T Nation

Greetings T-Nation

My name is Hunter Poole i am new to this site, and have turned to this site for motivation, increasing my chance of sponsorship via youtube views to help pay for competition/food/supplements to help push my training to the next level , as well as just a way to get myself out there, and get some postive feedback.

I have been lifting for 8 years since i was 13, now 21 i have many state, american, and world records under my belt in many federations in powerlifting. I have competed in SPF,USPF,USAPL, and WABDL over nearly the past decade setting records in every age group since. I want to continue my journey to the top and be the best i can be, and potentially the best in the world if i keep progressing at my current rate. This is my passion this is my life dream, ive sacrificed alot for it, and am going to keep on pushing.

stats 6’5
currently 285 i hover around 285-305 depending on carb content and which weightclass i am trying to compete in 275, or 308
height is 6’5
most would say this is a huge disadvatage especially being my frame could hold alot more but from an early age i have learned that height has helped me naturally be good at deadlift, and having wide hips helps my squat, barrel chest helping my bench press those things i am lucky to have

NOW TO THE GOOD STUFF
RAW NUMBERS (competition no knee wraps walked out squats)
606 squat
452 bench press
733 deadlift

^^^^these numbers are nowhere near my current numbers for squat as this competition was nearly a year ago and squat has progressed very nicely hitting 672 fairly easy in a GYM PR. Deadlift and Bench press are close to same as weight has gone down over 30 pounds since that meet being 320 when those lifts were done. I have had a serious of back tweaks and injuries with my s-1,l-5 vertabrae and has given me alot of problems training

I have around 100 videos on my page feel free to check them out anytime or subscribe to my page as i put videos up very periodically www.youtube.com/user/GSUBarbell?feature=mhee

Hey guys, this a friend of mine. He just started a log.

^ in that case I guess ill approve of him

Impressive numbers and good luck. Beyond just a log here, have you started a blog? As an athlete in a lesser known sport you really need to be aggressive in marketing yourself. Look at some of the o-lifters blogs, Jamie Lewis’s Chaos and Pain, and such for examples. If you want to get people to sponsor you, think about what sponsoring you will mean for them. Charity? Prestige? Product promotion?. Treat it just like training, set up a plan and execute it consistently. Periodically review and drop what doesn’t work and try new stuff.

With the internet you have virtually free access to a worldwide audience. Just look at how quickly something can blow up on the internet, like “gangnam style”. Do facebook, get on twitter, all that crap. If you diligently just apply a focused one hour a day for a month, I will be shocked if you don’t start generating something worthwhile. Money on the internet follows traffic, generate some traffic for yourself.

I looked at some of your videos (nice numbers), but think about what your are trying to achieve with posting your videos. Education? Entertainment? Kudos? What makes other videos that you like to watch worthwhile? Think about that and apply it to yours.

This is basically the same advice I have given my son and my nephews. One nephew generates a few hundred bucks a month in advertising traffic cash for posting online videos of his gaming. It is a new world indeed.

BAAAM you nailed it on the head right there, Excellent POST BRO
if there is a rep button on this site id hit it for you.
so true

i got the twitter setup been working on it hard already got 40 followers
and thanks man im working very hard on my lifting, and will take your advice on this
and treat advertising myself like training

My blog is under “Hunter Poole quest for 2000 total” under LOGS-TRAINING LOGS

I am going to update it every workout and post videos if it allows me to as this site seems to give me issues with it

[quote]GoCal wrote:
but think about what your are trying to achieve with posting your videos. Education? Entertainment? Kudos? What makes other videos that you like to watch worthwhile? Think about that and apply it to yours. [/quote]

This.

Welcome to the site. You’ve got some great numbers there and I can tell that you’re passionate about this sport. That being said, what exactly are you hoping to get out of joining this site? This place isn’t going to rocket you to stardom or even kickstart your career. Essentially you’ll be just another guy on a forum (albeit a really strong one). If you want to be noticed then you need to be one of the guys writing the articles not reading them.

james

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]GoCal wrote:
but think about what your are trying to achieve with posting your videos. Education? Entertainment? Kudos? What makes other videos that you like to watch worthwhile? Think about that and apply it to yours. [/quote]

This.

Welcome to the site. You’ve got some great numbers there and I can tell that you’re passionate about this sport. That being said, what exactly are you hoping to get out of joining this site? This place isn’t going to rocket you to stardom or even kickstart your career. Essentially you’ll be just another guy on a forum (albeit a really strong one). If you want to be noticed then you need to be one of the guys writing the articles not reading them.

james
[/quote]

im trying to simply get myself out there in general, and use it for motivation in training, and just general discussion, blog ect.

how do you go about writing the aritlces? You just go under aritlces and write one?

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]GoCal wrote:

This.

james
[/quote]

im trying to simply get myself out there in general, and use it for motivation in training, and just general discussion, blog ect.

how do you go about writing the aritlces? You just go under aritlces and write one?
[/quote]
You have to contact Biotest directly I’m sure.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]GoCal wrote:

This.

james
[/quote]

[/quote]
You have to contact Biotest directly I’m sure.[/quote]

i do not know who that is

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]GoCal wrote:

This.

james
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It’s the company that runs the site.

ok thanks

[quote]GoCal wrote:
Impressive numbers and good luck. Beyond just a log here, have you started a blog? As an athlete in a lesser known sport you really need to be aggressive in marketing yourself. Look at some of the o-lifters blogs, Jamie Lewis’s Chaos and Pain, and such for examples. If you want to get people to sponsor you, think about what sponsoring you will mean for them. Charity? Prestige? Product promotion?. Treat it just like training, set up a plan and execute it consistently. Periodically review and drop what doesn’t work and try new stuff.

With the internet you have virtually free access to a worldwide audience. Just look at how quickly something can blow up on the internet, like “gangnam style”. Do facebook, get on twitter, all that crap. If you diligently just apply a focused one hour a day for a month, I will be shocked if you don’t start generating something worthwhile. Money on the internet follows traffic, generate some traffic for yourself.

I looked at some of your videos (nice numbers), but think about what your are trying to achieve with posting your videos. Education? Entertainment? Kudos? What makes other videos that you like to watch worthwhile? Think about that and apply it to yours.

This is basically the same advice I have given my son and my nephews. One nephew generates a few hundred bucks a month in advertising traffic cash for posting online videos of his gaming. It is a new world indeed.[/quote]

Kind of funny hearing kids(13-17) making enough to live on, on youtube. Pretty crazy how gaming exploded into a major thing. crosses fingers for weightlifting as the next

yes this is my goal as well

i woudnt mind putting my deadlift article i wrote up awhile ago on this site gotta find it

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
[/quote]

haha. I like it.

You are strong as hell. Keep doing what you do.

I hope you don’t get butt-hurt but in your newer vids your squats are very high. In the older ones you hit nice depth (the ones with knee wraps + your gf cheering you on). What happened? On purpose?

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
[/quote]

haha. I like it.

I hope you don’t get butt-hurt but in your newer vids your squats are very high. In the older ones you hit nice depth (the ones with knee wraps + your gf cheering you on). What happened? On purpose?
[/quote]

Thanks BRO

yah i tend to go higher in training, last workout was hgher than i woudve liked, if you go to my training log
“Hunter Poole quest for 2000 total”
I always go depth in meets, just in training i have hard time hitting with so much back fatigue i have.
watch my 650x2 video depth is pretty good on that one.
like i said though no problems in competition when my joints and back 100%

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
[/quote]

haha. I like it.

[/quote]

Thanks BRO

yah i tend to go higher in training, last workout was hgher than i woudve liked, if you go to my training log
I always go depth in meets, just in training i have hard time hitting with so much back fatigue i have.
[/quote]
you also need to tighten your belt lol

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
[/quote]

haha. I like it.

[/quote]

Thanks BRO

[/quote]

you also need to tighten your belt lol[/quote]

^^^^^^you are correct my stomach is very little right now

good stuff coming today in log