Green Jobs Czar Van Jones Resigns

How will this affect the already dying MSM? I can see this being the straw that broke the camels back.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Anyone remember Trent Lott? Tell me there isn’t a different burden of proof, based on race and political party, in maintaining one’s non-racist status.[/quote]

This is fairly obvious. 'Course, if someone today says, “I voted for the segregationist and I’m proud of it!” I certainly hope there is a bit of controversy. Don’t you? And isn’t this exactly what he did?

[quote]dtheyer wrote:
That dude was badass… you guys are haters.[/quote]

being a loudmouth and sniveling about the oppression behind your race does not make you a badass

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

How he got there in the first place is amazing. [/quote]

Obama agrees with him. Nothing amazing 'bout that.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Is Obama now racist?

He is a Racist now, has been in the past and will be in the Future. You may want to take the rose colored glasses off and see reality for what it is. He is surrounded by racial radicals, sat in their churches for a decade but is himself somehow above all of it, pure of heart, clean, honest and a beacon of hope in a world where everyone is out for themselves.
[/quote]

Germans used to say: “If only the Fuhrer knew…”

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Anyone remember Trent Lott? Tell me there isn’t a different burden of proof, based on race and political party, in maintaining one’s non-racist status.

This is fairly obvious. 'Course, if someone today says, “I voted for the segregationist and I’m proud of it!” I certainly hope there is a bit of controversy. Don’t you? And isn’t this exactly what he did? [/quote]

I thought he said some kind words at the birthday party of a doddering 100 year old man.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Anyone remember Trent Lott? Tell me there isn’t a different burden of proof, based on race and political party, in maintaining one’s non-racist status.

This is fairly obvious. 'Course, if someone today says, “I voted for the segregationist and I’m proud of it!” I certainly hope there is a bit of controversy. Don’t you? And isn’t this exactly what he did?

I thought he said some kind words at the birthday party of a doddering 100 year old man.[/quote]

Yeah, he spoke favorably about Thurmond’s run for president in the 40’s if I remember right though he made clear he wasn’t advocating Thurmond’s segregationist views.

On the other hand, Robert Byrd was an exalted cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan and remains a Democrat senator to this day. I guess forgiveness for past views is a one way street.

Barack Obama could be filmed while on live television hacking Glen Beck to death with an axe and the reportage would be “President finally gets even with right wing extremist FOX personality Beck”

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:

I thought he said some kind words at the birthday party of a doddering 100 year old man.[/quote]

Again, with the facts…

I’m bored so I did a search on Van Jones and found this video. Green Jobs for a Green Future: Green Roofing - YouTube Green jobs? Ok, I’ll be open minded. But don’t we already have more houses on the market than actual buyers which is causing home prices to fall and on top of that people are losing their jobs and have no money to buy a home anyway?

Then if you put a Green Roof on a building who the hell is gonna mow it if its grass and how are you going to stop the roots from growng into the buildings and making the bricks weaker? Add to it that I don’t think all the eco nazi’s are going to like the idea of using Ortho Weed and Feed in an already polluted city like New York, Detroit, or Chicago.

[quote]dtheyer wrote:
That dude was badass… you guys are haters.[/quote]

So you want reparations for slavery???

[quote]jawara wrote:
I’m bored so I did a search on Van Jones and found this video. Green Jobs for a Green Future: Green Roofing - YouTube Green jobs? Ok, I’ll be open minded. But don’t we already have more houses on the market than actual buyers which is causing home prices to fall and on top of that people are losing their jobs and have no money to buy a home anyway?

Then if you put a Green Roof on a building who the hell is gonna mow it if its grass and how are you going to stop the roots from growng into the buildings and making the bricks weaker? Add to it that I don’t think all the eco nazi’s are going to like the idea of using Ortho Weed and Feed in an already polluted city like New York, Detroit, or Chicago.[/quote]

How does someone plan on making jobs when things like the housing and automobile market are in complete chaos? Homes and cars are not moving, let alone anything to improve them, where did this administration figure to see the profit and opportunity with this? How is adding solar panels to a home going to make it easier to purchase when the original home “as is” is not buyable?

They’re Harvard folk, not really into that common sense thing. They get so caught up in their pseudo intellectualism that they don’t understand things like simple economics.

As soon as you assume 2 things, every single thing they’re doing makes perfect sense.

1. These ARE intelligent people who know exactly what they are doing. That’s definitely number one.

2. The label attached to every single plan and or proposal they utter is a pseudonymous mask for the real agenda which is “transforming America.”

As soon as people can look themselves in the mirror and finally face the fact that healthcare, stimulus, bailouts, cap n trade, ___________________ etc. is not about the things the name implies, but is in reality simply a means for centralizing as much power as quickly as possible, it all falls into place.

They do not care if any of it makes sense or works at all because if they can just push federal power over the final fatal irreversible tipping point, in direct violation of everything this nation was founded to be, it won’t matter one bit what we think any more.

This Van Jones guy was the incarnate personification of this who’s one mistake was being unwilling to hide what in his mind is the long standing high principled mission. Valerie Jarret couldn’t wait to recruit this guy with full knowledge of EXACTLY what he was about. Again, no single person on this Earth has more influence on Barack and Michelle Obama than Valerie Jarret.

Thank God he was uncapable of hiding his agenda (Van Jones), his big mouth led to his political demise in the White House.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:

And I wrote those “kind words” above. Go get the exact quote if you’d like. He said he had voted for the segregationist candidate, that he was proud of it, and that if the rest of the country had followed, “these problems” wouldn’t have occurred.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

Yeah, he spoke favorably about Thurmond’s run for president in the 40’s if I remember right though he made clear he wasn’t advocating Thurmond’s segregationist views. [/quote]

The quote I remember from the time didn’t make that clear at all. But I’m willing to look at it if you look it up.

Pretty sad state that Thurmond and Byrd were/are senators for so long, isn’t it?

That’d probably get some great ratings, I’ve no doubt the execs would love it.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:

I thought he said some kind words at the birthday party of a doddering 100 year old man.

And I wrote those “kind words” above. Go get the exact quote if you’d like. He said he had voted for the segregationist candidate, that he was proud of it, and that if the rest of the country had followed, “these problems” wouldn’t have occurred.

[/quote]

“When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We’re proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn’t have had all these problems over the years, either.”

This is the only quote I can find concerning the controversy. Did someone run on a desegration platform that year, or something? Besides the armed forces…

Edit: And surely, you also got to be outranged over Obama’s “mentor,” and his Czar.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I have no attachment to Strom or Trent. In fact, I have no attachment to the GoP. They could break up as a party tommorow, and I’d probably crack a smile . It’d leave a nice vacuum for a real conservative party to begin to fill.

However, if one can be outraged over some kind political words, at the last birthday of an old man…maybe, just maybe, one has to ask “Obama, what’s up with you mentor, and your Czar? Why do these people pop up around you?”

Where’s the outrage? That’s what some of us are asking. In fact, some of have become rather convinced that “racism” is a tool that can be set aside and taken up at a Liberal’s fancy. A bit tired of the phony outrages, and the double standards.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
They’re Harvard folk, not really into that common sense thing. They get so caught up in their pseudo intellectualism that they don’t understand things like simple economics.[/quote]

The people who nearly destroyed our economy understood “simple economics.” Try again.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
As soon as people can look themselves in the mirror and finally face the fact that healthcare, stimulus, bailouts, cap n trade, ___________________ etc. is not about the things the name implies, but is in reality simply a means for centralizing as much power as quickly as possible, it all falls into place.
[/quote]

More conspiracy theories. You should look up a guy named Joe McCarthy, you’d probably like him.

When will conservatives get over this conspiracy crap? The stimulus was needed (we see now [actually, many saw way back at the beginning of the year] that a BIGGER stimulus was needed). The bailouts were needed (yay capitalism). If they really wanted power, and nothing else, they would have been better off letting the economy totally implode and then declaring martial law or something.

Cap and trade, healthcare ARE meant to transform America, and they were more or less upfront about it, seeing as he ran on a platform of change. But why shouldn’t we change things? Because this is such an awesome country? Riiighht.