GrindOverMatter is 7 weeks out

…because i can’t let Zraw have all the fun on November 10th

a little background:

Height: 5 11.5
4 years training experience
Natural (drug free) bodybuilder
training style: Pretty much John Meadows style, but i usually do a big lift in the 4 to 6 rep range at the start of each work out (except for arm day)

Shelby Starnes has been doing my diet since 11 weeks out and ive been making good progress, I know im not hella ripped like zraw for 7 weeks out, but im getting there, i know itll be a race to the finish with my conditioning. Hiring Starnes was a great idea.

let me know your thoughts! and pointers on posing would be great as well. Please keep comments positive though (ive had ppl on this forum tell me i should quit lifting weights and find a new hobby! i dont need that negativity at 7 weeks out!!!) Ill post a few more shots soon

Awesome! looking forward to your prep!

Will wait for more pics to comment!

sub in

Sub In

I love these contest prep threads.

Good luck mate!

alright so more shots

I know my legs really have to lean up, they are still quite fat at the moment. Excuse the terrible facial expressions, im working on them haha.

Front double bicep

side tricep

side chest

back double bicep

back relax

thats it for now. critiques?

Legs look awesome! Good V taper too.

You’re almost as pale as I am. A nice tan will make you look a lil better.

Good luck! I will be following along :slight_smile:

Looking good. Quads are nice!
Definitely would be better with a little (or a lot) of tan!!

Good luck!!
Will be following.

_Mel

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
Legs look awesome! Good V taper too.[/quote]
thanks! i really just think my legs look good at that angle…in a lot of other pics ive taken, the quads look undersized…for some reason in the front double bicep they appear very large! assesing your physique gets complicated when you look drastically different from many different angles!

as for the tan, i will admit, before dieting for this show i had never tanned once in my life…i started to tan a little bit about 11 weeks out, but its been slow going, look at my 20 week out pic for comparison!

You look very good, will be following.

However, as constructive criticism, you need to start practicing posing INTENSELY for 1-2 hours a day right now. Good posing can and will make an incredible difference in showcasing your physique, and many poses look very wacky right now. Pay close attention to how zraw focused and adjusted his poses as time went by.

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
Legs look awesome! Good V taper too.[/quote]
thanks! i really just think my legs look good at that angle…in a lot of other pics ive taken, the quads look undersized…for some reason in the front double bicep they appear very large! assesing your physique gets complicated when you look drastically different from many different angles!

as for the tan, i will admit, before dieting for this show i had never tanned once in my life…i started to tan a little bit about 11 weeks out, but its been slow going, look at my 20 week out pic for comparison![/quote]

quick pose in the local library

[quote]SSC wrote:
You look very good, will be following.

However, as constructive criticism, you need to start practicing posing INTENSELY for 1-2 hours a day right now. Good posing can and will make an incredible difference in showcasing your physique, and many poses look very wacky right now. Pay close attention to how zraw focused and adjusted his poses as time went by.[/quote]

can you be specific about what makes my posing look very wacky? im still messing around with leg position on the rear poses. on the front double i maybe could of flexed my biceps a bit better. Let me know what you’d change

thanx for the props

-Great V-taper
-Really good quad sweeps
-Conditioning will tighten, Shelby knows where you’re at
-Poses need a few tweeks here and there to maximize the effects of your physique

• Bend your arms a bit more when flexing during FDB and RDB shots.
  • Spike your calf and bend your knee slightly to flex your hamstring in the read poses
    *ALWAYS smile when practicing. It’s too easy to forget onstage if you’re not used to doing it while exerting maximum effort.

Best of luck!

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
-Great V-taper
-Really good quad sweeps
-Conditioning will tighten, Shelby knows where you’re at
-Poses need a few tweeks here and there to maximize the effects of your physique

• Bend your arms a bit more when flexing during FDB and RDB shots.
  • Spike your calf and bend your knee slightly to flex your hamstring in the read poses
    *ALWAYS smile when practicing. It’s too easy to forget onstage if you’re not used to doing it while exerting maximum effort.

Best of luck!

S[/quote]
thanks so much stu! ill put those posing fixes into action immediately!