Green Tea All Day

I’ve been downing tons of green tea this past couple of months as part of my cut but I’ve already noticed that my teeth are a little more yellow. I have a tooth colour chart from a home teeth whitening kit and they are at least one shade grosser than they were. I know this is to be expected but is there anything that can be done to reduce this? Does drinking with a straw help? Maybe dilute it more?

From what I’ve read, tea and coffee do this. As for a fix, you can always try the crest whitening strips, or one of those whitening mouth washes. Not sure about the mouth wash, but the strips (from experience) definitely work. They just leave your teeth feeling a little sensitive for a while after use. I drink a lot of tea as well, but it’s a lot in one big cup, I haven’t noticed any yellowing of my teeth as of yet.

Too much green tea can be detrimental to liver health and lead to liver toxicity. Just a heads up. Heres a link if youre interested. Acute liver failure induced by green tea extracts: case report and review of the literature - PubMed

[quote]cally wrote:
Too much green tea can be detrimental to liver health and lead to liver toxicity. Just a heads up. Heres a link if youre interested. Acute liver failure induced by green tea extracts: case report and review of the literature - PubMed

Green tea extracts =! green tea.

In any case, green tea shouldn’t yellow your teeth. It doesn’t have the same stuff in it that coffee does to cause teeth yellowing, so it’s a very peculiar effect. Anything else that might cause it?

I will say that because green tea is anti-inflammatory, it’s best to not take post-workout since you want the inflammation.

I don’t drink green tea anymore because it makes me bloated in my stomach and makes my muscles less full. I pee a lot, but lots of water is left behind and seems to get stuck?

And then theres that whole caffeine addiction.