T Nation

Green Veggies Versus Beans

For the sake of convenience my lunch generally consists of eight ounces of chicken mixed in with a serving of one of a variety of all-natural pre-packaged Indian meals. All of the pre-packed meals are vegetarian, consisting of chickpeas, lentils, and/or kidney beans in a base of tomatoes and spices.

I know that the beans are good when it comes to protein, but how do they compare with with green veggies when it comes to vitamins and minerals? Do I need to supplement my lunches with some green veggies, or can I get by on the beans alone?

Theres no substitute for green veggies (or other veggies for that matter). Eat em up.

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
Theres no substitute for green veggies (or other veggies for that matter). Eat em up.[/quote]

Really this is spot on and variety. Try and mix it up. We all get stuck in habits try and have something new every week

Phill

Variety is key. Not only will you get more benefits from a diverse and healthy diet, but you will also avoid being bored of what you eat.

I’m with Thibaudeau on this one: Broccoli (my absolute favorite), cucumbers, and celery.