GrindOverMatter is 7 weeks out

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
-Great V-taper
-Really good quad sweeps
-Conditioning will tighten, Shelby knows where you’re at
-Poses need a few tweeks here and there to maximize the effects of your physique

• Bend your arms a bit more when flexing during FDB and RDB shots.
  • Spike your calf and bend your knee slightly to flex your hamstring in the read poses
    *ALWAYS smile when practicing. It’s too easy to forget onstage if you’re not used to doing it while exerting maximum effort.

Best of luck!

S[/quote]
thanks so much stu! ill put those posing fixes into action immediately![/quote]

I always thought you were supposed to keep your chest up and shoulder sort of pulled back on the side chest and side tri too?

It’s nice to see more contest prep threads going up.

Good luck OP!

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
-Great V-taper
-Really good quad sweeps
-Conditioning will tighten, Shelby knows where you’re at
-Poses need a few tweeks here and there to maximize the effects of your physique

• Bend your arms a bit more when flexing during FDB and RDB shots.
  • Spike your calf and bend your knee slightly to flex your hamstring in the read poses
    *ALWAYS smile when practicing. It’s too easy to forget onstage if you’re not used to doing it while exerting maximum effort.

Best of luck!

S[/quote]
thanks so much stu! ill put those posing fixes into action immediately![/quote]

I always thought you were supposed to keep your chest up and shoulder sort of pulled back on the side chest and side tri too?

It’s nice to see more contest prep threads going up.

Good luck OP![/quote]
i beleive you are correct about the side poses…i really butchered that in my side tri shot, i think my side chest is ok though.

Stu, excellent observation about the elbow bend in the FDB, makes my biceps appear much larger!

Looking good!!

Front double biceps : Bend the knees a bit and have feet a bit wider, this will make your lower body look bigger and your legs look larger

Side triceps : you need to be standing straight, torso turned a bit and shoulder “rolled” back. Your hands arent placed coorrectly either. The palm of the “front arm” needs to be facing the sky and kind of be pulling on your other hand (ill post a pic)

Side chest : No gap between rear arm and torso! Chest needs to be puffed with air and you need to be straight! Front arm shouldnt have such a big gap between it and your torso either! Hand placement is wrong too! Need to have your wrist straight (in line with your forearm) Ill post a pic too

Side triceps

Notice the hand position

Side chest

Notice how there is not really any “big gap” of space

Logged in.

Check out Ken “Skip” Hill’s Longevity DVD posing chapter. The video is available online. Thoughts pointed it out to me and it was completely worth the watch.

[quote]zraw wrote:
Side chest

Notice how there is not really any “big gap” of space [/quote]

And also you can see ceds rear hand is over his.front arm, you have it backwards.

x2 on the quad sweep very good. Definitely work on that posing, it will come with time. Good luck!

Whoops nevermind you dont have your hand position reversed but it does look odd foe some reason.

thanks for the suggestions on posing everyone…ive learned a lot already, i have to take more pics on thrusday so ill work on those corrections and post back here

cardio got increased and carbs went down this week, so the last two days really hit me hard. guess i can post some training here as well too

today was chest

Flat Bench: pyramided up to a top set of
1x4
Incline dumbell- 4x6-10 ramping weight each set
then a back off set, 1x15
Hammer Strength incline
3x10 with 5-10 bottom partials at the end of each set
Incline BB bench- 2x10
Decline Smith Machine bench 1x25, 1x15, 1x8, 1x27
Pec Dec: 1x12
Dc Chest stretch
20 mins cardio

chest isnt known to be a great bodypart for me, never been a strong presser and always been very shoulder dominant. Id like to work on bringing my chest up after this show is over.

ok so 5 days sine my last set of pics puts me at 6 weeks and two days out…god i wish i hadnt started so fat…if i could start over i would of hired starnes at 20 weeks out.

ok so heres’ the new and improved side chest

ab and thigh

side tricep…still trying to fix this one, stu, madien, zraw give me more feedback on this one!

hands on hips mm…i seem to have problems flexing my quads on this one

Side tri

Front hand needs to be under the rear hand and kind of be pulling on it. Palm is facing the right way though

Side chest

1. have your front arm wrist in line with your forearm instead of like its about to break. Dont grab your wrist with rear hand. Grab the kind of soft thingy where your thumb attach to your hand. So pinky finger is gonna be about in the middle of your thumb and thumb is gonna be at start of wrist.

2. Dont shrug the rear shoulder, have your chest full of air but keep shoulder low (i have this problem too)

3. Close the gap between torso and rear arm

Much improved though

Side Tricep - I really don’t see anything glaringly wrong. Just make sure you are squeezing the back leg against your front hamstring. And keep the tricep pressed against your lat to creat the illusion of it being bigger.

Once you get the hang of the basics, you can squeeze your back pec. Once you get leaner it’s possible to have some real nice striations when you do that.

Hands on hip MM - if you are having trouble with the quads, I am guessing you are locking the legs. Try keeping a bend in the knees, then tightening the quads as you spread the floor.

Best of luck.

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:
Side Tricep - I really don’t see anything glaringly wrong. Just make sure you are squeezing the back leg against your front hamstring. And keep the tricep pressed against your lat to creat the illusion of it being bigger.

Once you get the hang of the basics, you can squeeze your back pec. Once you get leaner it’s possible to have some real nice striations when you do that.

Hands on hip MM - if you are having trouble with the quads, I am guessing you are locking the legs. Try keeping a bend in the knees, then tightening the quads as you spread the floor.

Best of luck.[/quote]
Thanx, id like to angle the side tricep so you can see more tricep thickness…the development on my right tricep is actually pretty decent i think. Appreciate the advice! wish i had started this prep leaner so i could of come in shredded to the bone like you did.

Today i trained arms, and it also happened to be the first zero carb day of the prep. Thought id feel like shit but so far i feel OK, little low on energy, but still had a great workout…I did an bicep/tricep workoutfrom John Meadows website…paid the 10 dollars to get acess to the mountain dog diet club and let me tell you it was worth every penny!!! anyone who likes meadows’ articles should go and check it out. even though today was zero carbs i still got a good pump going haha.

Try to stop worry about not starting out lean enough, live and learn. Just do your best to finish strong and you will know better for next show where you need to be.

You mentioned that Shelby Starnes was doing your diet, not sure if you should be mixing and matching in terms of getting information off of John Meadows. Nothing against Meadows of course, I just think that you should stick with one coach and do their diet/program diligently.

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:
Try to stop worry about not starting out lean enough, live and learn. Just do your best to finish strong and you will know better for next show where you need to be.

You mentioned that Shelby Starnes was doing your diet, not sure if you should be mixing and matching in terms of getting information off of John Meadows. Nothing against Meadows of course, I just think that you should stick with one coach and do their diet/program diligently.[/quote]

I think you misunderstood me, im following shelby’s diet 100 percent, havent missed one meal yet. I just get training ideas from the mountaindog website. I do all my own training. with that said i asked shelby if i was on pace to be shredded by the 10th and he said that things were going quite well, so i feel pretty confident now. More picture updates tomorrow.

Yeah just a misunderstanding, the text “mountain dog diet club” threw me off. Getting training info off of Meadows makes complete sense, guy is a beastu.

UPDATE PLZ