Greg Plitt Killed... RIP

I just don’t understand how something like this happens to someone that doesn’t want it to happen.

It’s a train…it can only go forward or backwards…damn thing can’t even go left or right.

Plitt was with a film crew when this happened, I want to know more from them. Did they not warn Greg of an approaching train ?

This whole thing stinks, how the fuck does a man get hit by a train at 4:05 pm with a group of people around him ?

In Burbank of all places ? I spend a good chunk of my childhood in Burbank, this place is as boring as they come.

I assume that since Greg has spent time by the rails in the past, he was rather relaxed and not “on guard” this time around. A lax attitude as a result of comfort via the illusion of safety is a recipe for disaster.

But hey, this is just an assumption. Who knows what really happened.

I guess his death betrays the actual value of associating fitness with train tracks.

From a local source, the story is that he tripped while running along side the train trying to get a great action shot (faster than a speeding bullet kinda thing), and tripped.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:
I assume that since Greg has spent time by the rails in the past, he was rather relaxed and not “on guard” this time around. A lax attitude as a result of comfort via the illusion of safety is a recipe for disaster.

But hey, this is just an assumption. Who knows what really happened. [/quote]

Not trying to single you out, but how “on guard” do you need to be around a train? IT’S A FUCKING TRAIN. It is literally something the size of a building turned on its side rolling by at high speeds while making monstrous noises. It is impossible to not see or hear. Only recently aware of this guy, but maybe he wasn’t as pumped on life as he claimed to be and he threw himself in front of the train with the cameras rolling so he’d be remembered for going out with a bang?

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I guess his death betrays the actual value of associating fitness with train tracks.[/quote]

Hardcore train.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Not trying to single you out, but how “on guard” do you need to be around a train? IT’S A FUCKING TRAIN. It is literally something the size of a building turned on its side rolling by at high speeds while making monstrous noises. It is impossible to not see or hear. Only recently aware of this guy, but maybe he wasn’t as pumped on life as he claimed to be and he threw himself in front of the train with the cameras rolling so he’d be remembered for going out with a bang?[/quote]

So you question my “on guard” position, but the notion of a heroic suicide is what you’re asserting instead? LOL

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

I guess his death betrays the actual value of associating fitness with train tracks.[/quote]

Hardcore train.
[/quote]

Overtraining.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Hardcore train.
[/quote]

Overtraining.
[/quote]

HAHA

edit: I feel guilty for how funny I found that

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Hardcore train.
[/quote]

Overtraining.
[/quote]

lol

No longer tracking his progress.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Not trying to single you out, but how “on guard” do you need to be around a train? IT’S A FUCKING TRAIN. It is literally something the size of a building turned on its side rolling by at high speeds while making monstrous noises. It is impossible to not see or hear. Only recently aware of this guy, but maybe he wasn’t as pumped on life as he claimed to be and he threw himself in front of the train with the cameras rolling so he’d be remembered for going out with a bang?[/quote]

So you question my “on guard” position, but the notion of a heroic suicide is what you’re asserting instead? LOL
[/quote]

Don’t think there’s anything “heroic” about it. I’m not saying that that’s what happened. I’m saying that makes way more sense than “he was distracted so he didn’t hear a 50 ton locomotive heading directly at him”.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t think there’s anything “heroic” about it. I’m not saying that that’s what happened. I’m saying that makes way more sense than “he was distracted so he didn’t hear a 50 ton locomotive heading directly at him”.[/quote]

No it doesn’t. There are several tracks there and perhaps he didn’t hear the train that hit him because another train a couple of tracks over had been passing through.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t think there’s anything “heroic” about it. I’m not saying that that’s what happened. I’m saying that makes way more sense than “he was distracted so he didn’t hear a 50 ton locomotive heading directly at him”.[/quote]

No it doesn’t. There are several tracks there and perhaps he didn’t hear the train that hit him because another train a couple of tracks over had been passing through.
[/quote]

Again, it’s a train. There is no possible way you wouldn’t hear/see/sense the presence of a fucking train right next to you, even if you were “distracted” by a train a couple of tracks over.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Hardcore train.
[/quote]

Overtraining.
[/quote]

lol

No longer tracking his progress.
[/quote]

Sounds more like under training.

Apparently he was an adrenaline junky.

Some people who knew him said they’re surprised he lived to 37.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/report-bravo-star-who-died-tried-to-outrun-train-while-filming-for-energy-drink-ad

guess the energy drink doesn’t work.

RIP in peace Greg

[quote]StevenF wrote:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/report-bravo-star-who-died-tried-to-outrun-train-while-filming-for-energy-drink-ad

guess the energy drink doesn’t work.[/quote]

Oh, damn.

Reposting this link from the bb thread. If this wasn’t a suicide then this dude was the dumbest guy of all time.