Green Tea , Raw?

Hey Is it possible to “swallow” the green tea raw with water?
(I am drinking the gunpowder type)

I hate boiling it.

thanks.

Sure. I don’t think there would be any adverse affect as long as the tea is fairly ground up or you chew it a bit first and maybe wash it first, plus my guess is you would be getting several times the level of nutrients by eating the leaves than you would from just steeping them in water.

aint that badass.

no more boiling water for me.

TeaTech makes an instant green tea in a lot of different flavors. One of the guys on Berardi’s Precision Nutrition site recommended it.

[quote]emonkeh wrote:

I hate boiling it.

thanks.[/quote]

I’m no nutritional expert, but it’s my understanding that tea leaves need to be steeped in order for the oils and nutrients to be extracted and made usable by our bodies.

How about making up a jumbo sized pitcher all at once, then refrigerate it? Then you could add it to your protein powder instead of water.

[quote]emonkeh wrote:

I hate boiling it.

thanks.[/quote]

Do you hate the physical exertion involved in boiling it or do you hate the taste of the final product? If it’s the later you should consider something milder than Gunpowder. Due to its astringency it tends to be more of an acquired taste.

oh I like the taste of green tea, just that
1.boiling it in plastics sounds counter-productive to overall health.
2.it takes a lot of time to boil and cool it down.

also It seems that green tea has some effects on free sex hormones in the body and eating oats with it could counter the binding…

anyway I just munch the green tea a lil wet and it gives a good powerful taste for about two hours after it.