T Nation

Griffin/Ortiz Rematch UFC 106

Hey if your going to get back in there why not.

Any thoughts on how this goes down? Or what kind of state Foreest will be in for this match? I’m really not sure about this one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Avdt_MlPGf7YO3qpNOco34w9Eo14?slug=ki-ortizgriffin100809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

So I guess now they’re going to give him respect, put him on TV, do stuff for him, and go out of their hand to do help him with stuff…

[quote]SWR wrote:

So I guess now they’re going to give him respect, put him on TV, do stuff for him, and go out of their hand to do help him with stuff…[/quote]

And also that Dana White’s biggest victim is no longer himself.

Should be a competitive fight. It will be interesting to see how Tito has improved and if his back being healed will make a differense. Tough one for your first fight back but it sounds like Forest has taken some time off from training.

Not knowing what kind of shape either of these guys will be in make it hard to call. I am going to say Tito by GNP.

well, i’ve always thought Tito was kinda full of shit about his injury. either he had one hell of a pain tolerance, or had some pretty awesome drugs (and still passed his drug test).

i thought his SD win over Griffin was BS, too. i think Griffin has improved dramatically since then, while Tito hasn’t done much besides beat up Shamrock and get beat up by everyone else.

i think Griffin will beat him quite handily…

i do like Tito, but wish he would just act like a fighter, insdie of trumping himself up. his time on TUF showed that he’s a decent coach, and a reasonable, likeable guy. he’s also a talented fighter, although i think he’s only a top 20% now, not a top 5% like he used to be.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
well, i’ve always thought Tito was kinda full of shit about his injury. either he had one hell of a pain tolerance, or had some pretty awesome drugs (and still passed his drug test).

i thought his SD win over Griffin was BS, too. i think Griffin has improved dramatically since then, while Tito hasn’t done much besides beat up Shamrock and get beat up by everyone else.

i think Griffin will beat him quite handily…

i do like Tito, but wish he would just act like a fighter, insdie of trumping himself up. his time on TUF showed that he’s a decent coach, and a reasonable, likeable guy. he’s also a talented fighter, although i think he’s only a top 20% now, not a top 5% like he used to be.[/quote]

How do you figure he will beat tito easily??? If you saw the first fight Tito was pretty close to stopping forrest with ground n pound but he slowed do after the first round, with how tito has fought in the past its pretty safe to assume that something was wrong. with him being healthy and the destroyed mental state forrest will be in, i forsee a forrest retirement soon.

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:
cycobushmaster wrote:
well, i’ve always thought Tito was kinda full of shit about his injury. either he had one hell of a pain tolerance, or had some pretty awesome drugs (and still passed his drug test).

i thought his SD win over Griffin was BS, too. i think Griffin has improved dramatically since then, while Tito hasn’t done much besides beat up Shamrock and get beat up by everyone else.

i think Griffin will beat him quite handily…

i do like Tito, but wish he would just act like a fighter, insdie of trumping himself up. his time on TUF showed that he’s a decent coach, and a reasonable, likeable guy. he’s also a talented fighter, although i think he’s only a top 20% now, not a top 5% like he used to be.

How do you figure he will beat tito easily??? If you saw the first fight Tito was pretty close to stopping forrest with ground n pound but he slowed do after the first round, with how tito has fought in the past its pretty safe to assume that something was wrong. with him being healthy and the destroyed mental state forrest will be in, i forsee a forrest retirement soon.
[/quote]

i think Forest has evolved, whereas Tito has not. Tito’s reocrd since they fought is actually pretty lame, whereas Forest fought the top people in the class, somewhat sucessfully.

hey, i could be worng and Tito will come in 200% and destroy Forest, but i really don’t think his heads in the game.

Forest got it

Tito would have to be working his striking like a mo fo then would the takedown but i don’t see it happening w/ this new Forest.

I can’t wait to see Tito fight the new Forest.

TKO - stoppage 2nd round

[quote]bboyedizon wrote:
Forest got it

Tito would have to be working his striking like a mo fo then would the takedown but i don’t see it happening w/ this new Forest.

I can’t wait to see Tito fight the new Forest.

TKO - stoppage 2nd round[/quote]

Who’s this new Forrest you speak of? The one that had a shit gameplan against Anderson Silva, got wrecked in the first round and ran out of the Octagon like a baby?

Tito’s been working with Freddie Roach, so I’d say he’s certainly putting in work to keep improving his standup game.

I hope Tito bashes Forrest, personally.

I just cant see Tito winning this fight. When was the last time Tito had a real fight?

Look at it like this Tito"s gonna have some ring rust but he had it against Machida and did pretty good against the first light heavy thats gonna be able to hold the title for more than a fight in a while. Forrest biggest enemy is his head always has been. He was scared of Tito when they fought and rightfully but you saw his confidence grow as that fight went on. I Agree Tito looked hesitant to pull the trigger on his shot in that fight and his cardio sucked. I think there were alot of problems for Ortiz in that training camp. There Both capable of winning this fight it just matters which shows up with there A Game. Nuff said!

I know MMA maths doesn’t always work but Tito did better against Machida than anyone has recently so I don’t see any reason to write him off totally.

I think Tito takes it but as everyone has said, depends what mental and physical state they both come in. I like both of them so just want to see a good fight.

Huge risk for Tito, totally acceptable risk for Forest.

Tito has looked like shit for probably 2 years.

I overall agree with da wolf (aside from wanting to see Tito bash Forest) but gotta say I think, at this point in his career, Tito has bitten off more than he can chew.

Here’s how it will go down…tito will try and GnP, forrest will try to stand and bang. Tito probably goes out by TKO by the end of the 2nd.

I’m not really excited about this fight. Tito is WAY past his prime.

[quote]mitchellh wrote:
Here’s how it will go down…tito will try and GnP, forrest will try to stand and bang. Tito probably goes out by TKO by the end of the 2nd.

I’m not really excited about this fight. Tito is WAY past his prime.[/quote]

So which fighter in the last couple of years has looked better against Machida?

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
I know MMA maths doesn’t always work but Tito did better against Machida than anyone has recently so I don’t see any reason to write him off totally.

I think Tito takes it but as everyone has said, depends what mental and physical state they both come in. I like both of them so just want to see a good fight.[/quote]

Agreed. And depends on which fighter can better execute their game plan.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
mitchellh wrote:
Here’s how it will go down…tito will try and GnP, forrest will try to stand and bang. Tito probably goes out by TKO by the end of the 2nd.

I’m not really excited about this fight. Tito is WAY past his prime.

So which fighter in the last couple of years has looked better against Machida?[/quote]

Can’t understand all the tito hate. If he is motivated to train at least as hard as he has in the past, he will be a handfull for anyone near the top. If his back really was limiting his training and performance, he will be in the mix at the top.