Gripper PR

I’m pumped, I no set closed the Ironmind #3 gripper! This gripper takes about 280lb of force to close. http://media.putfile.com/3-no-set-close

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
I’m pumped, I no set closed the Ironmind #3 gripper! This gripper takes about 280lb of force to close. http://media.putfile.com/3-no-set-close[/quote]

Cool! Congrads on that! I am working on the #3 myself. I’m about 1" from closing it. LOL!

I can’t view the file at work, but damn dude…good job.

Are you going to work up to the #4?

congrats!!!

i can’t even fully close the second one.

holy shit man that was badass. how do you train for that and how much do you weigh?

I just started working the trainer. Did you train gripping 3x a week? What gripper did you start at and how long did it take to get to the #3?

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
I’m pumped, I no set closed the Ironmind #3 gripper! This gripper takes about 280lb of force to close. http://media.putfile.com/3-no-set-close[/quote]

Nice. Even more impresssive with the no-set. Are you able to do it regularily enough to get certified. Would be nice to add to your Red Nail cert…

Nice work!

What I wanna know is, how jacked are your freakin forearms?

Awesome. Congratulations!

How much of a difference does the chalk make?

nice squeeze dude, and sound effects

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
holy shit man that was badass. how do you train for that and how much do you weigh?[/quote]

I’m 185lb. This is the first time in 8 months I’ve messed with grippers, my training has consisted entirely of block weights for the last few months.

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
hueyOT wrote:
holy shit man that was badass. how do you train for that and how much do you weigh?

I’m 185lb. This is the first time in 8 months I’ve messed with grippers, my training has consisted entirely of block weights for the last few months. [/quote]

bro that is ridiculous i’m 200 and i can’t fully close the 200. but then again i don’t do grip training. but i can do a partial deadlift with 635+ without straps! i’m a half-badass.

Holy shit, you TNS the #3 like nobody’s business. Of course, the red nail in your avatar speaks for itself.

What are some of your other grip PR’s?

Good job. I am working on getting certed. I have been able to close the #3 for some time but after they changed the rules I tried and tried to do the credit card set and could not do it.

So, I decided to start up again. I closed several different #3s. Easy, hard, wide handled. BB grand master. then I tried the Credit card set. It didn’t go. I have closed the BB elite in the past so, I know I got it in me. I also bent a 60D bright common. I went for a grade 5 but it didn’t budge. I thought my wrist was going to break. I also lifted a 40lb blob. Not a bad day.

It was even better for my buddy. He got the red for the first time.

PGH

Awesome work. I’m able to smash the HG250 no set, about an inch from the HG300. From what I’ve read though, the HG’s pound ratings can be pretty skewed so I don’t know what that translates into for the Iornminds.

[quote]themonthofjun wrote:
I just started working the trainer. Did you train gripping 3x a week? What gripper did you start at and how long did it take to get to the #3? [/quote]

I started with the #1 and #2, later on I got all the IM grippers. I train grip anywhere from 2-5x/week. Just be careful with grippers, they are fun to play with but can cause injury when overusing the heavy ones. While grippers are a good indicator of strength, they are not the best builders of strength. I you’re serious about developing brutal hand strength then concentrate on lifting block weights, sledgehammer levering (for wrists), and some form of reverse wrist curls (for the forearm extensors).

[quote]Brutus35 wrote:
I can’t view the file at work, but damn dude…good job.

Are you going to work up to the #4?[/quote]

I know how much time it takes to gain the strength required for a #4 close, it’s just unreal. I workout with two of the certified #4 closers, these guys are at the top of the grip game and have superhuman strength. I’m more interested in other grip feats like pulling the Blob and plate curling a 45lb oly plate.

Awesome… you’re badass. I can’t close my #2 yet.