Greens in Milk

I plain hate the taste of the greens mix. I was wondering if i incorporate it into my morning shakes (Used to be milk, whey, berries, and oats)should i lose the milk?

I already plan on losing the oats cause the high fiber content will decrease the absorbtion of the nutrients in the Greens mix to a good extend, however what about the calcium in the milk?

Does Milks calcium reduce micronutrient absorbtion significantly?

If milkshakes are a no go, any other ideas to improve the taste of Greens (i will certainly get a flavoured one next time or some caps) blend?

GREENS+ is simply the most nauseating nutritional supplement I have ever had the displeasure of tasting.

It is also one that I believe is completely necessary for everyone to take.

I mix a tablespoon in 8 ounces of plain water, hold my nose, and gulp it down. I follow it up with a shot of some really strong tasting juice like cranberry.

sigh, that reminds me…time to take my daily dose of the GREENS+ stuff…ugh…

Maybe I’m weird, but I actually like the taste of Greens+.

Suggestions:

• Try mixing it in less water, not more. E.g., less than an inch of water at the bottom of a cup. See if that tastes better for you. I tried mixing it in a full cup of water and I didn’t quite like it either.
  • Try mixing it in apple juice, either a full cup or, again, same trick, just an inch of liquid at the bottom.

Does the fiber really take away from the absorption of the greens +? I take it with flax meal, which has a lot of fiber. Just wonderin.

If Greens+ tastes like such ass, why not try a different greens supplement?

I happen to like the flavor of “Best of Greens” just fine. It tastes like brussel sprouts.

[quote]th_underdog wrote:
Does the fiber really take away from the absorption of the greens +? I take it with flax meal, which has a lot of fiber. Just wonderin.[/quote]

Yeah Fiber does decrease other micronutrients uptake, thats why they also recommend not to take your multis, and expensive fish oils with your morning oats or flax.

But i guess it depends on how much fiber you are using in that meal.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
If Greens+ tastes like such ass, why not try a different greens supplement?

I happen to like the flavor of “Best of Greens” just fine. It tastes like brussel sprouts.[/quote]

The thing is i bought a 60 day supply(30 some left to go) that i am not just going to toss out the window to buy a new product. Once i am done with this product i was going to try the progressives blueberry flavoured blend or the Capsule version. But thanks for the advice on Best of Greens.

I use a VitaMix blender, add fresh greens (kale, spinach, cucumbers) a little water, bananas & strawberries. Everything’s organic.
Very delicious.

A little fiber won’t make a difference. A large meal would.

I’m not sure about the milk question. I’ve heard that some studies have shown milk to decrease the body’s ability to absorb antioxidants; others have shown no effect. No one knows what it is in the milk that may have this effect.

I have a hunch that, since milk is difficult to digest, a more digestible dairy product might work better. Maybe, instead of milk, use a combination of water and plain, natural yogurt (that’s what I do and it makes my shake thicker and really yummy). Just make sure the yogurt has live bacterial cultures to improve digestion.

I’ve said it a lot and I’ll say it again, Spicy V8 is the single best way to take Greens+ plus you get some veggie juice to boot.

Take it like mid-day.