Greg Plitt Attainable Natty?

It seems to vary. Seeing his current build, like in the video, he just looks really lean with great muscle shape, so maybe natty.

But then other pics like the one DazeDolo posted make me think he may have used in the past, but kind of just maintains now and maybe isn’t ‘on’ anymore.

Doesn’t matter either way. I like him, he has a good deal of speeches and rants online, all are pretty good. And his physique is obviously aesthetic as hell regardless.

That guy seems to really likes the sound of his own voice

Of course it’s possible, 18 inch arms isn’t exactly huge is it, most people won’t look like him because most people don’t go to the gym and most of those that do won’t put enough effort in but if you train hard and eat well for 10 years then yes you can get there natty

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
That guy seems to really likes the sound of his own voice[/quote]

Agreed. Great physique, but needs to shut the fuck up.

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
Of course it’s possible, 18 inch arms isn’t exactly huge is it, most people won’t look like him because most people don’t go to the gym and most of those that do won’t put enough effort in but if you train hard and eat well for 10 years then yes you can get there natty[/quote]

18inch arms in single digit BF is pretty friggin big dude, not sure if you realize that.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
Of course it’s possible, 18 inch arms isn’t exactly huge is it, most people won’t look like him because most people don’t go to the gym and most of those that do won’t put enough effort in but if you train hard and eat well for 10 years then yes you can get there natty[/quote]

18inch arms in single digit BF is pretty friggin big dude, not sure if you realize that.[/quote]

I did go on abit of a rant there lol, I’m not saying it’s small but it’s not freakishly big. It would take alot of hard work but if your dedicated I think most people could get there. Alot of guys will think it’s flat out impossible just because the average guy at the gym doesn’t look like that.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
No one maintains 5-6% body fat for more than a few days if at all.

S[/quote]

I am going to respectfully disagree here, and this is only based upon one person that I’ve tested. Now, he was not 180#s mind you.

IIRC, 5’9 165ish at the time.

I did a skinfold on him, 6 site, and everywhere I pinched it was like the back of someone’s knuckles.

His BF% was 2.x%, granted even I realize that’s not 100% accurate, so let’s say a 3-5% variance which is quite acceptable for skinfolds.

That was his normal walking around condition. He’s probably 15-20#s heavier these days and not as ripped, but still in very lean condition, sub 10%
[/quote]

There is a really, really big difference between even 8% bodyfat and 5% bodyfat, as far as performance, health, and visible looks are concerned. I have to agree with Stu on general principle on this one.

I think that the majority of people (and yes, I know your background,) underestimate how incredibly lean even 10% bodyfat is. But what I’m saying is that the guy you measured was 2-% measuring, which could have up to a 5% variation - which could make him closer to 7-8% (realistically,) and now he’s 15-20lbs heavier which will add additional digits of bodyfat - 10% or slightly more in all likelihood.

Again, Stu is saying no one is walking around like that all.the.time. The same seems to go for the guy you’re referring to.

Unless I’m missing something here, IDK.

Also make sure you workout in the gym shirtless and get sweat everywere, its how you let people know your the Alpha.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

18inch arms in single digit BF is pretty friggin big dude, not sure if you realize that.[/quote]

PX has 18" arms :wink:

[quote]SSC wrote:

S[/quote]

I am going to respectfully disagree here, and this is only based upon one person that I’ve tested. Now, he was not 180#s mind you.

I did a skinfold on him, 6 site, and everywhere I pinched it was like the back of someone’s knuckles.

His BF% was 2.x%, granted even I realize that’s not 100% accurate, so let’s say a 3-5% variance which is quite acceptable for skinfolds.

That was his normal walking around condition. He’s probably 15-20#s heavier these days and not as ripped, but still in very lean condition, sub 10%
[/quote]

There is a really, really big difference between even 8% bodyfat and 5% bodyfat, as far as performance, health, and visible looks are concerned. I have to agree with Stu on general principle on this one.

I think that the majority of people (and yes, I know your background,) underestimate how incredibly lean even 10% bodyfat is. But what I’m saying is that the guy you measured was 2-% measuring, which could have up to a 5% variation - which could make him closer to 7-8% (realistically,) and now he’s 15-20lbs heavier which will add additional digits of bodyfat - 10% or slightly more in all likelihood.

Again, Stu is saying no one is walking around like that all.the.time. The same seems to go for the guy you’re referring to.

Unless I’m missing something here, IDK.[/quote]

I dunno, here’s a current pic. Dude is a freak for sure.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I think that the majority of people (and yes, I know your background,) underestimate how incredibly lean even 10% bodyfat is.[/quote]

Agreed. When I was in school, I worked a semester in our hydrostatic body composition lab, routinely testing our varsity athletes. I’d see 100m sprinters with insane vascularity and chiseled abs test at 8-10% BF. They were often shocked that they were this high, having assumed they were in the sub 5% range.

It was humbling for me too. At the time I assumed I was about 15% BF - turned out I was at 22%!

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

Agreed. Great physique, but needs to shut the fuck up. [/quote]

so true

XXXXXXXX

[quote]SSC wrote:

S[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No doubt. But the human body doesn’t want to be that lean (I mean honest to goodness 4-5% bodyfat, not just getting that numeric reading from a skinfold). Thibs has agreed in the past that most top contest ready bodybuilders aren’t truly that lean, more like 6-7%, but it sounds cool to say that you’re as lean as humanly possible without actually dying -lol.

I’ve known, and stood along side many amazing competitors who look like their skin has been peeled off, fibers running every which way along their erectors, inner lat attachments, you name it, and they’re truthful enough to guess their leanness at about 6% at the lowest. As impressive as your friend is (and he truly is sporting an impressive physique), I wouldn’t peg him any lower than that at best.

I know that actual numeric readings are essentially pointless, but as has already been echoed, most people can’t fully comprehend just how lean real single digit bodyfat is. Every idiot in the gym sporting a wife beater either is, or knows someone who is under 10% and huge.

Not arguing, or starting a fight here, just disagreeing based on my own knowledge and experience :slight_smile:

S

[quote]SSC wrote:

S[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No doubt. But the human body doesn’t want to be that lean (I mean honest to goodness 4-5% bodyfat, not just getting that numeric reading from a skinfold). Thibs has agreed in the past that most top contest ready bodybuilders aren’t truly that lean, more like 6-7%, but it sounds cool to say that you’re as lean as humanly possible without actually dying -lol.

I’ve known, and stood along side many amazing competitors who look like their skin has been peeled off, fibers running every which way along their erectors, inner lat attachments, you name it, and they’re truthful enough to guess their leanness at about 6% at the lowest. As impressive as your friend is (and he truly is sporting an impressive physique), I wouldn’t peg him any lower than that at best.

I know that actual numeric readings are essentially pointless, but as has already been echoed, most people can’t fully comprehend just how lean real single digit bodyfat is. Every idiot in the gym sporting a wife beater either is, or knows someone who is under 10% and huge.

Not arguing, or starting a fight here, just disagreeing based on my own knowledge and experience :slight_smile:

S
[/quote]

It’s cool dude, Respect your opinion and you’re not the type to just argue to argue.

This current pic is him much heavier than we I did the skinfold years ago, I’d say about 8 yrs or so. Either way, you’re right skinfolds aren’t the most accurate, and if I had to guess, if he were to have used a Bod Pod way back when it would have been around 5-7% which still has a small bit of error, but not much.

I’d bet money he’s not natural. That doesn’t take away from his hard work, genetic makeup, drive, etc… But his body is how he makes money. It’d be foolish to assume he doesn’t/hasn’t. Also, jehovasfitness, that dude looks ridiculous. Was he a boxer previously?

[quote]SSC wrote:

S[/quote]

[/quote]

actually this guy does: M - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

4 percent year around i think.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

Agreed. Great physique, but needs to shut the fuck up. [/quote]

He may seem like a d bag in his vids, but he’s actually a really nice dude. I met him at the 2010 Arnold and talked to him for a good 10 minutes. He was very willing to offer up any advice he can.

[quote]DazeDolo wrote:
actually this guy does: M - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

4 percent year around i think. [/quote]

Arguing for the sake of arguing huh? Sweet.

Ya what does stu know, he’s only a professional BBer lol

Also, that’s not a legit 4% (not that it really matters but it seems like arguing semantics is the thing to do in here)

That dude has some crazy rear delts. I have a hard time with mine I can’t establish a mind muscle connection if that makes sense. Almost every other muscle I can feel when I lift and place more emphasis on it but I have a very difficult time with rear delts. Sorry not trying to highjack the thread.