Greens+ Replace a Multi-Vitamin?

[quote]Velvet Revolver cleverly wrote :
I quit the multi’s. there garbage. If your eating a good amount of fruits/veggies/lean protein/Grow!/ZMA and throw the Greens+ in there, its all you’ll need for now. the current crop of multi’s just dont cut it for me. I don’t want a bunch of “might work” or “might be absorbed” in my diet.[/quote]

Oh right…

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
AG1 wrote:
Is it bad to stir it into my oatmeal (after its been cooked). I’ve been doing that and then adding Metabolic Drive and blueberries. I actually like it. Greens Plus Bars are good too!

Nope no problem there, just as long as your adding it in after you’ve cooked it.[/quote]

Astonishing change of heart.

Fiber will mess up with absorbtion of vitamins and minerals like ZMA as well.
[/quote]

All this contrasting advice is confusing me you knowledgeable scientist dude you.

[quote]Velvet ‘mad scientist’ Revolver wrote:

Velvet Revolver :Your sources are all 10 to 15 years old. Its a pretty common fact nowadays that multivitamins and minerals get binded up in fiber filled meals.

Stig : Present them then.

Velvet Revolver :Read Tc’s article and threw the thread.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-atomicdog-022[/quote]

[/quote]

This bit ???

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Great article! But what’s up with #4, concerning oatmeal and multivitamins? I’d never heard that before. Thanks for any info!

Some of the minerals in your multi-vitamin tend to bind to the fiber in the oatmeal.

In other words, they pass right through without even taking time to admire the scenary.

[/quote]

Truly brilliant.

[quote]The Stig wrote:
Velvet Revolver cleverly wrote :
I quit the multi’s. there garbage. If your eating a good amount of fruits/veggies/lean protein/Grow!/ZMA and throw the Greens+ in there, its all you’ll need for now. the current crop of multi’s just dont cut it for me. I don’t want a bunch of “might work” or “might be absorbed” in my diet.

Oh right…

Velvet Revolver wrote:
AG1 wrote:
Is it bad to stir it into my oatmeal (after its been cooked). I’ve been doing that and then adding Metabolic Drive and blueberries. I actually like it. Greens Plus Bars are good too!

Nope no problem there, just as long as your adding it in after you’ve cooked it.

Velvet Revolver wrote:

All this contrasting advice is confusing me you knowledgeable scientist dude you.

Velvet ‘mad scientist’ Revolver wrote:

Velvet Revolver :Your sources are all 10 to 15 years old. Its a pretty common fact nowadays that multivitamins and minerals get binded up in fiber filled meals.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-atomicdog-022

This bit ???

Atomic Dog wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Great article! But what’s up with #4, concerning oatmeal and multivitamins? I’d never heard that before. Thanks for any info!

Some of the minerals in your multi-vitamin tend to bind to the fiber in the oatmeal.

In other words, they pass right through without even taking time to admire the scenary.

Truly brilliant.
[/quote]

Hey moron,
I can send you some photos if your that interested in me.

Seriously, your starting to scare me with your constant interest in whatever I write.

Im straight by the way.

He asked if cooking greens in with his oatmeal was a good or bad idea. I said probably a bad idea, if he is admant in eating greens to mix it in

You need a girlfriend/life

And by the way, i was right about our whole little arguement anyways, and the friggen author, TC of T-Nation is where I got my info from. So if you got a problem with oatmeal blocking absorbtion of multivitamins, take it up with him and stop stalking me loser

The Stig wrote:
Velvet Revolver cleverly wrote :
I quit the multi’s. there garbage. If your eating a good amount of fruits/veggies/lean protein/Grow!/ZMA and throw the Greens+ in there, its all you’ll need for now. the current crop of multi’s just dont cut it for me. I don’t want a bunch of “might work” or “might be absorbed” in my diet.

Oh right…

Velvet Revolver wrote:
AG1 wrote:

Nope no problem there, just as long as your adding it in after you’ve cooked it.

Velvet Revolver wrote:

Velvet ‘mad scientist’ Revolver wrote:

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-atomicdog-022

This bit ???

Atomic Dog wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

Truly brilliant.

Hey moron,
I can send you some photos if your that interested in me.

Seriously, your starting to scare me with your constant interest in whatever I write.

Im straight by the way.

He asked if cooking greens in with his oatmeal was a good or bad idea. I said probably a bad idea, if he is admant in eating greens to mix it in

You need a girlfriend/life

And by the way, i was right about our whole little arguement anyways, and the friggen author, TC of T-Nation is where I got my info from. So if you got a problem with oatmeal blocking absorbtion of multivitamins, take it up with him and stop stalking me loser[/quote]

Stop crying.

Back on Topic…

Greens+ and the already spicy V8 juice is friggin sweet.

So my wife says.

I’ve found that Greens+ tastes much better when dissolved in only a very small amount of water. Like, 1 inch of water in a normal cup. It’s pretty thick but, paradoxically, it tastes much better. At least in my opinion. YMMV.

I don’t know if you can get it in the USA, but there does exist flavoured Greens+ and Greens+ in capsule form for those who don’t like the taste. For the regular stuff there are Berry and Tangarine flavours.

I don’t mind it by itself. I like the (kinda) grassy taste.

Info on Vitamin content:

http://greensplus.com/index.php/cPath/34_36

There are also Extra Energy and Daily Detox types (both only flavoured) in Canada and the greens+multi+

Mabey all these variaties are the ONLY supplements that are available in Canada that aren’t in the USA…

Greens+ also comes with a multivitamin version. Its called Greens+Multi, so its two for the price of one. I’ve been using it for a month and its the first time I’ve actually felt more energenic and alert from any multi. Nothing else changed in my diet so I feel I can attribute this feeling to the Greens+Multi. Either way, its a solid product.

I dont know if you can get this brand down in the States. There is one called Progressive which actually taste good in water. I have taken greens products since I found this other brand, plus the nutrient values are higher in the Progressive Brand.