Greg Valentino: Don't Be This Guy

[quote]nsane-membrain wrote:
I’ve been on and off here since 2001, I just get bored with the same ole’ “I’m a vet! You shut up and do some research!” I came back due to the new look, hoping things have changed. The only thing that has changed is the look, it’s still the same assholes, with exception of a few guys who help the “newbies”. And most of those guys live “across the pond”. No wonder other countries think Americans are assholes. The world doesn’t revolve around you, rainman. Like I’ve seen a thousand times on here, if you don’t like what someone posts, don’t read it!

And you take the time to not only read, but to respond in an assholeish, narcissistic manner. Give the newbies a break, you may be the newbie in a strange place one day! Like in prison… Titus is a small fuck without his roids! I’d post a video but you’ve probably seen it a 1000 times![/quote]

The world DOES revolve around America.

Dang, guys!! I really think the tough reactions to the OP are uncalled for. Read the thread again, from the beginning - it’s pretty harsh.

I’ve seen still pictures of this Valentino guy, but I never saw the videos. So, this has all been new to me. It would never have occurred to me to search through the last eight years of the forum just for Valentino stuff. So, this post is what gave me my first real look at this weirdo.

I think that occasional re-introductions to older material should be fine. Registered members come and go, and the new ones may not be aware of previously posted material. Heck, the web site owners even re-post TC articles from years ago (for instance, the re-posting of TC’s 2005 steroid article that appeared on the home page only two weeks ago).

And there’s this paradox - the established members bemoan and berate newbies as “one-post wonders”, implying that members with so few posts shouldn’t be bothering the boards until they have more experience. Yet, how do you get larger numbers of posts - and thus greater interactivity with the community - without starting with smaller numbers of posts? It’s, like, “don’t post until you’ve posted more”.

People should definitely do some keyword searches before asking for advice. The answers are probably buried in here somewhere. But, trying to point us to a news-of-the-weird item or video shouldn’t earn a poster these piranha-like attacks.

So rain, with all the Raw deal situation and such, what happened to your crusade to get 'roids legalized? You were gonna take a stand and do something about the persecution of recreational steroid users! Remember that? You were gonna change the world, or at least the state of Texas.

And HH, you are just all over the place… Know your role and go back to the political forum.

[quote]GluteActivation wrote:
And there’s this paradox - the established members bemoan and berate newbies as “one-post wonders”, implying that members with so few posts shouldn’t be bothering the boards until they have more experience. Yet, how do you get larger numbers of posts - and thus greater interactivity with the community - without starting with smaller numbers of posts? It’s, like, “don’t post until you’ve posted more”.

[/quote]

I consider this like getting aquainted with the locals. I’ve gone a few places and done a few things in my life. When I do, as a rule, I keep my mouth shut until I get dialed in on the locals. It’s a little bit of a learning experience to find out what other people think is funny, offensive, stupid and whatnot.

If you don’t, it is very likely you will get a bad reception and maybe have your ass handed to you, or misunderstand someone and want to kick theirs.

I’ve seen that happen on these boards a lot too. It seems like the smarter people get dialed in on the sites local flavor. They fit right in.
Others don’t. They get scorched. At least they’re not walking into a bar in Dallas and calling everybody peckerwood.

Isn’t that a proper greeting in Dallas?

This is a PUBLIC forum, not one that one needs to be sponsored in. So when a huge bust goes down, of course there are gonna be a shit load of questions from people wanting answers. Sorta like a bad car crash, you just have to know if anyone was killed, etc… My stance is TC and those guys own this site, control, to an extent, what goes on, and when a member tries to police what is being said, that’s like the public telling Dubya to get outta Iraq.

Get over yourself, or start your own forum. Until then, we can all voice our opinions without fear of a smackdown. Just be cool, if ya don’t want your source ID’d, don’t say shit. But from the lists of dudes that got hammered, chances are your US based UGL is down for at least the time being…

I got a question for some of you veterans. You all bash us “newbies” without knowing anything about us. How do you know that I wasn’t reading the articles on this website for a few years without creating an account? Yes I am in my mid 20’s, don’t watch mtv or vh1 and wow, its amazing I can spell. I just don’t see what all this hostility is for. When I first started reading into some of these forums about a year ago, I thought some of you veterans were extremely helpful when you didn’t bash the initial post. Now its getting hard to read threads with honest answers. If you want a newbie to do research on a subject, guess what? Asking questions is RESEARCH!!

[quote]nsane-membrain wrote:
So rain, with all the Raw deal situation and such, what happened to your crusade to get 'roids legalized? You were gonna take a stand and do something about the persecution of recreational steroid users! Remember that? You were gonna change the world, or at least the state of Texas.

And HH, you are just all over the place… Know your role and go back to the political forum.[/quote]

Ok, you had a point but now you’re just being stupid.

[quote]BUSHMASTER wrote:
I got a question for some of you veterans. You all bash us “newbies” without knowing anything about us. How do you know that I wasn’t reading the articles on this website for a few years without creating an account? Yes I am in my mid 20’s, don’t watch mtv or vh1 and wow, its amazing I can spell. I just don’t see what all this hostility is for. When I first started reading into some of these forums about a year ago, I thought some of you veterans were extremely helpful when you didn’t bash the initial post. Now its getting hard to read threads with honest answers. If you want a newbie to do research on a subject, guess what? Asking questions is RESEARCH!! [/quote]

There is a huge difference between asking questions to learn about AAS use and getting on here with 4 posts asking about sources. Asking for sources is not research.

There seems to be 2 very distinct sides to this discussion:

1. Those that think it is okay, and free of consequence to talk about anything and everything AAS related.

2. Those that know and remember the old days when things were handled much more quietly.

Group number one appears to be made up of newbies and folks from countries that are much more lax about steroid use and possession.

Group number two seems to be made up of people that have been around for a while and understand the idea that loose lips sink ships.

Things have been way too free and easy in the community for the last 2 years or so. Open source boards have proven to be the worst thing that ever happened. That free love, free gear attitude has spawned an entire generation of impatient, lazy loud mouthed newbs that think they are owed steroid information just because they ask. No one researches anymore, and the threads in this forum prove that. It is just a symptom of the disease.

The days of ask and you shall receive source information came to a grinding hault in the wake of Raw Deal. Any source information you receive via an open forum should be taken at your own peril. The Feds have control of hushmail, and all of the other encrypted emails. They are watching the boards. They have come out and said they are looking to crack down on the end user. Why? Because they can. Because there are idiots out there that have no ability to shut the hell up and read.

T-Nation has never been a place to find sources in the open forums. I have been here for a long time, and it has always been handled via PM.

Now - even that is a risky venture. LE knows the process. No source worth a plug nickel would give information to someone that doesn’t come to them with a long list of credible references. Posting about sources in the open forum only calls attention to them.

How does any of this tie into the supposed flaming that is going on in this thread? It is really quite simple. Unless you can exercise a little self-control and not post in the steroid forum every time your finger itches - how are you going to keep your mouth shut about sources? It is all part of the same disease. This forum needs to be cleaned up. It needs to be moderated heavier than any of the other forums. Sadly - other than a cursory support of educated AAS use - this site has no clue about how the community operates. Maybe this is not such a bad thing as it keeps this place from turning into a bro board.

But unless this community starts exercising a little self-control, and if the newbs aren’t told how the cow eats the cabbage from the outset, we are only setting ourselves up for more Raw Deals.

I know this is not popular - but it seems that the biggest bitchers and moaners are those with the fewest posts. I don’t think that is a coincidence.

Rainjack I do agree about naming sources but I have seen it a million times that a newbie gets bashed by asking a simple dumb question about aas.

But if you just bash all these people and the moderators aren’t stopping the naming of sources(which I agree is wrong)it’s never going to stop. I just don’t like being treated like an idiot when I ask a question, after research has been done. Just like anything else that is illegal, the only ones who know anything about it is other users on forums like this.

I just see nothing wrong with someone bringing back old news. I have seen Greg Valentino for the past few years and every time I see his ass I laugh. The way I see it is that if you post something that just seems dumb to some people then those people need not respond to it. I only responded to this thread because I seen people getting angry for no reason. There was no sources being revealed here unless Greg Valentino supplies you with SYNTHOL!

[quote]BUSHMASTER wrote:
Rainjack I do agree about naming sources but I have seen it a million times that a newbie gets bashed by asking a simple dumb question about aas.

But if you just bash all these people and the moderators aren’t stopping the naming of sources(which I agree is wrong)it’s never going to stop. I just don’t like being treated like an idiot when I ask a question, after research has been done. Just like anything else that is illegal, the only ones who know anything about it is other users on forums like this.

I just see nothing wrong with someone bringing back old news. I have seen Greg Valentino for the past few years and every time I see his ass I laugh. The way I see it is that if you post something that just seems dumb to some people then those people need not respond to it. I only responded to this thread because I seen people getting angry for no reason. There was no sources being revealed here unless Greg Valentino supplies you with SYNTHOL![/quote]

The Greg Valentino stuff can be posted in other forums on this site. I think I have already said that once. If you want to chat about Greg Valentino - take it to the off topic forum. Why is this so offensive to you new guys?

I researched on my own. I asked questions and searched until I found the answers. It is not impossible. Newbs today are lazy impatient, and quite spoiled. That is a far cry from not being able to find the answers.

The guy that started the thread understood what was being said to him. Why is it greek to you?

You know sometimes RJ sometimes its just fun to argue but I understand and its not Greek to me.

[quote]BUSHMASTER wrote:
You know sometimes RJ sometimes its just fun to argue but I understand and its not Greek to me.[/quote]

You are preaching to the choir. I actually think you learn more by arguing/debating than you do just asking questions. Kinda like iron sharpens iron.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Personally, I try to reserve my shouting for when the dog pukes on the carpet. He has no real feelings to hurt, lol.

Bushy[/quote]

Of course he has feelings. He pukes on your rug for spite. Try a little tenderness, or he’ll get mad and shit on your bed.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:

So, why don't the other noobs give the VETS A BREAK!, instead of jumping all over them like they're the enemy.

[/quote]
With all due respect, looking at the first nine posts in this thread, it was clearly the vets jumping all over the noobs. It’s interesting how this stuff can get turned around.

[quote]GluteActivation wrote:
InTheZone wrote:

So, why don't the other noobs give the VETS A BREAK!, instead of jumping all over them like they're the enemy.

With all due respect, looking at the first nine posts in this thread, it was clearly the vets jumping all over the noobs. It’s interesting how this stuff can get turned around.

[/quote]

What’s turned around is the newbs’ attitudes. You are not owed a free pass. If you post stupid shit - you should get jumped on. If you post shit in the steroid forum that should be posted in other forums - you should be called on it.

I don’t give respect until it is earned. Not in this forum. If you want to be treated with kid gloves - don’t post stupid shit in here. Shut the fuck up and try to learn something. You can learn a hell of a lot more if you’re not pre-occupied with thinking of a witty post.

OK, some of your points are valid, rain, but look at Greg V. If you were new, wouldn’t you think the “steroid” forum would be the place to put it? It’s news from what, 1999, 2001, somewhere about there? My point is a new dude may not live by your rules of correct placement of his thoughts. And I have wireless, so I can imagine the slow ass progress from one forum to another… Greg V’s pics and shit can be placed in the roid forum, or off topic, whatever…

But cursing and being pissed because someone put it here is as pointless as our arguments. I just know that if I have a question or a point of interest I find amusing, I will post wherever I feel appropriate. What is gonna happen, the keyboard will kick my ass?

Anyway, I’m half drunk so I won’t get personal, but be a friendly post place, not a place that makes the cops, feds, new dudes, people scared of big brother, etc. suspicious of actions. The bigger asshole one is, the greater satisfaction a cop gets outta busting your ass.

And if you tell people to shut the fuck up all the time, YOUR reputation and respect goes way down. Yes, I’ve read hundreds of your posts, you know your shit. But a dick is a dick, and that is a lasting impression. If the Raw Deal doesn’t affect you, then keep on being a mentor to guys with questions.