T Nation

Greek Lifters Banned From Olympics

Im sure some of you heard of this already . For those who didnt enjoy!

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Sports/2008/04/07/greek_weightlifters_deny_steroid_use/6740/

Seems fishy to me. That 11 of 13 were using banned substances, especially when they knew they were going to be tested. I’m no conspiracy theorist but I think it’s possible that the team had their food/drink spiked or something by a rival nation or something. Or maybe their drug tests were tainted purposefully, or contamenated accidentally.

or maybe they thought they were usinng something which would beat current tests.

Article doesn’t say what the banned substance was.

Not sure if it’s true but I read somebody saying it was tren.

i talked to a guy that said he was advising the greek olympic athletes on cycles…wonder what he is doing for work now? shit must have hit the fan on this one.

i assume it was a mistake with clearance times or they developed a better test for the metabolites and didn’t tell everyone before testing.

If they developed some test in secret, I’d suspect we would end up seeing a lot more surprise tests. Or would’ve seen during the same time, it wouldn’t make much sense to blow out the cover on just one country.
It’s pretty hard to believe what they’re saying that the protein or such we’re hampered with or that the factory they got them from had been cooking up steroids with the same kitchenware and didn’t clean it up properly. I know that has happened really, but it’s pretty hard to believe that it would be possible on that high level. I would guess they’d been buying better quality stuff rather than the cheapest stuff from some dodgy chinese factory.

I covered some of the lead-up to this in the “War On Testosterone” thread…

I was watching the news and they said that they ordered supplements from China and the distributor sent them the wrong stuff.

If I ordered some whey protein and I got some amps i wouldn’t know the difference either.

Hi guys,

As shown in news, Greek weightlifters were found to have taken methyl-trienolone. A methylated version of Trenbolone. One of the most toxic and strongest steroids. We all know.
Thing is, this only gets tested in two (2) centers in the World (!), whereas every sports venue has a doping control center - there may be thousands in the world.
Moreover, they were found to have taken some opioid substance to train through the pain barrier.

All things lead to a conspiracy - who could benefit beats me.

so they took a methylated version of tren and some vikes ,nice .

[quote]ajax11 wrote:
Seems fishy to me. That 11 of 13 were using banned substances, especially when they knew they were going to be tested. I’m no conspiracy theorist but I think it’s possible that the team had their food/drink spiked or something by a rival nation or something. Or maybe their drug tests were tainted purposefully, or contamenated accidentally. [/quote]

LMAO! They ALL juice. China is probably gene-doping by now.

Anyone find it ironic that Greeks can’t go to the Olympic Games? Shouldn’t they get to make up whatever rules they want?

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Anyone find it ironic that Greeks can’t go to the Olympic Games? Shouldn’t they get to make up whatever rules they want?[/quote]

lol. Sure thing. We made the game so we make the rules!. We win! Those are the rules.

“What’dya mean? You can’t do that, there’s 900 million of us. We live here”
“d’ya have a flag?”
“Well, no but we live here”
“No flag, no country. Those are the rules I just made up. With this gun I borrowed from the NRA”

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
ajax11 wrote:
Seems fishy to me. That 11 of 13 were using banned substances, especially when they knew they were going to be tested. I’m no conspiracy theorist but I think it’s possible that the team had their food/drink spiked or something by a rival nation or something. Or maybe their drug tests were tainted purposefully, or contamenated accidentally.

LMAO! They ALL juice. China is probably gene-doping by now.[/quote]

Fuck yeah I heard that. Im an oly lifter and IM on the juice. When the gene shit hits the street Im ON that shit !!

Isn’t Greece one of the more permissive countries with steroids? I thought I’ve read that many different types of AAS are not “scheduled” there as they are in the US and that they can be gotten legally very easily.

Maybe someone’s trying to send a message to Greece to start banning/scheduling the stuff like it is most other places.