Greens Powder Tips & Tricks

I think greens powder is possibly the most vile thing I’ve had to ever drink. Sometimes I have a steak or something so I don’t mix it with a protein shake and… DISGUSTING. It never mixes well and is always clumpy, nasty, and tastes like soured fish food.

Anyway here’s my little tip. I buy the 5.5oz cans of V8 juice. Put one of those in your protein shaker, add 3-6 shakes of tabasco or other hot sauce, add greens powder and a couple splashes of water. Shake, and drink.

I usually use the diet V8 drink. 4oz of that and 4oz of water with a scoop of green in a shaker. Shake it like a crack whore lookin’ for a fix, and slam it.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
I think greens powder is possibly the most vile thing I’ve had to ever drink. Sometimes I have a steak or something so I don’t mix it with a protein shake and… DISGUSTING. It never mixes well and is always clumpy, nasty, and tastes like soured fish food.

Anyway here’s my little tip. I buy the 5.5oz cans of V8 juice. Put one of those in your protein shaker, add 3-6 shakes of tabasco or other hot sauce, add greens powder and a couple splashes of water. Shake, and drink.[/quote]

Damn good idea! I have just been spooning it in my mouth and gagging it down.

You guys should try sea vegg.It’s the best whole food supplement/vitamin I’ve ever tried.I’m sleeping a lot better and have more energy since I started taking the stuff.

The way I do it is mix it in water, down it, then chug lemonade crystal light immediately after. I don’t even take a breath just go directly from one to the other. I am a two handed drinker in this case and that seems to be the only thing to kill the noxious taste.

I bought a “greens” type product. Well it tastes worse than liquid room temperature worm dirt! I think next time I’ll go the Greens+ capsuels route. 12 cabsuels per serving but this shit is nasty! And to think…the bottle actually says “GREAT TASTE!” My fucking ass!

I dont think there is any hope. I may try the V8 suggestion. :-X

Good idea I’ll try that. I usually have just a scoop of it in my Metabolic Drive shake and it mixes in fine and i dont taste it. But the v-8 thing is a good idea

I’ve been mixing a tablespoon of Berry Green in raw whole milk with Vanilla Grow! and a tablespoon of milled flax seed. Doesn’t taste bad.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
You guys should try sea vegg.It’s the best whole food supplement/vitamin I’ve ever tried.I’m sleeping a lot better and have more energy since I started taking the stuff.[/quote]

can you find it for less than $40 a bottle??

[quote]reconbyfire wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
You guys should try sea vegg.It’s the best whole food supplement/vitamin I’ve ever tried.I’m sleeping a lot better and have more energy since I started taking the stuff.

can you find it for less than $40 a bottle??[/quote]

good luck. Middlemen suck! I hate payin 33 bucks for greens plus as well. I wish Biotest would come out with a greens product

I used to use a can of V8, added some extra water, and a serving of water soluble fiber. Then I’d shoot it down fast.

Now I just use water and shoot it down fast that I’d just get the after taste. The key is not to purposely taste it, I guess…like taking liquor shots (tequila, jager, etc).

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
reconbyfire wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:

can you find it for less than $40 a bottle??

good luck. Middlemen suck! I hate payin 33 bucks for greens plus as well. I wish Biotest would come out with a greens product[/quote]

google it. found it on Amazon for $24

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
I think greens powder is possibly the most vile thing I’ve had to ever drink. Sometimes I have a steak or something so I don’t mix it with a protein shake and… DISGUSTING. It never mixes well and is always clumpy, nasty, and tastes like soured fish food.[/quote]

To paraphrase apayne: I think most girls just hold their noses when they taste something disgusting. You’re not a girl? Oh.

Geez, butch up you nances. I’ve been taking a greens drink for years (since before it got cool, yo) and have found that while it’s unpleasant on its own, it’s really not that bad when you get used to it (mine tastes like peanut juice if that makes any sense).

Generally I’ve learned that:

You need to use at least 16oz of liquid per serving of drink (mine recommends two tablespoons’ worth, but I take one in the morning and one before I go to bed, so I’m cheating there).

Pulpy liquids like orange juice don’t work well. I don’t know why, but they don’t mix well with the greens. The greens get clumpy and get stuck in your teeth.

Use warm liquids whenever possible - the greens don’t seem to mix well in the cold water - they seem to clump more.

Mix in your protein/Grow! - that’ll help kill the flavor.

Hope that helps.

Apparently Greens+ has a berry flavor out too. Has anyone tried that yet?

[quote]Cluster wrote:
Use warm liquids whenever possible - the greens don’t seem to mix well in the cold water - they seem to clump more.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

Yeah, you nancies! I drink mine whisked into fresh bull’s urine!

[quote]PharmD Pete wrote:
Apparently Greens+ has a berry flavor out too. Has anyone tried that yet?[/quote]

I use the Berry Green from New Chapter. Like I said above, it doesn’t taste bad, but it doesn’t taste much like berries either.

The ingredients are: Organic Spinach, Organic Blueberry, Organic Kale, Organic Parsley, Organic Cranberry, Organic Red Cabbage, Organic Green Cabbage, Organic Broccoli, Organic Brussels Sprouts, Organic Okra, Organic Papaya, Organic Rose Hips, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Concord Grapes, Organic Oats, Organic Brown Rice, Organic Turmeric, Organic Ginger, Organic Cinnamon and Organic Chicory.

It’s supposedly cultured with the following probiotic species: L. casei, L. plantarum, L. salivarius, L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, S. thermophilus, B. bifidum, B. infantis, B. longum and B. breve.

Suggested retail price is $69.95 for 360 grams (60 servings). I find it locally for about $40.

Yup.

It tastes good. I usually mix it into a protein shake (like JB’s Supershake recipe) or have a goop consisting of oatmeal, frozen mixed berries, flax seed, yogurt, protein powder, peanut butter or ground walnuts, Fibre 1 and Greens+ mixed berry flavour. That lasts me for 2 meals during the day. It tastes great and has the added benefit of grossing out co-workers and passersby since it resembles thick bloody bile. Mmmmmm.

I ran out of my Berry Green, so I tried Miracle Greens Plus. I was expecting it to taste crap, but was pleasantly surprised. It tastes like hash(ish), or what I think hash would taste like if I ever … The packaging suggests it’s made by hippies. Anyway, it’s comparable in price to Berry Green ($39.95 for 10 oz.). Good ingredients too.

Serving Size: About 1 Tbsp (9.4g) Servings Per Container: About 30
Amount Per Serving: 1 Tbl.

Calories 50 Calories from Fat 13

%Daily Value
Total Fat 1g 2.5%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 51 mg 1.88%
Potassium 28mg 0.75%
Total Carbohydrate 6 g 2.5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 7.52%
Sugars 1g
Protein 3 g 5%
Calcium 40mg 4%
Iron 1.5mg 8.7%

NUTRIENT RICH SUPER FOODS
Certified Organic Barley Grass Juice Powder 800mg *
Spirulina Powder 750mg *
Chlorella-Cracked Cell 200mg *
Spinach Powder 85mg *
With Octacosanol 2mg Triaconsanol 3mg
Hexacosanol 135mcg Tetracosnol 780mcg

NON-DAIRY PROBIOTIC CULTURES MIN. ORGANISMS (AT MFG) 8.5 Billion Units
Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Type A and Type B *
Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bulgaricus *
Bifidobacterium Longus and Breve *

ANTIOXIDANTS
Vitamin C (Natural Rose Hips) 585mg 975%
Acerola Berry Juice Powder 529mg *
Vitamin E (d-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 235IU 783%
Bioflavinoids (Citrus) 55mg *
Silymarin (Milk Thistle 80% Extract) 35mg *
Green Tea (60% Polyphenols, 40% Catechins) 30mg *
Grape Seed (95% Proanthocyanidins) 30mg *
Rutin 30mg *
Gingko Biloba (24% Gingko Flavoglycosides 6% Terpene Lactones) 10mg *

METABOLIC HERBS
Red Raspberry Powder 450mg *
Parsley Juice Powder 450mg *
Ginger Powder (Freeze Dried) 340mg *
Horsetail Stem Powder 170mg *
Royal Jelly (5% 10-HAD) 85mg *
Licorice Root Powder 55mg *
Eleuthero Root Extract 35mg *
Suma (Paffia Paniculata) 35mg *
Astragulus Membranicus 35mg *
Echinacea Augustifolia (Extract 5% Echinacoside) 35mg *
Damiana 35mg *

FIBERS
Apple Pectin 280mg *
Apple Fiber 280mg *
Certified Organic Flax Seed Meal 115mg *

OTHER
Lecithin Powder 99% Oil Free (Non-GMO)1135mg *
Aloe Vera (Freeze Dried) 450mg *
Yucca Juice Powder 450mg *
Watercress Juice Powder 340mg *
Carrot Juice Powder 225mg *
Certified Organic Beet Juice Powder 115mg *
Nova Scotia Dulse 20mg *
Cactus Powder 20mg *
Stevia 12 mg *

NATURAL PLANT ENZYMES 200mg *

Protease, Lipase, Amylase and Cellulase

www.miraclegreens.com/home.htm

I also use raw grass-fed whole milk with protein and greens. The taste isn’t too bad.