Green Mountain Thaw

Anybody else here trekking to Brattleboro for the Green Mountain Thaw on March 10th? It’s my first ever competition so it would be cool to meet other T-Nation types while I’m up there.

Side Question: It’s a winter show in Vermont, so I’m considering keeping my beard. I rarely, if ever, see competitors with facial hair. Is this a total faux pas and will I get laughed off the stage?

[quote]Reid802 wrote:
Side Question: It’s a winter show in Vermont, so I’m considering keeping my beard. I rarely, if ever, see competitors with facial hair. Is this a total faux pas and will I get laughed off the stage?[/quote]

In my opinion, beards aren’t normally touted in competitions because they can help detract from the showcasing of your leanness. Jawline / cheek tightness both factor into the “overall presentation,” so in my opinion it’s for the best to just take the plunge and shave it off. (I feel your pain, though. You can still have a really light beard probably and be fine.)

I’d love to spectate, but unfortunately times are tight and I can’t spare the cash for gas (I’m in South Burlington). Sounds like a blast though!

Thanks SSC, appreciate the insight.

VTPower - Is All American still open out there by the airport? I miss that gym.

I’ve never been to it, and I heard the owner was into some sketchy stuff, so it may have switched hands. Don’t quote me on that… AFAIK there is still a gym there, but now more focused on MMA.