T Nation

Grindhouse = Awesome

I’ve honestly never had so much fun watching a movie. Both features are great, in entirely different ways. If it had been me, I would have switched the order and showed Planet Terror last. But, other than that, everything they did worked. The previews before and between features were LOL hilarious.

The one for “Thanksgiving” was my favorite.

Anyhow, if you haven’t seen this yet, go. It’s worth it, and it won’t be nearly as good on DVD.

Right on, thanks for the update.

I’m stoked to see it.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but what the hell is it (a movie duh) but what’s up with a movie inside a movie because that’s what it sounds like?

[quote]E-man wrote:
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but what the hell is it (a movie duh) but what’s up with a movie inside a movie because that’s what it sounds like?[/quote]

I think its basically a Double Feature.a

Two movies backed the back.

One movie is “Planet Terror” and the other one I don’t know.

Just a double feature, that’s all.

[quote]E-man wrote:
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but what the hell is it (a movie duh) but what’s up with a movie inside a movie because that’s what it sounds like?[/quote]

Grind house refers to the old movie theatres that would show 2 explotation (women in cages, gore, blackplotation) films together Tarintino and Rodriguez took two of those genres and made 2 different films with fake trailers in between to simulate the real cheese of the 70’s

That movie rocked. When the doctor popped the lesion on the guys tounge in ‘Planet Terror’, everyone in the theatre made a noise of utter disgust.
I’m gonna see it again.

Planet Terror was really good but Deathproof sucked!

[quote]T234 wrote:
Planet Terror was really good but Deathproof sucked! [/quote]

Only a few parts of Death Proof were worth watching.

I was floored by “Nicholas Cage, as Fu Manchu.”
Machete looked cool as well, I think I would actually see that one if it came out.

lol, Machete IS coming out, look!

Yea Grindhouse was badass. Like other people said Planet Terror was awesome and Death Proof was kind of slow to pick up, but the ending was great.

Deathproof was slow in that there wasn’t much action, but there was a ton of fantastic dialogue. It was classic Tarantino.

Grindhouse was ass kicking, testosterone , TandA horror creative and great.

THE other one SUCKED as and tarantino is washed up!

PS, ROSE< Mcgowen was 5star ass.

[quote]TonyP wrote:
lol, Machete IS coming out, look!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0985694/[/quote]

Ha, awesome!

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Deathproof was slow in that there wasn’t much action, but there was a ton of fantastic dialogue. It was classic Tarantino.[/quote]

Who would have thought that there would be so much dialogue in a Tarantino flick?

Seriously though, it was really misplaced in this movie. When you go to see something called “Grindhouse,” you don’t want to see character development or anything. The ending was awesome, but the rest of it was really a bad change of pace from Planet Terror.

For the record, Rose McGowan and Rosario Dawson are super hot, but that chick Zoe definitely had major appeal too. Partly for being a stuntwoman, partly for being a kiwi.

[quote]veruvius wrote:
Who would have thought that there would be so much dialogue in a Tarantino flick?

Seriously though, it was really misplaced in this movie. When you go to see something called “Grindhouse,” you don’t want to see character development or anything. The ending was awesome, but the rest of it was really a bad change of pace from Planet Terror.

For the record, Rose McGowan and Rosario Dawson are super hot, but that chick Zoe definitely had major appeal too. Partly for being a stuntwoman, partly for being a kiwi.[/quote]

Agreed, the order should have been switched. Planet Terror would have made almost anything seem slow in comparison. It should have been the closer.

SPOILER ALERT:

Did anyone else catch the implication that Rose McGowan’s sex scene was so hot that she melted the reel?

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:

PS, ROSE< Mcgowen was 5star ass.[/quote]

Tarantino is washed up? Based on what?

Deathproof was slow in that there wasn’t much action, but there was a ton of fantastic dialogue. It was classic Tarantino.[/quote]

This movie was definitely classic Tarantino, but is that neccessarily a good thing? The dialogue completely killed any suspense that could have been built, and basically slowed the movie down to a slow crawl.

For a movie that was suppsoed to be about violence, gore, and all around over-the-topitude, the dialogue just didn’t fit.

It seems like Tarantino completely called this one in. And if making something “Tarantino-esque” these days is all it takes to get it called great, then I guess Tarantino can keep calling them in.

Reviewers who said “Deathproof” was the better movie are pretentious fucks - and this is coming from the world’s biggest Kurt Russell fan. Don’t believe me? Did anyone lese notice the tanktop he wears in “Big Trouble in Littel China” hanging above the table Jungle Julia was sitting at?

However, Kurt Russell rocked the shit, and the car chase was easily the best in modern cinema.

Kill’Em All wrote:

Tarantino is washed up? Based on what?[/quote]

Well Personally I didn’t think that Kill Bill was anything great. I think that its been since dusk till dawn that he did anything creative.

I think he has attached his name to many movies because he brings a big Draw.

THe fact that piece of shit movie Death Proof made it to the theaters is what im talking about.

I wonder how much he had to do with planet terror? Yes It could of been a fifty fifty.but i dont think so

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
Kill’Em All wrote:

Tarantino is washed up? Based on what?

Well Personally I didn’t think that Kill Bill was anything great. I think that its been since dusk till dawn that he did anything creative.

I think he has attached his name to many movies because he brings a big Draw.

THe fact that piece of shit movie Death Proof made it to the theaters is what im talking about.

I wonder how much he had to do with planet terror? Yes It could of been a fifty fifty.but i dont think so
[/quote]

Kill Bill was the bomb. Rodriguez did From Dusk til Dawn, Tarantino was just in it. But you’re right, that one rocked too.

But so what if he attaches his name to movies to get them played in America. Hero kicked ass, and we never would have seen it if he hadn’t attached his name to it.