Grindovermatter's Offseason Thread

Hey all, Well I just finished my 2nd show and am going to attempt to keep up some sort of thread with regular updates on here.

I stopped posting after my show because I got insanely busy with school (Training to become a paramedic currently). The last few weeks balancing school and the bodybuilding prep were brutal and I feel behind rather quickly. Im in a good routine now (but still incredibely busy) so to keep myself motivated im going to attempt to training updates here.

Future plans/goals

Have atleast a full year off season
Bring up both the thickness and width of my back and off course grow everywhere
Slowly but surely ramp up my metabolism to Timm McBride levels

Current training: 7 days weights a week! yes im busy but training every day keeps me sane, and ive shortened some of the sessions considerably!

so far so good. Ill post more about this later

Current Diet: Going to try a higher carb approach this offseason. Im currently reverse dieting and only a few lbs over stage weight, even a month post show. Ive been adding 5 grams of carbs to my diet every day since I stepped off stage. My goal is to get the 500-600 gram range maintaining sub 10 percent bodyfat!

ok back to books for now!Hope this interests people in some way!

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
Hope this interests people in some way!
[/quote]

Oh you know I’m along for the ride brother :slight_smile:

S

You look great in that pic, congrats.

Looking insane in that pic man :open_mouth:

Crazy veins in your arms…

Damn impressive man.

quick leg workout this morning

Lying hamcurls 6x10 (45 to 60 seconds rest)
Leg Press with 3 second descent (been a while since ive done these) 6ppsx10, 7ppsx10, 8ppsx10, 8 ppsx10
Smith squats- 2 plates a side 5x15 (90 seconds rest)
SMith lunges 4x12
Calves superset with doriflexion 4 sets

took just under an hour

in!

That stage picture in the OP is just nasty! excited to follow your offseason progress man

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
That stage picture in the OP is just nasty! excited to follow your offseason progress man[/quote]
Thanx, it’s shocking to me as well. I was really full for the stage, but it’d crazy because in a shirt it barely looks like I lift at all

Vanity shot from the other day. Still pretty ripped, however even though my weight is only a few lbs over stage weight, my waist filled in with adipose for sure.

Current Diet: Going to try a higher carb approach this offseason. Im currently reverse dieting and only a few lbs over stage weight, even a month post show. Ive been adding 5 grams of carbs to my diet every day since I stepped off stage. My goal is to get the 500-600 gram range maintaining sub 10 percent bodyfat!

[/quote]
Did Shelby advise you on how to proceed with your reverse diet? I was curious about your adding 5 g carbs daily rather than the weekly jumps most people seem to make. Do you feel that your metabolism is adapting well?

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[/quote]
Did Shelby advise you on how to proceed with your reverse diet? I was curious about your adding 5 g carbs daily rather than the weekly jumps most people seem to make. Do you feel that your metabolism is adapting well?
[/quote]
No I’m doing my own diet now. Yes my metabolism is adapting , or unadapting however you prefer to think of it. I’m gonna keep the 5 g a day going until I feel I’ve gained too much too fast

interested to see how your reverse diet approach works out!

just out of curiosity, how are you adding 5g/day lol? Counting like 25 kernels of rice?

[quote]SEMILE wrote:
interested to see how your reverse diet approach works out!

just out of curiosity, how are you adding 5g/day lol? Counting like 25 kernels of rice?[/quote]
Add everything I eat during the day with my fitness pal…at the end of the day I Just make sure to log 5 more grams carbs than the previous day. Imo it’s not always perfect, but it doesn’t have to be. The important part Is that you are making a consistent efforts to est more every day

Fantastic improvements grind. This is motivating my diet and training even more so that I can compete next year. What does your exact diet look like and how much are you weighing right now?

Hey all, Well I just finished my 2nd show and am going to attempt to keep up some sort of thread with regular updates on here.
[/quote]

I’m in!

Future plans/goals

Slowly but surely ramp up my metabolism to Timm McBride levels
[/quote]

Impossible…j/k.

Current training: 7 days weights a week! yes im busy but training every day keeps me sane, and ive shortened some of the sessions considerably!
[/quote]

I think this is fantastic. I’d much rather hit a short session than skip a day. Only exception is Sunday, I keep that day free for family/relaxation.

[/quote]

Definitely doable.

Vanity shot from the other day. Still pretty ripped, however even though my weight is only a few lbs over stage weight, my waist filled in with adipose for sure. [/quote]

If you’ve been careful with the reverse diet, I’d like to think that is mostly water and glycogen.

Yup, I’ll definitly follow this one :wink:

[quote]ParagonA wrote:
Yup, I’ll definitly follow this one ;-)[/quote]

Hate to derail,… but

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?! -lol So glad to see you back big man, it’s been a serious while. Hope all’s well, I know you’ve had some ‘stuff’ to deal with before.

(tried a PM, but they don’t usually work these days)

S

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
Fantastic improvements grind. This is motivating my diet and training even more so that I can compete next year. What does your exact diet look like and how much are you weighing right now?[/quote]
Im on a more “macro based” diet right now…and trying a higher carb. medium protien and medium fat approach this offseason

today we are 5 or 6 weeks post show day (cant remember lol) and the macros today will be 220 protein, 275 carb, 60-65 fat

this morning weigh in was 174.2

weigh ins this week were between 173.6- 174.6

contest weight was about 172

pretty much right after the show i was around 175.4 then the start of the reverse diet got me back down to 173.5-174.5 and ive been maintaing there while ramping up carb intake!

arms yeserday went something like this

triceps

Rope pushdown supersetted with rope extension-- 4 super sets, around 12 reps each movement
Seated dip machine- 4 work sets working up in weight 20 reps, 15 reps, 10 reps, 7 reps
incline ex bar extention 4x8-12

biceps
Meadows cross body curls 4x8 (30-45 seconds rest between sets)
seated dumbell curl 4x8 (5 second squeeze on middle of the eccentric) done one arm at a time
preacher curl supersetted with reverse curls- 4x10

took about 45 mins

Rear bicep shot from the show