T Nation

Green Tea

Lately there has been lots of green tea talk… Well i have been using it for some time now, but i would like to incorporate it more on a regular basis. What is a good brand? I am assuming that not all green tea brands are of equal quality. Does anyone have any input on this?

No. All teas are not equal. I have a friend who is well known in New York City’s China Town. He took me to a tea servicing at a Tea Shop on Mott Street. They had teas that ranged in price from one dollar and once to a thousand dollars an ounce. I still am not a ture tea expert, but I could tell the differnce between the dollar stuff and the fifty dollar stuff. Maybe someone can provide information on readily available green teas.
To prepare: Boil water separately, then add to tea in tea pot. You will need to drink at less six 8 ounce cup a day to get any effects.
Best of Luck.

I’m not a huge fan of green teas - just don’t like the taste. But since Ko is more familiar with green tea, he’s the expert in the household where that’s concerned. I’m more of a Oolong, Black tea fan (and Barley tea). And the only place we do get our teas is at the Asian markets. I betcha if you go to one near you, they’ll help you there in finding a good brand.

Portland also has several "tea houses" where you can buy loose leaf varieties. Do you have anything like that by you?

I’ve got a buddy who is really into to drinking tea. I’ll see what he has to say, but I know he gets a lot of his tea from Peet’s Coffee, but that may only be here on the west coast.