T Nation

Green Street Hooligans

Did anyone else see this shit movie about soccer hooligans in England?

Why would someone wait ten years to extract vengence for their sons death when one could get to the responsible parties by a short moped ride?

Yeah I agree, the whole English football hooliganism was far too overdramatic, the movie “Football Factory” is way better.

Overdramatic? you do realise it was actualy a true story and they made it into a film, what happened is the same that happened in real life.

Huh…so what the hell happened?

Is it like Willy Wonka and Chocolate factory?

One of the worst movies ever. Frodo baggins as a tough guy–Das ubergay

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Hahahahahaha! I must confess that I quite liked it, although frodo was a bit much. The scene where they stop the train and then use the van to outfox their opponents, was cool though.[/quote]

I agree on all points. They should’ve cut out the scene where Frodo got the West Ham crest tattooed on his birdcage chest. Otherwise I thought it was good.

Football Factory was good too, especially the main character’s grandfather. He was hilarious!

The Firm is the best movie about football hooliganism. (Not the film with the same name featuring Mr Cruise however, that is NOT about football hooliganism.)

OK, I repeat:

What the hell are you all talking about? Explain this weird ass Brit movie to me.

shit film.

The ending is especially cringe worthy.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
OK, I repeat:

What the hell are you all talking about? Explain this weird ass Brit movie to me.[/quote]

Saw it Sunday, it was okay. Not great but okay.

I watched several other ones that day, I’d recommend Children of Men far above Green Street Hooligans.

The movie shows an aspect of the UK society that differs a lot from other countries.
In the UK people from ALL social classes can be hooligans.
While in Italy and in SouthAmerica only the lowest scumbags from the slums are hooligans.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
OK, I repeat:

What the hell are you all talking about? Explain this weird ass Brit movie to me.

[/quote]

Oh…looks like a romantic comedy.