Grip/Forearm Training

Just curious what you guys do for forearms/grip, or if you do any…for me, I am genetically blessed toward big forearms and I like training grip too. Helps with work.

Personally I do fat bar work, plate pinch work, and grippers for strength, and then stuff like fat grip hammer/reverse/zottman curls and wrist curls for size/to finish off my forearms and get a pump. I want to get more grippers, a rolling thunder, and a hub to develop more grip strength too, but that will come in time.

1 Like

Lucky you… Nothing worked for me, I have the same forearms of a skinny girl :weary:

1 Like

Thats too bad…but we all have shortcomings. My biceps are one of my shortcomings. They dont grow too easily and i dont personally like the natural shape of them.

I don’t lift heavy, got a 2.5 bw deadlift. But I used to be a climber and bouldering walls are a good way to obliterate grip and lats. At least for me. Also fun.

1 Like

Yeah bouldering is fun for sure. Some climbers have insane grip strength…have you checked out magnus mitbo? (probably spelled that wrong)

Yeah seen bits. I was fortunate enough to be around elite climbers when I was climbing regularly. I’ve seen some pretty intense training sessions. To a none climber I might have looked strong but I was a world away from them.

1 Like

I do pullups on a 3 inch diameter cross beam and I keep my hands at a 90 degree angle parallel to the floor which trains the shit out of my forearm flexors. Done this for years, weighted and just with bodyweight.

2 Likes

Wow, this looks very fun and terribly hard!

1 Like

Bucket of rice.

1 Like

X2

I climbed for most of my teenage years and it’s helped me massively with grip strength, especially campus boards and the like.

1 Like

Nice bro…i like doin fat bar pullups and even just hangs too. I guess i shouldve mentioned too that i rarely use straps on much of anything