Gripe

ok bro’s 'bout to head up to school and take my first test. man i had to pack 5 fucking meals b/c i live to far away to go home, and im just going to study for my 7:30 final after my 1:30 is done, so i got like a whole big cooler in my car full of goodies.

Man… so many cocky bastards on this forum. Sheesh.

HAHA! I’m done, I graduated! FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!

There, I feel better.

Three months until I move a thousand miles south to go to another school. At least I won’t have any more calculus, any more honors classes, and no more bullshit like having to memorize what each pin on a 24-pin serial cable does. God, I’m going to be pissed off forever at some of the stuff that I wasted my brain space on.

I was numb for most of the day after my last exam yesterday, although I did enjoy VP Cheney’s commencement speech. Now I have to go to two graduation parties at my in-laws’ houses, that eats.

It’s come to the point that I’ve been getting stomach cramps from all this stress. I agree with Drax 100%. Most professors don’t know what it’s like to be in the real world. In fact, I’ve taken time off school to be in the real world and it was a lot easier than what it was like for me in school. All I had to do on my part was clock in, work, clock out, workout, sleep, and pay bills. Oh yeah, and somewhere in between eat some chicken. That’s it!!! I wasn’t doing it for a grade. Then I went back to school, and oh how much did I miss the real world (lucky for me I only have a year left then I can call all the shots)! I remember when I was working in a software company (my major is computer science by the way), my boss told me that those who failed in the real world don’t know what the hell is going on, so that’s why they teach. I don’t know how true that statement is, but it sure felt good when he told me that.

My major is Computer Engineering. We rib them, really. We aren’t exactly throwing trash at them while they walk the campus. But the reality is that there are some majors that require a lot of studying and work, and business just isn’t one of them (at UMCP, at least). I’ve heard the same for many other undergraduate programs. Most of the business majors I know are either in or are rushing a frat, are getting laid every other night, and are constantly drunk. Hey, if they can get away with it, great… but I’m not going to pretend that they’re studying their asses off, here.

Congrats Redman. I wish I could say I’m graduating, but finals are starting up monday for me, and then I have two more years. I almost can’t wait to get started with the finals, just so there won’t be anymore studying, I’ve been doing quantum mechanics for the past 4 days non stop. Nephorm, how do you like college park (I assume that’s what you meant by UMCP)? I’m thinkin bout goin there for grad school, right now I’m at WVU. Being an engineer, I figure you’ve got some experience with the physics department, what are the professors there like? Good luck on the finals guys.

I’m glad to see this thread, given that I just finished my last set of law-school finals ever. Whoo hoo!

They’re a lot less stressful as a 3rd year than they were as a 1st year, but I’m just glad to be through with them. Now I just have to suffer through graduation, move to Boston, pass the Bar Exam and commence to gettin’ paid.

Oh, and I guess I’ll need to come up with a new handle too, as my current one is no longer appropriate. Out.

I am a accounting major and I have to study my ass off so I don’t know where you are coming with that. There are many majors in the business field: marketing, finance, accounting, etc… Maybe you are talking about regular busines administraiton majors or marketing majors. But I can tell you that accounting and finance is a bitch.

JasonL, are you at UMCP? If not, please keep in mind that I was talking about the program at this particular school. Perhaps it is “business administration,” but they just refer to it as business. I never cared enough to look into the matter. I don’t lump accounting and econ into the same category as business.

Mike, thanks. You’ll make it through. Hell, you’re probably half done!

3 LT, congratulations. A bit off topic, but are you still looking for some good historical fiction to read? I recall you making a comment some weeks ago and wondered if you got my reply.

No hard feelings. Just didn’t know what you meant.

I think my tone of my post just had something to do with me having 3 finals tommorrow. Man I hate finals.

I did see your suggestions on the books thread. Unfortunately, I got caught up in school stuff and didn’t follow up.

I'll have to call up the thread again so I can have some stuff to enjoy during the lull between graduation and the start of Bar review. Do you have any new finds?

Hey, 3L. If you’re into real historical fiction try any of Bernard Cornwell’s works. He is the man to read if you want to increase your testosterone levels. He starts every book with war. There is some romance, but it is clearly only included in order to give the characters another reason to go to war. He has obviously been to many of the battlefields and he is quite descriptive. A note of caution: Don’t read him late at night or you won’t sleep. I hope this helps. By the way, I encourage you to vote Republican. I’m tired of liberal Boston politicians.

woohoo, just finished my last final this morning. Now time to catch up on some sleep.

Pumpkin Pie, that’s actually the same guy that I’m reading right now. 3L-T, if you’re up for a little ass-kicking, pick up any of Bernard Cornwell’s books. From Napoleon to the Dark Ages, this guys covered them all. Every book starts with a battle, just to warm things up. There is usually a batle somewhere in the middle to keep things fresh, and always a climactic battle. In between is thrown a little sex. They are books for guys by guys, and spend much more time on cool stuff like siege engines and war equipment than they do on dresses and how the average this-or-that oppressed group lived. Historically accurate and filled with badass dudes. Or, for even better stuff but with only two HF books, check out Stephen Pressfield’s Gates of Fire (ancient Greece). An oldie but goodie if you like Napoleonic stuff are the Hornblower books by Forrester about an English captain and his adventures – a little stiff and much less raunchy than Cornwell, but lots of hardass moments and battles nonetheless. Are there any particular eras that interest you?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’ll be living right down the street from a big Borders in downtown Boston, so I’ll mosey on over there and check out their selection once I’m all finished with Hayek’s The Road to Serfdom.

As for eras/countries, I am definitely partial to the Greek city-state era (I forget if it’s Hellenic or Hellenistic that I most like – I think it’s the latter though) and early imperial Roman stuff (although Punic War stuff would also be great). I’m currently waiting for Colleen McCullough to finish up her Caesar series with October Horse – hopefully that will come out soon.

PumpkinPie, as to politics, I'm a liberal in the classic sense, not in the modern American parlance that has turned the word on its head, so I'll vote for the lesser of two evils and go with the Republican party in Mass. My fiancee is active in Republican politics up there, but they just sell themselves as Democrat-light, and I find most Northeastern Republicans like to spend my money just as much as the Democrats. At least there's some good talk radio up there (Howie someone-or-other is the guy I remember). Out.