T Nation

Grip 4orce vs Fatgripz?

Anybody know how they compare? In terms of use, I know the Grip4orce requires you to squeezee all the time, BTW how ‘soft’ are Fatgripz?

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Anybody know how they compare? In terms of use, I know the Grip4orce requires you to squeezee all the time, BTW how ‘soft’ are Fatgripz?[/quote]

Fatgripz are not soft at all, they’re a hard rubber. They will stay on without you squeezing it though

[quote]Lunarisx718 wrote:

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Anybody know how they compare? In terms of use, I know the Grip4orce requires you to squeezee all the time, BTW how ‘soft’ are Fatgripz?[/quote]

Fatgripz are not soft at all, they’re a hard rubber. They will stay on without you squeezing it though[/quote]

This is true, although I’ve found they work a lot better when I make an effort to squeeze as hard as I can while using them (as opposed to doing just enough to complete the movement).

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]Boffin wrote:

Fatgripz are not soft at all, they’re a hard rubber. They will stay on without you squeezing it though[/quote]

This is true, although I’ve found they work a lot better when I make an effort to squeeze as hard as I can while using them (as opposed to doing just enough to complete the movement).[/quote]

Fatgripz are dense, with literally no compression while gripping. I have been using them for a month now. The stay put on DBs and BBs, even when dropping the weight due to grip failure. Never tried Grip 4orce, but I am very happy with Fatgripz. There’s a ton of videos on youtube of different ways to use them. Bench presses and OH presses feel super stable, like you are pressing a log. Can’t do heavy pulls with them yet.

[quote]AdamDrew wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]Boffin wrote:

This is true, although I’ve found they work a lot better when I make an effort to squeeze as hard as I can while using them (as opposed to doing just enough to complete the movement).[/quote]

Fatgripz are dense, with literally no compression while gripping. I have been using them for a month now. The stay put on DBs and BBs, even when dropping the weight due to grip failure. Never tried Grip 4orce, but I am very happy with Fatgripz. There’s a ton of videos on youtube of different ways to use them. Bench presses and OH presses feel super stable, like you are pressing a log. Can’t do heavy pulls with them yet. [/quote]

Agreed on overall quality and stability. I meant as far as trashing the forearms with them - they grip the bar tightly enough that you don’t need to squeeze the hell out of them to complete the movement… once I started making the effort to grip as tightly as possible, I found they worked my forearms much more.

I’ve seen both. Go for Fat Gripz. MUCH better product IMO.

They are bigger and feel much more solid on the bar.

Tyler Grips, don’t have 'em, just came across 'em.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=183&pid=2454

Here’s another one.

Tyler grips appear tapered, dont like the idea of that!

Agreed. Tyler Grips are soft too which I dont like. I love my Fat Gripz :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input about the tyler grips.
When the time comes, i’ll be getting the fatties.

If Fatgripz were used on a wrist roller would they “slip” if you know what I mean?

grip4orce look good and easy to apply, fat gripz can be tricky to put on and are not the right size for 90% of the dumbells in my gym

I have fatgripz and I love them… grip4orce appears to have just come out doubt many people have much experience with them. It appears that it forces you have to squeeze tight with them or they will simply fall off the bb/db(the g4s). But i love my fatgripz… they feel great and work well.

I have both sets. I got me a pair of FatGripz about a year ago- yes they’re awesome to achieve more thickness on a bar, but Grip4orce give me an additional advantage. Can I also say that don’t judge till you try em? Anyway, it’s like the bar is pushing back at you - challenging you to keep squeezing. More work= more muscle recruitment. It’ s not so outrageous that you can’t hold the bar and suddenly your toes are smashed. You can focus all you want on squeezing the crap out of fatgripz, but G4orce has true resistance so it’s enough for me.

Thick bar training is going to get big, I’m just glad I didn’t buy expensive thick bars.

[quote]T.Wellington wrote:
I have both sets. I got me a pair of FatGripz about a year ago- yes they’re awesome to achieve more thickness on a bar, but Grip4orce give me an additional advantage. Can I also say that don’t judge till you try em? Anyway, it’s like the bar is pushing back at you - challenging you to keep squeezing. More work= more muscle recruitment. It’ s not so outrageous that you can’t hold the bar and suddenly your toes are smashed. You can focus all you want on squeezing the crap out of fatgripz, but G4orce has true resistance so it’s enough for me.

Thick bar training is going to get big, I’m just glad I didn’t buy expensive thick bars.[/quote]

No, nobody noticed it was your first post that you decided to plug the Grip 4orce. Keep your bullshit ads on youtube.

[quote]mpp wrote:

Thick bar training is going to get big, I’m just glad I didn’t buy expensive thick bars.[/quote]

No, nobody noticed it was your first post that you decided to plug the Grip 4orce. Keep your bullshit ads on youtube.[/quote]

:slight_smile: I think someone needs a hug. After I used grip4orce, I googled it. Genius, isn’t it? If you felt the difference, you’d be on a mission to set the record straight too.

[quote]mpp wrote:

No, nobody noticed it was your first post that you decided to plug the Grip 4orce. Keep your bullshit ads on youtube.[/quote]

:slight_smile: I think someone needs a hug. After I used grip4orce, I googled it. Genius, isn’t it? If you felt the difference, you’d be on a mission to set the record straight too.[/quote]

/facepalm… give it up

I think ‘versus’ may not be the word. I’ve tried them and the Fat Gripz create a thick bar training effect and the others are more spongy which is good for hand comfort (calluses n stuff) but not for the thick bar effect, I think this is why Tate and Poliquin endorse the Gripz… my 2cents

[quote]Total T wrote:
I think ‘versus’ may not be the word. I’ve tried them and the Fat Gripz create a thick bar training effect and the others are more spongy which is good for hand comfort (calluses n stuff) but not for the thick bar effect, I think this is why Tate and Poliquin endorse the Gripz… my 2cents [/quote]
EFS (Tate) sell Grip4orce & Fatgripz

Thanks everyone, I’m definitely thinking of getting the Fat Gripz in a week or two. I already use a cheapo substitute (not as large a diameter though) made from a PVC tube and a rubber hose (like a car radiator hose) that are slit down the side and fit quite well over each other.