Green Poop?

Was going to post this in the nutrition section (mods feel free to move), but anyone ever have green poop?

I just had some. I did a quick google search and two things jumped out as causes.

Eating a lot of green leafy veggies (which I don’t eat much, only about 1 c of spinach a day), but this is nothing unusual for me.
Another is salmonella.

The only thing that I ate (2 days ago) that could be a culprit is a roast beef sandwich from a deli that my boss left out for 30 mins (in a container).

Any ideas here? anyone else get this?

I’ve read that excess iron intake can lead to green poop.

I wouldn’t worry about it unless it’s a persistent occurrence though. Poop is a fickle thing.

When i take a liquid chlorophyllin supplement my crap comes out green the next day which means it’s making its way through my digestive system

eating lots of dark green veggies might produce the same effect but less significant

Yeah, I’ll be on the look out if it’s consistent. Just found it odd. The last time it happened was when I got hammered on St Patty’s Day drinking green beer, lol

A long time ago I made a mistake and bought vitamins for pregnant women - LOTS OF IRON. In addition to being rock hard, difficult to dislodge and attractive to refrigerator magnets, my excreta were a deep greenish black.

I figured I needed to change something after I chipped the porcelain…

I’ve had it more than once. It was extremely green on one occasion.

When I eat a lot of blueberries, I get really green poop.

LR

Only when I eat copious amounts of lucky charms. Or my bi-daily pound and a half of broccoli. I like it; it’s rather festive and it brightens my day.

Green foods will do it so will lots of iron…

When i was iron deficient, and took pills for it, my poop was green.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Only when I eat copious amounts of lucky charms. Or my bi-daily pound and a half of broccoli. I like it; it’s rather festive and it brightens my day.[/quote]

LOL, funny you mention that. i yelled to my GF that I think I just pooped lucky charms

Have you been eating tomatoes?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080613/ap_on_go_ca_

st_pe/tomatoes_salmonella;_ylt=AqixzCue30y1ummPd

djoInDVJRIF

I have lots of really green poop but I eat a whole bag of frozen broccoli each day plus several salads.

Nope no tomatoes

I’m new to “the boy’s side”, but I’ve got to say ya’ll are WAY more entertaining!!

Had any red wine? Does it to me every time… but it always smells like roses : D

J

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Was going to post this in the nutrition section (mods feel free to move), but anyone ever have green poop?

I just had some. I did a quick google search and two things jumped out as causes.

Eating a lot of green leafy veggies (which I don’t eat much, only about 1 c of spinach a day), but this is nothing unusual for me.
Another is salmonella.

The only thing that I ate (2 days ago) that could be a culprit is a roast beef sandwich from a deli that my boss left out for 30 mins (in a container).

Any ideas here? anyone else get this?[/quote]

Well I have been tracking you in the woods, and I too, have noticed that lately your “stool” has been green.

Stop buying greens plus and buy Superfood

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Stop buying greens plus and buy Superfood[/quote]

lol, never bought greens+ and am on 2nd bottle of Superfood :smiley:

I’m pretty sure if you had something like Salmonella you’d have symptoms beyond curiously green poop.

Boo Berry used to make my poop the funniest shade of blue. Ah, saturday mornings…

I remember being rather dehydrated once and drank 3, 1 liter botles of blue All-sport and that night both my urine and my stool were a MT Dew Bottle Green.