Green vs. Mundine Result

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=101728

What do all the Aussies think of this result? Did the fight meet your expectations? And should there be a rematch?

I think I am representative of the majority of Aussies. I wanted Green to win. Not because I think that Green is the better fighter or more deserving, but just because I hate Mundine.

I watched the fight down the local club last night and when Mundine first appeared the whole club broke into a chorus of ‘Mundines a Wanker’.

The sad part is that Mndine was certainly the better fighter on the night.

I would love to see a rematch, but only if Green KO’s Mudine next time.

Mundine’s a good sports fighter. Apart from that, I’d say in real life Green would have killed the guy. It’s a shame. I woulda loved to see Green knock Mundine out.

[quote]Eclectic wrote:
Mundine’s a good sports fighter. Apart from that, I’d say in real life Green would have killed the guy. It’s a shame. I woulda loved to see Green knock Mundine out.[/quote]

I just saw him on the NRL footy show and he actually seemed like a respectable human being tonight. Still an arrogant bastard, but no too bad.It was a nice change. That doesnt mean that I wouldn’t have like to see Green beat the snot out of him.

Did ya see Mindine’s father on TV before the fight saying that the white people want Mundine to lose because he’s black.

Yeah ,that’s it of course, has nothing to do with the fact he’s a big-mouthed, head up his own arse wanker that everyone’s sick of hearing about. No one gives a shit what flavour he is, he’s just too full of himself.

Unfortunately, he was the better fighter on the night… Still a wanker though!

As a white non muslim Aussie, I was bloody glad to see the man absolutely dominate Danny Green. I don’t need anyone to tell me what being Australian means and I’m not going to pick a side based on ‘the majority’. The man backed it up, Green didn’t. End of story.

A rematch would only mean that Green would be beaten even more convincingly, he’s just getting older and older, slower and slower (and that one is an honest assessment, nothing to do with who I like). The only thing in it for Green is the money.

I think the man has a lot to do to worry Kessler. He put in the fight of his life against him last time, gave it his all and it was honestly an honourable effort. However he just didn’t have the power to win the bout. I’m not sure if he can challenge the big world class fighters, but boy I’d love to see him do it.

[quote]Eclectic wrote:
Mundine’s a good sports fighter. Apart from that, I’d say in real life Green would have killed the guy. It’s a shame. I woulda loved to see Green knock Mundine out.[/quote]

Well I don’t know about you, but this post has changed my mind about Danny Green…

I wanted green to win. I can’t stand mundine. Neither his mouth or his social bullshit. I distinctly remember him commenting that police were just picking on aboriginals when the redfern heroin dealers were arrested.

However he IS a natural. He has amazing potential i just dont think he has the experience yet. He just doesnt know how to use it to the best of his ability in the ring. However in this fight i think green was trying, but was slightly keeping a distance. What was with all those long distance stomach shots…

I think they are very closely matched fighters so any rematch is worth watching.

to those against mundine because hes a wanker

have you actually heard green speak?

Mundine has been pretty quiet and reasonably humble since the echols fight years ago…

Mundine is strange in that he is one of the few australian athletes who is outwardly arrogant but internally humble… most are the other way around… have you been at nightclubs when the footballers, cricketers or basketballers are there?

Thurston was in the middle of a rape scandal but hes a hero now…

Gasnier Minichello etc message harrassing a woman telling her they will give her 4 fat cocks and they are heros now…

The cricket team is full of racist pricks…

Freddie Fittler in the night clubs when hes had a few drinks will tell everyone who will listen he is the greatest footballer of all time… then go cheat on his wife…

Warne cheats on his wife…

Gordon Tallis yelled at a 60 year old woman because she had a Newcastle Nights hat on…

but all these guys are okay…

as long as you dont say that laurie daley is on old legs its fine if you cheat on your wife, harrass or rape women and are truly arrogant as long as you dont let people know about it on tv…

its alright if you believe you are good just not if you say it…

to be honest i dont mind green i just prefer mundine… i just dont see how they are that different?

greens done the same shit talking that mundine has done… except he did it under fenechs guidance originally…

when mundine switched to boxing fenech was all keen and offered his services… mundine said no then fenech was offended and found two boxers to offer to fight mundine saying they would beat him he new they wouldnt but fenech saw $$$$$$$$$$ signs… almost identical to what he did with green… one was muslim who mundine refused to fight… the other i think was mcleod… anyway mundine accepted and dominated mcleod…

then fenech comes across green and does exactly the same thing… they start calling mundine out…

mundine reacts to piss him off and the banter goes back and forth… soon mundine sees that this could be HUGE $$$ if they both have a title which nearly happened… but when it never looked like it would they set up the fight…

now all the time green is doing EXACTLY what most criticize mundine for… talking smack…

i know one of the guys that fought green and while i dont think that green did any of it he got royally fucked over (by fenech)ie they originally promised a sum of money and after he agreed in the newspapers but not signed they suddenly halve the offer… and give him 6 weeks to lose 16 or so kgs… even the way they called him out was stupid… he had retired but they call him out by sending a boxer to a comp that he was guest at and calling him out infront of tons of people friends and family included…

anyway… green was affiliated with fenech (who is heavily involved with the underworld at worst, remember when he was on the run? and watch thieves and shaddy dealings with boxers at best)
also affiliated with bikie gangs etc… and initially said nothing about his fans throwing bottles at mundine after the perth fights (although in fairness he later was against it)…

to be honest i think that green is probably a nice guy… ive never met him though…