only way to get any responses to this.

V

16oz olive oil
6lbs ground beef
2 bags of frozen chicken breats
2quarts cottage cheese
4x12oz PB, sodium free, natty
2lbs oat bran
4x16oz yogurt, greek styled, non fat
3dozen eggs
bananas
frozen berries
sour cream
shredded cheese
canned corn/beans
canned turkey chili
whole wheat tortillas
shredded cabbage
lettuce heads

and i am currently making myself a nice sized burrito

tortilla+sourcream+cheese+1lb ground beef+guacomole

/add avocados and nuts to the list. or also hot sauce, like tapitio of cholula(sp?)

Get some frozen blueberries and blackberries/raspberries to blend into your protein shake for added anti-oxidant protection. Those some frozen broccoli and Superfood bolster my fruit vegetable requirement because it’s been hard for me to eat enough vegetables fruits lately. Kinda weak I know but trying to think of something I can add to your list. Oh, get some cottage cheese for added protein intake (if you like it). Maybe some whole wheat or low fat tortillas. Tortillas are always good for quick slap together meals with different meats and such.

Hope that helps and if not the hell with you!

D

Here is mine – I vary it a lot – so I don’t get everything on this list every time. I have mine organized around how my grocery store is laid out.

Vegetables/Fruit
romain lettuce
spinach
brocali slaw
mushrooms (fresh or canned)
green vegies (celery, peas, green beans, brocoli, etc)
Green beans (canned or fresh)
blue berries
strawberries
apples
bananas
peaches

Meat
beef tenderloin
Ribeyes
Chicken (breasts and/or whole)
bacon sometimes
salmon
tuna
chicken sausage

Dairy/Cheese
milk
eggs
egg whites
cottage cheese
cheese slices (American and swiss)
string cheese
shredded cheese
parmasian cheese
greek yogurt

coffee (sweetener (choc), filters)
Crystal Light
nuts (pistachios, cashews, sunflower, pumpkin)
chili fixings (tomatoes, seasoning, beans, mushrooms)
meatloaf (beef, pork, lamb, chicken, or turkey)
tea bags
bottled tea
jerkey
peanut butter
Almond Butter
Sugar free jello
Franks
Catsup
Mustard
Butter
Broth (chicken and beef)

Frozen
Peas
Peas and carrots
Green beans
Broccoli
Spinach
Asparagus

Strawberries, blue berries, peaches

My main staples are

Tuna
Chicken Breast
Oatmeal
Eggs
Rice
Fruits
Milk

I saw the title and though you were preggers.

Cool thanks guy. Looks like people read (and respond) to the nutrition forum after all. From your guys suggestions I’ll be adding frozen berries, tortillas, greek yogurt and some assorted nuts to my list for this week. I got butt loads of condiments and shit from BJ’s I buy those in bulk so I don’t have to use my every week grocery trip to cover those types of things.

V

To be useful, I’m addicted to Diet Arizona Green Tea. The stuff that comes in those little tubes as it’s much cheaper than buying the bottled version. Ostensibly good for you as well as very tasty.