Greg Plitt Killed by Train

S

Seems like a terrible way to go, especially as this seems to have been “accidental” (I put this in quotes since – provided rumours are true – what he was doing when he died was extremely dangerous).

At any rate, very sad news.

How do you get killed by a train in 2015?

• Darwin

First I heard of the guy but sad.

Apparently he was shooting video of himself and he tripped over the tracks? If this is true, this whole “look at me/selfie thing” has taken its first victim.

[quote]Myosin wrote:

Apparently he was shooting video of himself and he tripped over the tracks? If this is true, this whole “look at me/selfie thing” has taken its first victim. [/quote]

There’s been a few selfie related deaths that I’m aware of. I agree with Aggv, how does this accidentally happen?

RIP

Man had an amazing physique.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Myosin wrote:

Apparently he was shooting video of himself and he tripped over the tracks? If this is true, this whole “look at me/selfie thing” has taken its first victim. [/quote]

There’s been a few selfie related deaths that I’m aware of. I agree with Aggv, how does this accidentally happen?[/quote]

I don’t know details, but trains go really fast and you don’t necessarily hear them coming. I don’t think they routinely blow the horns unless they’re coming up on a crossing.

One of my friends in high school lost an arm to a train just walking along the tracks with loud drunk friends. All of a sudden a train zipped by, they all freaked out, he flinched, his arm whacked the train and it was gone

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Myosin wrote:

There’s been a few selfie related deaths that I’m aware of. I agree with Aggv, how does this accidentally happen?[/quote]

I don’t know details, but trains go really fast and you don’t necessarily hear them coming. I don’t think they routinely blow the horns unless they’re coming up on a crossing.

One of my friends in high school lost an arm to a train just walking along the tracks with loud drunk friends. All of a sudden a train zipped by, they all freaked out, he flinched, his arm whacked the train and it was gone
[/quote]

I bet that killed the party vibe. Did he survive?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your friend, but think they were literally at a train station, surrounded by moving trains. They were also filming illegally.

From the comments section:

“Because they were not too bright or perhaps on some kind of steroids that made them believe they were somehow invincible?”

JFC

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[/quote]

I bet that killed the party vibe. Did he survive?
[/quote]

He survived. It was a long time ago and I’ve only seen him a few times since

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

“Because they were not too bright or perhaps on some kind of steroids that made them believe they were somehow invincible?”

JFC[/quote]
Lol. It doesn’t matter what kills someone who uses steroids, it will always be caused by the steroids. I don’t give a fuck what kind of steroids you are on, you know a train is going to kick your ass in a game of chicken.

[quote]The-German wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

JFC[/quote]
Lol. It doesn’t matter what kills someone who uses steroids, it will always be caused by the steroids. I don’t give a fuck what kind of steroids you are on, you know a train is going to kick your ass in a game of chicken.[/quote]

woooooow, I was very shocked and saddened upon reading of his accident, but i thought to myself, well that rules out steroids being a factor. I was wrong, they will always find a way.

More details coming out after cops watched the footage on the camcorders. I’m sure someone can link the actual write ups, but long story short, Plitt downed a buncha Red Bulls and tried to outrun a train, got clipped, and… well, you know how it ends.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
More details coming out after cops watched the footage on the camcorders. I’m sure someone can link the actual write ups, but long story short, Plitt downed a buncha Red Bulls and tried to outrun a train, got clipped, and… well, you know how it ends.

S[/quote]

Got to think there was more in play than liquid caffeine. This story gets stranger by the day.

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S[/quote]

Got to think there was more in play than liquid caffeine. This story gets stranger by the day. [/quote]

That is such a silly way to go out. That is the reason I don’t want to go skydiving or diving, it just seems a stupid way to die. But trying to out run a train seems dumbest of those risks to take.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/police-fitness-model-killed-train-running-tracks-233801083.html

S

Darwin Award winner

[quote]VTPower wrote:
Darwin Award winner [/quote]

yupp

I guess training that hard comes with inherent danger …